Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Serious question...is UO worth going to at this point?

- - - - - point questionis serious uo worth

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Knightlock

Knightlock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I would think that both of those shards would offer you a good flavor for the game.
That is another attractive asspect of UO is you can develop chars across many of the shards,your not confined to just one shard except for house ownership.
Take your time,create chars on a few shards, get a feel for the game and then if you decide its a game that you would want to immerse yourself in, well begin shopping for a shard and group of players that you enjoy and earn abit of gold to build a house.
I caution you however that even with its out of date graphics UO can be a very addictive game.
Like others have pointed out at the present time we are seeing an influx of returning players which isn't at all uncommon. People play for a year or two then put their accounts on hold while they explore other games and then return to the one that really has the most diversity in the depth of your paticular gamestyle.
If you ever take a notion to explore Lake Superior please feel free to give me a shout,we have an extensive Alliance with a great number of player who love to help out someone just coming into UO.
Good Luck and I hope you enjoy the game so many of us love.

I am wondering just how to contact someone. The game keeps telling me that there is no such person as so and so. What am I doing wrong?

IronHorse

IronHorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
I believe what people mean by saying to you if you happen to come to their paticular shard is to contact them via these boards or pm or any of the other methods of contact outside of the game and they will make arrangements to meet your char in game and take it from there.
-IronHorse
GM Forge of Virtue
Governor of Trinsic

Keven1

Keven1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

What is your handle?

M name in UO is Sorcerer Keven. However if u would like to meet or something in UO you would have to pm me here. As really there is know way to message anyone in UO unless u are in a guild or allaince. Feel free to message me. If I cannot get on in UO at the time I can arrange for you to meet someone. Just need to know when. Hope to cya in game

Posted Image

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
as a old player that did quit..

If you are new to the game.. then you gotta try UO. Its -the- MMO the grandfather of all.

If you are a old UO player asking to come back.. then id give you a no.

UO is really great, i just grew out of it - Have done... everything in this game.

Posted Image

DAFT1

DAFT1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
I have been playing UO on and off for about ten years and I think the fact that there are so many of us returning players says something about the game. As with most games, you get bored. The best part of this game is that every time you come back you know that something new has happened. A city was razed while I was away the last time. Also, the fact that if you remember your user name and PW you can just start where you left off(you do lose anything you had in a house but I think bank is untouched). If you want you can start chars on all the servers, I got a bunch all over but I play mostly out of Catskills. Stop by Haven and say hello and welcome to the game that always brings you back.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Have done... everything in this game.

In the words of my brother Gilbert... when I told him that... his reply was...

"But I didnt... so show me and lets do it again!"

ps:
I bet you never learnt all the heartwood quests,
I bet you never tested how to make the new ingredient weapons using runic hammers,
I bet you never explored every inch of the UO landmass,
I bet you never found the Sorcerer's Island...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Knightlock

Knightlock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

M name in UO is Sorcerer Keven. However if u would like to meet or something in UO you would have to pm me here. As really there is know way to message anyone in UO unless u are in a guild or allaince. Feel free to message me. If I cannot get on in UO at the time I can arrange for you to meet someone. Just need to know when. Hope to cya in game

I will be on the shard that you mentioned after 2:00 PM today with the name Knightlock. Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks!

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
Goodluck, Knightlock, welcome to UO, please let us know how you like (or dislike) the game. And any other questions, just throw them out here. More than happy to answer any.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Ravenwgray

Ravenwgray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

First of all I am quite serious about the above question and yes I am aware that I will need to try the game. That set aside I guess what I mean by the question is this...is there enough of a population to keep the game alive?

I have been playing WOW for while but am tired of it and wish to move to something else. The only problem is that my graphics card is not going to handle AOC or Warhammer. So I am wondering if UO is a game to consider.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

And just for the record I was a UO devotee for 9 years.

THanks!

Honestly at this point no UO use to be a great MMO but now days it's just on life support. Give it a try though and if you like it great if not try DarkFall Online beta and release are both happening soon and has alot of similar concepts that UO use to have and some it still does but also alot of new ones. It's also WASD (Move with WASD keys) form not PnC (Point and Click to move) PnC is awful if your not use to it lol.

Stukov

Stukov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
Just rembember expansion will bring back lots of people and new ones,and that a huge playerbase doesnt necesarily mean a lot..in WoW you are in shatrath and theres like 1000 ppl in that zone on peak times runing around,spaming trade chanels and so on,but you still feel alone,as its a game much more focused on younger people or people that just want to mind their own business,not saying wow is a bad game,its actually great,but it gets repetitive,and community is generally not that great imo,not because they are evil,but its kind of a social experiment,and in reality,ppl doesnt tend to hold your hand or give you a shoulder to cry on.Ultima Online is good if you like a more personal touch with people,enjoy helping others,and do a diferent thing everyday.For massive raids,discusions for loot,or 24 hours a day battlegrounds,uo is definitely not it.

Of course thats just my opinion,but i have played wow for a long time before and after expansion,and is my impresion of things..

ladykolleen

ladykolleen

Original Wonder Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

With an upcoming expansion announced then I would say yes. If you live on the East Coast give Atlantic a try!

is east coast atlantic? i always thought it was chesapeake.
either way i live on the east coast but im a chesapeake native through and through. lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I am Diana, Princess of the Amazons! I won't be denied! "

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: point, questionis, serious, uo, worth