Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

disguise kit usage

- - - - - disguise kit usage

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

keysersoze

keysersoze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
i used a disguise kit, but everytime I log in, my characters original name does not come back....its been a while now

any suggestions

Nydon

Nydon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
has it been , trying to think , 2 hours in game i think it is ?
Posted Image

Check out my wife's ebay please......lots of great stuff.....
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/pj301972

keysersoze

keysersoze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
more than 2 hours

Lord Havok

Lord Havok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
I use a disguise kit on one of my toons all the time, sometimes it seems longer then 2 hours for it to wear off...I've never timed it, but I've never had it not wear off.

Seems like things with the thieves guild are buggy atm, I've read where some can't join, my toon can't quit...*shrugs*

I'd suggest just taking your char out running around as much as you can for a couple more hours and see if it wears off, or try paging a GM....or both!

Good Luck!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
-Charles Baudelaire

Nydon

Nydon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
might be 3 hours , i am planning on going thief with a toon soon , but has been years since i played one . and smoke comes out of my ears when i try to think that far back .
Posted Image

Check out my wife's ebay please......lots of great stuff.....
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/pj301972

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
It wears off after 2 hours of gameplay. That is, if you are logged in for 2 hours straight, it will wear off. If yo login for an hour, then logout and go watch TV for another hour, the disguise will not wear off because it has only been 1 hour of gameplay. You would need to play for another hour before it times out. Each time you apply a disguise, you reset the timer.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Or just banksit while watching TV ;)

Evolus

Evolus

Worst Tamer Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Serious question. I understand being a thief on Siege since there is no insurance. However, what is the point of being a thief on Atlantic or another regular shard?

I would really like to play one, but I don't know if the training is worth the reward.

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

Serious question. I understand being a thief on Siege since there is no insurance. However, what is the point of being a thief on Atlantic or another regular shard?

I would really like to play one, but I don't know if the training is worth the reward.

I can't speak for being a thief, but I can explain why disguise kits are handy for roleplayers. We actually have a stealing suit with 57 stealing so characters only need to buy 3 points worth of stealing to join the thieves guild. Once joined, you can drop stealing altogether and still be able to obtain and use disguise kits. Now this is a handy tool for roleplayers who want to create extras for events who can be killed off or who play a temporary role. By using the disguise kit, I can pop a temporary name on the character and dress em up for the role. This provides a skilled challenge in events, as the character is already developed whereas in the past, I had a soulstone account to create these characters. Problem was, they would have low stats which caused issues.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: disguise, kit, usage