Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

UO Stygian Abyss site now live!

- - - - - abyss live site stygian uo

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Link on UO.com shows the Flash banner, but linking is broken, so I guessed it and you can now see it here:
http://www.uoherald.com/stygianabyss/

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Link on UO.com shows the Flash banner, but linking is broken, so I guessed it and you can now see it here:
http://www.uoherald.com/stygianabyss/

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Not to bad at all
Wish EA would put more effort into the main UO page though.

Veldrane

Veldrane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
Interesting site. I really wish they would have put a target="_blank" on the screenshots and concept artwork links though so they'd open in a new window. Nothing major, just a pet peeve.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
hmm, the splash banner is now gone from uo.com

Ceridwen

Ceridwen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
Why do I feel like...

ML:
Elves > Humans

SA:
Gargoyles > Elves > Humans....

... and yet, in the end, most end up back as humans....

But I guess it's better to say good stuff instead of rant.

GO EA! Do commercials! Get people to play UO!

...*feels a bit silly doing so* (but that's what I really would be telling them face to face I guess)
When it comes to running, some are just legendary at birth, and others never learn, I'm sorry to say. - Lady Hester Tarian

Being legendary in running doesn't always help someone like me who is also legendary in dying.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
I thought this an interesting tidbit.

• Flying
  • A Gargoyle's powerful wings carry them over land as fast as a galloping horse and grant them access to special Gargoyle-only areas.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
It's been said Gargoyles will be bigger in stature than humans and elves. Perhaps they will fictionalize it saying Gargoyles are too big for any mount but can fly instead. The short delay usually spent getting on a mount will now be spent "spreading your wings" to take flight as a Gargoyle perhaps?

I think the Gargoyle-only areas will encourage a lot more people to try Gargoyles than the annoying "Elves only" item property on a lot of stuff did for Elves.

Ceridwen

Ceridwen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
True, or the Cu Sidhes...

Ah well, they almost have to make it a quest now, since I doubt many will want to make totally new chars.... unless they add a 7th char slot to SA... *hinthint* ;)

And the pics look good - very 2D. :)
When it comes to running, some are just legendary at birth, and others never learn, I'm sorry to say. - Lady Hester Tarian

Being legendary in running doesn't always help someone like me who is also legendary in dying.

Stukov

Stukov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
I wonder if SA will balance economy or annihilate what little sanity it has left

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I think that will be done through publishes and new content over time, not coming out of an expansion in one fell swoop.

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Why do I feel like...

ML:
Elves > Humans

SA:
Gargoyles > Elves > Humans....

... and yet, in the end, most end up back as humans....

But I guess it's better to say good stuff instead of rant.

GO EA! Do commercials! Get people to play UO!

...*feels a bit silly doing so* (but that's what I really would be telling them face to face I guess)

People like their fads.

-Galen's player

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I noticed links to UO, DAOC and Warhammer at the top of the page
I was pleasantly surprised to see the same links on the Warhammer page.

Nydon

Nydon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

True, or the Cu Sidhes...

Ah well, they almost have to make it a quest now, since I doubt many will want to make totally new chars.... unless they add a 7th char slot to SA... *hinthint* ;)

And the pics look good - very 2D. :)

i will hope for an 8TH char slot , some of us have paid for the 7th and have all 7 full ......lol
Posted Image

Check out my wife's ebay please......lots of great stuff.....
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/pj301972

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Quite a few spelling mistakes on the site, so people have noticed, heh.
Not to mention URL mistakes to.
Not good when advertising a site as "Live"

Veldrane

Veldrane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Quite a few spelling mistakes on the site, so people have noticed, heh.
Not to mention URL mistakes to.
Not good when advertising a site as "Live"

Something else I was noticing when looking over the site was that while it is a nice site graphically, it doesn't really make the connection to Ultima Online. Ultima Online is a sub head of the title, but for anyone just landing at this site there is no strong elemental that makes the connection as a UO expansion (does it even say the word expansion anywhere?)

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yea it's a bit basic, I would've hoped to have seen a lot more content, rather than that overly large flash graphic.

Sure it looks neat, but without actuall content, it's kinda..yucky
It's a lot like the main UOHerald site though, big graphic with no real juice, except a semi updated blog style news page.

I mean the DAOC site, while not exceptional, looks much better than UO's site

http://www.camelothe.../news/index.php

Veldrane

Veldrane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
Part of me wonders if there is no marketing team for UO and that this site was left to the web team (is there one?) to design with the Dev's teams input. Of course they could have the attitude like the head of marketing for another company I used to deal with that said "The web is not an effective marketing tool". I still almost pee my pants laughing everytime I remember that meeting.

I could run down the laundry list of items that I see as issues with this site from a marketing stand point, but I don't want to be viewed as slaming on the web designer (I've been on the receiving end of bad web pub and it's not fun. The site is good graphically, just lacks that marketing punch.) or just generally being an arm chair marketing person.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I think it looks pretty slick, just wish it had more meat to it.

People were screaming for the site, well they got it, lol

Can't wait to see the Soul Forge.

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

People like their fads.

-Galen's player

More than a fad...it's marketing without consideration for balancing, lol. Gargoyles will fly, and are superior at missiles, which suggests they will be awesome archers. Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat :)

Seriously. I'm going to throw this out there right now: make it so Gargoyles have a max of 4 control slots, and make flight take up 1 slot. Also, as suggested by my peers, make ninjitsu form take up 1 control slot.

Else, reexamine Elves, Humans, and Gargoyles, and run a balance pass that actually works.

With all the new skills involved, my cramped Human is now even more cramped. I wish these new crafting skills weren't new skills, but additions to preexisting skills or, maybe a replacement to Item Identification, which has no purpose that I can think of in our current game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: abyss, live, site, stygian, uo