Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Ultima Online Kingdom Reborn TECHNICAL QUESTION

- - - - - kingdom online question reborn technical ultima

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

cagle06

cagle06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello
I am 34 and have played Ultima Online 89 months. I have the Kingdom Reborn software installed. I PREFER the OLD ORIGINAL Ocllo Musical Score. I am able to locate and change the musical score in the 2d client ,but I am not able to find or locate the Kingdom Reborn version. Can someone please provide me the technical info on how to accomplish this. I am running Windows Vista.

Shadowgate_CSC
Great Lakes Shard

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Moving this to the UO General Discussions area with hope you will get a quicker answer to the question ... sorry i have little knowledge on how to mess with those files...
And welcome to UO Forums :)

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
I think this was asked before and the UO team said it was not possible to change the music files in KR.

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

cagle06

cagle06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for moving the post to the correct area. I respect and appreciate your response jcthebuilder. I am certain though that it is completely possible to change the music files. In my opinion based on the file structure they are using with out getting any deeper than I already have. I believe they are somehow using a script or a file that pulls data from the 2D client. With that said it is a simple matter of knowing where the script is located and titled then modifying the script so that instead of pulling the current song theme for Ocllo you redirect it to the one you want to use. I again appreciate your response and attempt to assist me in this matter.

Shadowgate_CSC
Great Lakes Shard

cagle06

cagle06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
JCTHEBUILDER MY APOLOGIES!!!!!! You were indeed quite correct and I was indeed very INCORRECT!!!! I am very sorry (looks around sheepishly and wonders can I still delete / edit this post and hope no one saw it)
I have been informed from a reliable source that the files are quote "Currently the music in KR is in packed data files, so you can’t edit it"
This same source encouraged me to contact you and follow up with you that we might be of mutual assistance to each other because of this link. http://www.uoforums.com/f1159/looking-for-current-events-updaters-44971/
Please feel free to email me directly if you are still looking or interested at jwatkeys ATTTT BBANDT DOTTTT com.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kingdom, online, question, reborn, technical, ultima