Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Do you still loot gold?

- - - - - gold loot

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,647 posts
I still loot gold and pick up everything in sight to sell. It was the way I built my nest egg when UO first came out so I guess it is hardwired in me now.

Seamstra

Seamstra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
When I go hunting with my Group we designate a looter and Banker.. Someone who only loots the bodies and takes it to the bank.

Our Best take for the evening (As far as I know) 700K

Then the banker splits up between everyone (Which usually ends up to be between 15-40k per person

Our hunts have slacked a little due to asking them to help me farm some points in Exodous.

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
Yup, definitely still loot gold but not all of it. Say, I may skip the imp corpse but I'll yoink the gold off the daemon for sure (as many have said before, exceptions being if there's no time in some high spawn area).

I rarely loot items though. I always sift through the loot on the corpse if at all possible, but I rarely find anything better than I already have or otherwise something I feel is worthwile. I don't sell much stuff, don't run any vendors, so if I can't use it, it's pretty much garbage to me (minor arties, arties, other special junk excluded - which turned in handy with spring cleaning...).

Posted Image

Guest_Doomsday Dragon_*

Guest_Doomsday Dragon_*
  • Guests
No I stopped looting gold years ago. Once I had a decent amount of gold I started running luna vendors and looting items instead of gold. Anything i can buy cheap and resell or loot and make a decent amount on I put on my vendors.

TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen

Former Legendary Lead CG Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Yup. I still have to buy reagents from time to time!
JP "GrimmOmen" Harrod
Lead CG Supervisor, Mythic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
Yes I loot almost everything. I used to loot the jewel off of dragon and sell them. And I doom I loot both items and gold.

Kariny Stormsong

Kariny Stormsong

P-DOUBLE O-P-ED

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationLake Superior

Hey! Someone left 26 gold in that mongbat corpse!

w00t, It's a good day to be me !

I always think of finding a dead critter with gold on it is like finding a penny on the sidewalk. I always grab gold when I find it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pameleigha

Pameleigha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
I made my first million in despise at teh earth ellys and ettins while training my characters there. LOL
I may not get the gold to the bank, but I always loot and drop the gold on the ground in a pile. I would rather see someone get the gold than just to let it decay on the corpse. I even skin the Imps and greater mongbats.
At Doom I pick a corner close to Nix for anyone who needs supplies there. With healing pets and X-Healing with other players I go through at least 200-500 bandages per round, so I visit Nix a lot! LOL.
Also, the Doom Gauntlet boss monsters (all of them) now have a chance of dropping a set item piece in their corpse. I have got the grizzle gauntlets from the DF and the set piece sword (can't remember their names) from an impaler. They also have nice items worth looking thru for.
Champ spawns there is not enough time and the corpses decay too quickly.

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Man, I used to make all my money killing Lich Lords, and Elder Gazers, before the necro changes. After Melissa stopped spawning, I pretty much stopped PvMing, because I had learned the odds of finding useful items to enhance are just not practical on anything other than Dark Fathers, Peerless, or Champions. The only way to move on up in this game is to acquire Valorite Hammers and Barbed Kits; the time it takes to get gold is less valuable perhaps than the time it takes to run BODs, although both are tedious, and undesirable for my interests, lol.

Lady Treasure Isle

Lady Treasure Isle

Proprietor of Treasured Goods Shoppe and Library, PaxOku

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
I even loot mongbats that my crafter has to kill.

Bright blessings!

Posted Image Please "view" my eggs and hatchlings and release my inner dragons!

Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth

Without The Community You Are Limited

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts
I still loot the gold but i only fight monsters when gathering leather and it seems silly to leave the gold. I even take the Dragon Scales and sometimes the raw meat.

I do check items for enhancement as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gold, loot