Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Dear Syndicate,

- - - - - dear syndicate

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Orm Toste

Orm Toste

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Stop dropping books all over my shard, we're laggy enough as it is. However, the Luna Bank trash bin does appreciate the regular meals it receives as a result of your visits.

Love,

Napa Valley

Arioch

Arioch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts
Motion Seconded.

Sincerely,

Lake Superior
  • Orm Toste likes this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lord L'arr Hamerfeld

Lady Hester Tarian

Lady Hester Tarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
I also agree!
  • Orm Toste likes this

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
I also agree.

Atlantic

Nydon

Nydon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
i have to add my /agree also . pain in the rump !!
Posted Image

Check out my wife's ebay please......lots of great stuff.....
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/pj301972

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
I'll add in the Agree from Origin because we're a small enough shard as is...we don't need to be loosing players.

gryphonuo

gryphonuo

LORD GRYPHON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
i agree also

Arquestian

Arquestian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Excuse me!!!!???? Because of people like the ones you request to stop, I never have to buy runes! You all are trying to ruin all my fun.

I love picking up all those colored runes and using them for my own affairs. Although if you ask guilds to stop, you have to ask vendors to stop as well.

gryphonuo

gryphonuo

LORD GRYPHON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
syn doesnt drop runes the drop 20 books at a time..i use the vendor runes too cheaper than buying them..they drop entire books...pop out of a gate and you think you are a library lol.

Orm Toste

Orm Toste

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Excuse me!!!!???? Because of people like the ones you request to stop, I never have to buy runes! You all are trying to ruin all my fun.

I love picking up all those colored runes and using them for my own affairs. Although if you ask guilds to stop, you have to ask vendors to stop as well.

They're dropping books all over the place claiming they're the best thing since sliced bread. Frankly I've never heard of them and I'm sick of their books littering the shard. They obviously are annoying other shards with this zerg recruiting tactic as evident by the replies in this thread, so I'm not alone.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
"the most successful Virtual Community in the history of Online Gaming"

They do think theyre the greatest thing since sliced bread, they even wrote a book about themselves extolling why theyre so wonderful. Visiting their website and reading all their pump up spiels reminds of the pre-match ranting of wrestlers or a 4 AM infomercial for diet pills.

Nydon

Nydon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
appearantly they dont have any/many members here , no one is defending them !!.....lol
Posted Image

Check out my wife's ebay please......lots of great stuff.....
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/pj301972

Arquestian

Arquestian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Oh books, sorry I got stuck on runes, I just pick those up everytime I see them and throw them in the trash where they belong. But they also come with runes if you watch, they are usually stacked on top of the book. It is a rune to their recruiting center.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I remember someone saying they get away with it, because some of the dev team (past and present) are in the guild
hehe

gryphonuo

gryphonuo

LORD GRYPHON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
lol by the time i see them....ppl have already take the nice shiny free runes..lol

HeathBar

HeathBar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
It's funny how they are the largest guild in UO yet I rarely see any of their members, just a lot of self promoting propaganda books.

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
Dang, guess I am gonna have to play the devil's advocate here. Didnt wanna do it, but someone does. I too get tired of seeing there books all over Chessie. Does it affect me? No! Does it cost me any gold! No! Does it affect game play! No! We try to stop anyone from publicizing there guild reqruitments, and that is censorship. First the Syndicate, then it will be the Guardians Gate Post, next is will be PaxO books, etc..... After that no runes can be dropped. Where will it stop? I say you dont agree with them, fine, dont have to. But we cannot stop guilds from putting down recruitment books. IMO, I will prolly get lots of feedback, but, it you stop for just one second, and think about what you are saying, I think you will agree.

Orm Toste

Orm Toste

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

It's funny how they are the largest guild in UO yet I rarely see any of their members, just a lot of self promoting propaganda books.

Agreed. Now my guild used to be the largest guild in UO, prior to the zerg recruiting champ-spawn guilds and we had proof and you'd see us flattening dungeons and whatnot. However, you'd think with so many members someone one say something on this forum :-/

Dang, guess I am gonna have to play the devil's advocate here. Didnt wanna do it, but someone does. I too get tired of seeing there books all over Chessie. Does it affect me? No! Does it cost me any gold! No! Does it affect game play! No! We try to stop anyone from publicizing there guild reqruitments, and that is censorship. First the Syndicate, then it will be the Guardians Gate Post, next is will be PaxO books, etc..... After that no runes can be dropped. Where will it stop? I say you dont agree with them, fine, dont have to. But we cannot stop guilds from putting down recruitment books. IMO, I will prolly get lots of feedback, but, it you stop for just one second, and think about what you are saying, I think you will agree.

It does affect my gameplay. I don't want to have to load all the books they plop down.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I'm not saying they should be stopped, just that it's annoying and I usually ignore it, kinda like people who ask me for money when I come out of the convenience store.

Orm Toste

Orm Toste

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Well, thankfully it appears they've stopped, or someone else has been feeding the trash bin for me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dear, syndicate