Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Town Hall Thoughts

- - - - - hall thoughts town

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,647 posts
So I'm listening to the Town Hall right now (sorta, there's music on now while it cut out), and I've got a thousand thoughts about the things I've heard. I'm just going to start posting them here.

So first, it was mentioned that there will be gargoyle only areas that are accessed by flying. I'm still against this sort of exclusion. It wasn't a good idea with the third dawn client when Ilshenar was 3d only. Why do it with a race? Can you at least introduce some means for elves and humans to visit these regions like perhaps introducing the flying carpet from Ultima 5 which will let these races go to these regions? It would be similar to the Cu Sidhe pads that humans can use to tame the Cus. Excellent idea on polymorphing and wraithforms being able to fly and access flight areas. I don't mind giving gargoyles a natural advantage to accessing these ideas, but i'd like other races the opportunity to obtain a means to reach these areas.

Will imbuing be a transformed skill like Item ID or will it be a new skill available to SA upgraded accounts?

Mysticism will be another skill? It sounded like a gargoyle only skill? Is this true? Okay, this was answered. It's not gargoyle only.

Throwing was mentioned. Is this a skill? Is this for the gargoyle boomerangs from Ultima 6? Will is go back an include things like shurikens? I know in the past new systems didn't go back and incorporate old stuff (the quest system and the hag quest, for instance). It was answered that this is a new skill.

Gargoyle flying, how will it affect their endurence? Also, how would a flapping gargoyle keep quiet? Not sure on stealthing flyers unless you create an owl race with their quiet feathers. :)

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
So many questions, you know they will drib and drab the answers out like usual.

Embuing, I am wishing will work like masonary, where you do not need to cram into your skill pool.

Are they going to post the actual new requirements for this expansion? Because based on what I have heard and read, requirements will be going up again. This will cause even more people to quit UO, because UO can be played on many low end computers right now. As an overall community we players can not afford to lose too many others or the game becomes unprofitable and will close.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,647 posts
Most people I know play 2d and all the content will be accessible by 2d, so the new client won't affect a majority of people. SA sounds like KR 2.0. It doesn't sound like they are adding all that much stuff, but rather steamlining what was wrong with KR. If that is the case, will it really require more resources or will it just work as KR should have?

Nydon

Nydon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
if the player base gets too low , they should just give out free char xfers to players so we can go to better , more populayed servers . and close down the low populated servers , theres going to be more houseing room , so no worries there . probly makes too much sence though .
Posted Image

Check out my wife's ebay please......lots of great stuff.....
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/pj301972

Master Snow

Master Snow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Anything new at this point is good. Awesome ideas, new skills, weapons, items, races... the usual youd expect from an expansion..

But after all this wait, I cant help but feel a little underwhelmed, seems like old news dressed up as new news to me! Ill hold off on getting too over excited until I see a release date!
Fortune Favors the Bold

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Agreed, without a release date, or at least a beta testing application/date, the news is just hopes from the dev team. After all, this project (be it Origin, EA, Mythic or whatever) doesn't have the best track record as far as actually releasing what they've been working on.

Still, I do have hopes for the future. For example, I'll be very pleased if the throwing skill includes bolos, shuriken and darts.

And I can't wait to become a gargoyle (I have a name picked already) and learn about all the new things that come with the race.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hall, thoughts, town