Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Yay! I'm out of the dungeon!

- - - - - dungeon yay

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Leurocian

Leurocian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hail and Well Met!

We want to thank all of you who came to the Seattle Townhall, in person, virtually, and otherwise. We have been really anxious and excited to talk about the next expansion pack for Ultima Online: Stygian Abyss.

Now that we have formally announced that we are working on SA, we may – from time to time – ask for feedback on game systems and features. We will continue to keep you updated on SA via our website, FoF, as well as dev posts.

It feels really good to be able to interact with you all about what I’ve been working on.

May your swords and spells never fail!

Patrick “Leurocian” Malott
Lead Game Designer, Ultima Online
Mythic Entertainment, an EA Studio

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Thanks POPS!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
Glad to see this info. Yay.

Veldrane

Veldrane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
Welcome back, I look foward to seeing how SA progresses.

As for requesting feedback, I would hope that every effort will be made to make sure that those folks who don't read the messageboards are included. Yes, putting a note in FoF is a great start, but I do hope that serious consideration is being made to use the patcher's built in news system.

Most message boards represent the vocal minority and I would hate for the game to be shaped by a small section of the community who scream (whine?) the loudest.

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Look forward to hearing more about SA from the developers perspective ...

How is the little lady doing? She should be 4 months now I think ;)

*would love to see a pic (attachments work great here)

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Definatly be cool to see some baby/family pictures :)

Thanks for the post, Leurocian

IronHorse

IronHorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Thanks for the info Leurocian.
I do agree however that we all require at least a few pictures of the Princess.
-IronHorse
GM Forge of Virtue
Governor of Trinsic

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Whew, glad you made your great escape from the dungeon and there still is a bright future for UO. Was worried you and your team had been waylaid to WHO by some nasty Mythic dungeonmaster. Appreciate hearing good news that 2D will be a part of SA, and looking forward to more.
Posted Image

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
Not to sound too harsh but, are you (as a company) actually going to listen this time? I can recall many times over the last few expansions where feedback was ask, players gave it and even tested some of the new items, features, etc. And warned about abuses and problems. And what happened when this expansions were released? Yup the exact problems players pointed out remained and took quite sometime to fix, some have still not be address. Yes I have been vague about some of these problems, but I did not feel like rehashing old arguements again.

I wish you luck and make a great expansion, but given your company's track record, I am not expecting much. You put out a feaures list for SA and everyone should know, you will not get every feature on that list implemented in time for its release date.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Mortae

Mortae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Having been through the Third Dawn fiasco and tested that wreck I really hope they mean they will devote the time and effort to putting SA out after really listening to the feedback from the players. It is great to see this post, but so much more needs to be done.

teeshy

teeshy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
Welcome back out into the sunshine! =)

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Good to see you in the light of day Leurocian! ;)

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Innara

Innara

Lady Jasmine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Glad to see you made it out safely!

I hear there are going to be big updates to the crafting system. Carpentry and Tinkering BODS would be nice. Maybe some interesting furniture peices as rewards for carpentry BODs. I love the KR macro and crafting systems they have now, but turning logs into boards is very time consuming when you have a large number of logs. The weight makes this task very tetious since you can only hold about 200 logs at a time. A better way to do this would be ideal. Maybe something like smelting ore, even if sitting on the ground, you can still smelt it. Something similar for logs would be great!

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Great to see you out and about again Leurocian and thanks for posting.

Good to see the 'happy nappy induction ' is over and your back in the realms :reye

and yes now is the time to SHAAAAAARE

we want to see the best kept secret ,pretty please :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
UPDATES here

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dungeon, yay