Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Anyone getting any good loot out of Heartwood quests anymore???

- - - - - anymore good heartwood loot quests

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I was wondering cause yesterday I got the most excellent ornate axe. I usually use a bokuto/talon bite combo when PvPing, (nerve strike to hold em still,then switch, then crushing blow to finish em off) and was having a problem of no mana leech, and running out quite often. Well, a few of us saw a couple guys with really sweet weapons and they said they got them from Heartwood strongbox quests. We did the one where we gotta get the Gaman horns, fragment maps, and those vases from the Minataur dungeon. Well upon our first trip, I received said Ornate Axe. Mods are as follows
42 Life Leech
42 Mana Leech
38 Stam Leech
30 Swing Speed Increase
40 Damage Increase.

I was floored! I finally found a replacement for that pesky no-mana-leech-havin' talon bite I used. Although this one has the 18-20 damage instead of the nice prepatch damage 21-23. It does a bit less damage, but with the mana leech it affords me to do many more specials.

So my question is this, has anyone gotten anything worthy of posting lately? I have heard of everything there sucking lately, but after yesterday, I have a little faith left in that already forgotten elven city.....

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
You are the 2nd one to say that in just as many days!!
Received an icq yesterday from friend saying "doesn't anyone check their loot anymore?? I just got a weapon..... (whatever it was cause remember im not a fighter) ...... with ... and 100% .... Sweet!!!" and she was doing a heartwood quest.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
I may have to try them again. Since they nerfed the crap out of them I haven't been back. Too bad really, it gave my crafter something to do for a change.

Tuka :cool:

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Lucky Strike Vendors

Lucky Strike Vendors

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Kewl! Maybe the quests will be worth doing again instead of just wasting resources. I will have to go try for some runics again. :laugh:
Safe Travels and Happy Endings! :)

Z'yloc

Z'yloc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
Where can i find some information on these quests?

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
uostuff.com fills you in on every NPC quest and pretty much where to go to get what you need to finish the said quest

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
My understanding, since the nerf, was that it would still be possible to get really great loot form the Heartwood quests, just that the chances of getting that wonderful item would be very slim.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
thats pretty much been it. I have done the quest about 7 or 8 times, and havent gotten ANYTHING worth a crap since the first one. I even threw on a luck suit for 1 turn in and got the same crappola as my 100 luck suit.. hehe..

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
Can't recall any specific item right now, but I've been getting some pretty good stuff from exactly that quest, The Ancient World. Been doing it pretty regularly for a good while now. The strongboxes have good chances of dishing out nice items, there's usually at least one with really high intensities, it's just about getting lucky and hitting a good combination of properties.

Plus it's always good fun to stealth into the labyrinth to get those minotaur arties :)

Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
There have been 3 of us doing this quest non stop for the last week or so now. We have a dedicated stealther, he goes in and gets about 20-30 at a time. I get the gaman horns, the other guy gets the maps. When were done getting whatever we need, we all pitch in to help the other guy out. Only the 2 of them have stealthers tho, so I cant help much on that part. So I am usually the slayer and collector of the other 2 parts. Its been tonsssssss of fun, since we have been absolutely tired of whats going on right now in pvp. We needed a nice little break, and its been nice. We have each gotten a few weapons that can now be used instead of old ones in our pvp cache. Its hilarious tho to see the storage bags in our houses(we're neighbors) Hes got hundreds of the minitaur arties, weve got hundreds of horns locked down.

We have tried different rumored theories on turning in items for the quests too. One was to have a char with a 120 skill do one. One was multiple 120s, one was a luck suit, one was just a normal player. We have noticed the best loot on our multiple 120s chars. Usually our tamers, (120 lore, tame, vet) It was a rumor we heard when ML first came out, and actually seems to work out pretty decently too. Give it a try if you guys can

Wild Flower

Wild Flower

Wild Flower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
I was wondering if anyone knew if the stone anvil *EAST* was dropping yet?
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anymore, good, heartwood, loot, quests