Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Anyone good at Runic Armor and Math? ;P

- - - - - armor good math runic

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Okay. I know I am doing something wrong. Maybe?

Horned Leather Tunic
Self Repair 4
HPI 5
MR 2
7/18/9/6/7
-base {2/4/3/3/3}
-horned {2/3/2/2/2}
= 3/11/4/1/2
-arms lore {randomly spread 5 points}
= 3/11/0/0/2 (one possibility)

remainder of three resist mods in addition to three other mods = 6 total mods on the piece of armor...shouldn't it be a max of 5, and if so, what am I doing wrong?

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Is it exceptional?

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Guest_Doomsday Dragon_*

Guest_Doomsday Dragon_*
  • Guests
Wow why would you try to figure all of that out before hand I mean seriously it seems like a waste of time.

I just roughly guesstimate what I could get and then craft that junk. If I get something nice good but it is so random that you probably shouldn't worry about it so much.

If it can give 3 to 5 random mods you may get 3 crappy mods all 3 may be resist rolls or all 3 could be an lrc roll adding max lrc OR you could get the full 5 mods and all 5 could go into different rolls giving a resist roll and 4 different minimum intensity mods. You see what I am getting at?

The amount of mods is random and where they go is VERY random. So you could end up with almost anything by the time its over.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I'm pretty sure he already crafted that item Doomsday, and is wondering if there is a discrepancy in the amount of mods applied.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Guest_Doomsday Dragon_*

Guest_Doomsday Dragon_*
  • Guests

I'm pretty sure he already crafted that item Doomsday, and is wondering if there is a discrepancy in the amount of mods applied.

Ahhh ok that makes more sense lol. I thought he was trying to figure out what the end result could be on a piece that was yet to be crafted.

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Is it exceptional?

Yes

And Doomsday, the quick answer is I am a number nerd with an edition of OpenOffice ;). I'm going through some armor, and I'm finding a few of the pieces appear to have 6 mods, which means they must be from an older system than I can recall or I am poor at math. But yes, in this case, it is already crafted. I would throw it away based on the existing mods (I don't find the item usable, hehe), but am curious since it seems to be...unusual. :)

Guest_Doomsday Dragon_*

Guest_Doomsday Dragon_*
  • Guests
If it were not exceptional I would think maybe it was an enhanced piece.

The other option is that bug allowing a piece already crafted with a runic to be enhanced. There were a few variations of this type of bug allowing additional mods to be stacked on armor that already had what should have been maximum mods on it.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

Yes

Then doesn't that also add additional resists? Unless that's where the Arms Lore addition comes from.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
Runics are still strange anyway, I made a weapon with only one mod (fast cast) using a copper runic. I wonder when we'll stop losing mods...
"If deathrobes were bank checks... I'd be filthy rich!"

New in Ultima Online? Visit Haven Helpers
Trade at Ingame Auctions!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Then doesn't that also add additional resists? Unless that's where the Arms Lore addition comes from.

Hm. I thought the way it works is:

Base (2/4/3/3/3 for leather)
+Material (2/3/2/2/2 for horned)
+Runic (4-5 mods; 1-15 per a mod)
+Arms Lore Bonus (+5 randomly spread armor points)

I don't think being exceptional helps for Runic Armor, but for Runic Weapons, being exceptional adds the 35-40 DI bonus, that I know for sure...hm.

Hm. I guess I will hold on to it. I heard, awhile ago, that Horned Kits were bugged, but never investigated that. I wonder if the pieces I'm finding were created when the Horned Kits were bugged. Or, some other bug I was not aware of. Hm.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I'm pretty sure before the Arms Lore change that Exceptional added +5 (randomly placed) resistances. Not sure about what happend to that after the change.

Where have all the crafters gone?

*hears crickets*

Maddux must be grinning.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
I always read that when you use a runic, your exceptionnal bonus is replaced by the bonus of the runic.
Which is why lower end runics made armor with subpar resists and thus not worth using for anything else than weapons.

If I remember correctly the bonus for exceptionnal is 15 resists but dull hammer starts with 5 or something (who said dull? :P)

Though I have a pretty bad memory...
There was some guy on stratics who was going wild on runic maths, it was very interesting, but if only I could remember all that...
"If deathrobes were bank checks... I'd be filthy rich!"

New in Ultima Online? Visit Haven Helpers
Trade at Ingame Auctions!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: armor, good, math, runic