Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Seeing people from UOF in-game

- - - - - ingame people uof

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Abby

Abby

Misunderstood Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
So.. I've seen a few people ingame that I only "know" from UOF but I'm usually a friendly person so I say hello and not a one has said anything back. Isn't that weird or am I way off base?

IMO: forum.. game.. whatever medium - the polite thing to do is acknowledge someone you're acquainted with. OR are you not really acquainted until you've went through introduction pleasantries?

I'm not a "pleasantry" type of of person - so maybe that's the problem.

Pameleigha

Pameleigha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
Maybe they were afk or paying attention to ICQ, AIM, or UO Forums instead, or concentrating on a multitude of packs opened up all over the screen in 2D.
I am wondering if something is wrong with speech in Chessie as I have spoken in guild, alliance and to a lot of people during rez duty at the Ethereal Fortress and never saw a response, but did see people say TY. Then i've had people in alliance or guild ask where I was and I never saw them speak.
Anyway, if you spoke to me and I did not respond, it had nothing to do with you, or me being deliberately rude and I apologize :)

Abby

Abby

Misunderstood Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
It wasn't you! :)

The first couple people I thought.. OK, afk, but after a few more.. and a few more I was like.. hmmm... I must overstepping some sort of boundary.

I am not offended, at all. I was just curious what people thought about it.

Pameleigha

Pameleigha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
LOL Phew! =)
I am seriously wondering if there is something wrong with speech now. I had the same thing happen in the fortress and wondered if it was just the way the tiling and rubber banding in that place had something to do with speech not being seen. I had friends there I spent some time with and they did not even speak back to me.
I figured they were afk, or barely watching for ghosts and since I was alive they did not pay attention LOL
To not get a response from so many people is odd tho. Will have to test with friends next time I am in UO now. (if they answer me when I ask them ROFL)

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
If you are not within 2 times in the ethereal fortress you will not see any speech. FYI

Kaveros Sennald

Kaveros Sennald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Well, I "try" to stay IC when IG but generally I'll acknowledge a greeting from someone I know from the forums but may not have ever met IG because I don't want to be rude to anyone. If I'm not responding at all its most likely because I have either crashed and am still trying to get back in, or I may be chatting it up on the forums or ICQ.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
been over 6 months since i have logged in, but if you every see me in game, i will say "sup?"

Abby

Abby

Misunderstood Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

been over 6 months since i have logged in, but if you every see me in game, i will say "sup?"

:laugh:

Tovladian Soltyr

Tovladian Soltyr

Timeless Treasures Co-Owner

• Members
  • 1,521 posts
Also another thing to keep in mind is anyone can make the same name as anyone elses characters, it's the one thing I hate about UO.

So the name you see that you think is a UO Forumer may just be someone with similar creative thought and not the UOF person you think they are.
Posted Image
Timeless Treasures Auctions on Legends Grand Re-Opening to be announced - Contact me for more info

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yea and if you come across someone who claims to be me, it's an imposter, as I don't play the game, heh.

IronHorse

IronHorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
If I am IG I pretty much stay IC.
I find it to be rather rude of people to place their char's in a public location than to go afk or whatever and to not acknowledge other players when they have been addressed in a manner aproperiate to the game.
I believe alot of players have just become lazy and prefer not to have to type.
I always make it a point of interacting with whoever I happen to see while IG.
One thing that makes me nutz are the ones who have badly hotkeyed macro's and they attempt to type anyway knowing that all thats coming out is a bunch of interrupted bits and pieces of text.
Annoys the hell out of me.
-IronHorse
GM Forge of Virtue
Governor of Trinsic

Kaveros Sennald

Kaveros Sennald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
What I don't like is the people that will run up and say something to you or ask some question, give you about 0.000001 second to respond, then either recall or run off. Come on, I didn't even have time to read what was said, much less form a coherent answer in my mind then beat it out on a keyboard. jeez.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pameleigha

Pameleigha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

What I don't like is the people that will run up and say something to you or ask some question, give you about 0.000001 second to respond, then either recall or run off. Come on, I didn't even have time to read what was said, much less form a coherent answer in my mind then beat it out on a keyboard. jeez.....

Ohh That's one of my pet peeves too! LOL And I am on dial up so they have to give me even longer to see their text. I run around with my journal open to make sure I didn't miss anything someone said to me.

Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth

Without The Community You Are Limited

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts
I am sooooooooooooooo bad when it comes to paying attention to people if im focused on decorating, mining, Crafting, stocking and definitly when im CUSTOMIZING hehe

If you want to say hi you might want to spam it and become close to being banned for spaming hehe.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
I am rarely on "Kayhynn" in game. She's my cook fisher, so if you see her, she's either fishing or cooking.

If you saw my other well known character "Cassie Darksong" then yeah, you know me. I'd love to see more people from here in game *whispers* I play on Origin.

NANOC_DWxC

NANOC_DWxC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
I'm sorry Abby but I'm married to Phoenix and she forbids me from talking to any other beautiful Lady's.
*meet me at the BLT* :X
  • Abby likes this

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

I'm sorry Abby but I'm married to Phoenix and she forbids me from talking to any other beautiful Lady's.
*meet me at the BLT* :X

ROFL'ing! :laugh:

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ingame, people, uof