Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Just earned my first 5M gold, best things to buy for archer?

- - - - - 5m archer buy earned gold things

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

EricVT

EricVT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Just today I hit the 5M gold mark on hunting earnings (and that is just from hunting and looting gold and gems)...took quite a while! I'd like to buy some things to help my ABC archer be able to tackle harder monsters and maybe eventually work his way into Doom and into higher level champ spawns.

What would you recommend? He hasn't used any powerscrolls for skills yet but he has used a +25 stat scroll. I sort of want to buy some new equipment though since all of my stuff is really basic stuff I've looted off of blood elementals.

I saw a bow called "The Horselord" and thought it might be good for hunting dragons and elementals? It was 1.8M.

I also saw a ring called "Essence of Battle" that gave Strength and Dex bonuses as well as 30% damage increase. Maybe there are better rings out there, though. This was 500k.

What would you all do, personally?

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
Primer on Arms. First choice for me.

Abby

Abby

Misunderstood Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Here's a "shopping list" that I was given for my archer:

1.) +25 stat scroll
2.) ingredients for:
a) essence of battle (Don't buy that essence for 500K. If you know a tinker with the recipe, buy the captured essence for 200K - If you don't know a tinker.. I bet you can still find it for 400K tops.)
B) resilient bracer
3.) runebeetle carapace
4.) stormgrip
5.) hunters headdress or mace and shield glasses (M&S preferred)
6.) jackals collar
7.) ultra high end sleeves or arm pieces
8.) crimson cinture

I must say, this makes for an ugly suit. He insists I'm just being a girl about it. I still haven't brought myself to wear the runebeetle carapace.

As far as bows - I don't have a shopping list but I recall the horsebow being one he said I needed, as well as The Night Reaper and there was another that I can't remember.

But really, why I wanted to post is to congratulate you on your 5 million!!! All by hunting with your archer? Nicely done.

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Aye congrats on that 5 million!

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

jelinidas

jelinidas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Congrats on the 5mil! Now watch it go!

I guess I would personally start with buying 120's for arch and bushido. Jewel up and head to Doom for arties you need or trade em for what you want. 5 Mil is a lot but will not go far if ya buy all you want. My archer does great in doom only using a Mischeif Maker and Night Reaper. Arties will come fairly quick. You will need a fair amount of gold left in bank for rez's in Doom and insurence. Load up on quivers too. Bolts and arrows are expensive down there! Good Luck and again, mega congrats!

Abyss

Abyss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Save up a few more mil and get a 120 Archery. Best investment you can make. Second would be either mace and shields or stormgrip.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
ABC Archers don't require top end gear for much.

You can get by with:

Helm - Sammy Helm, Brightsight Lenses or crafted/enhanced with MR2/LMC/Stam or HP (Mace and Shield is probably best)
Gorget - Crafted/Enhanced with MR2/LMC/Stam or HP (Jackal's is probably best)
Chest - Heart of the Lion or Crafted/Enhanced with MR2/LMC/Stam or HP
Legs - Crafted/Enhanced with MR2/LMC/Stam or HP or Fey Leggings (if Elf)
Sleeves - Crafted/Enhanced with MR2/LMC/Stam or HP
Gloves - Gloves of Pugilist (Stormgrips are best)
Totem - Primer or Void
Jewels - Anything with HCI/Dex/DI/DCI (importance in that order)

In the end, you're looking for any combination of gear that will get you atleast 60's resists, 40 HCI, MR8, and LMC 40.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
I am going to buck conventional wisdom here.

1. A good default bow. A warrior's weapon defines who he, or she, is. If you can't find a really good bow for under a few million (bows are very expensive since archers finally became useful in PvP again), then get a Dryad Bow. I've always liked that weapon, for several reasons.

2. Hit Chance Increase Jewelry.

-Galen's player

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Oh, I assumed a decent/good bow was already in the fold.

When I say decent, you don't need to spend millions on one.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Nydon

Nydon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
ecuse me for letting my noobness get out of my pants here , whats an ABC Archer?
Posted Image

Check out my wife's ebay please......lots of great stuff.....
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/pj301972

Ceridwen

Ceridwen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
I think it's an "Archery-Bushido-Chivalry" Archer. So basically an archer with those three skills and the usual ones (tact, ana, heal..).
When it comes to running, some are just legendary at birth, and others never learn, I'm sorry to say. - Lady Hester Tarian

Being legendary in running doesn't always help someone like me who is also legendary in dying.

Arioch

Arioch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts
Archery
Bushido
Chivalry

I think.... (have no archer yet)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lord L'arr Hamerfeld

Nydon

Nydon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
aahh , figured that on the A and B , was the C throwing me off ....no idea why
Posted Image

Check out my wife's ebay please......lots of great stuff.....
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/pj301972

Seamstra

Seamstra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
You don't even need to really buy a bow.. You can usually loot a decent one and have a friend who has a fletcher enhance it.

For my archer I like a bow with 40%+ Hit lightening My Bow is 45% Hit lightening with 25% SSI on a 2.5s SS. Coupled with a Ring I have.. I now have a Bow that does 1.5s SS then with High Dex it goes even faster

I have an all 70's resists suit, a Hunters Headdress, a Quiver of Blight and a Void I get bestowed on me recently

Don't forget to use your primary and secondary skills. I have lightening and Psychic attack.

My Archer can take down a person in 1-2 hits (depends if my Bow hit lightening hits at the same time) With the increased swing speed most don't have a chance to even know what is going on.

She is ABC but I haven't found the Bushido much of a use as of yet. The Chiv though is a god sent. Between Divine fury, Enemy of One and Cons. Weapon, the primary and secondary skills going constantly Monsters have no chance nor does a person.

Congrats on your penny pinching and earning 5M What a great feeling to earn it all yourself!

Rashad_FwD

Rashad_FwD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Here's a "shopping list" that I was given for my archer:

1.) +25 stat scroll
2.) ingredients for:
a) essence of battle (Don't buy that essence for 500K. If you know a tinker with the recipe, buy the captured essence for 200K - If you don't know a tinker.. I bet you can still find it for 400K tops.)
B) resilient bracer
3.) runebeetle carapace
4.) stormgrip
6.) jackals collar
8.) crimson cinture

I must say, this makes for an ugly suit. He insists I'm just being a girl about it. I still haven't brought myself to wear the runebeetle carapace.

I gave Abby her shopping list.. and YES, she's being a girl about it :)

first off congrats on the 5 mil!

I tend to agree with the 120 archery being important, although its price is inflated due to the popularity of archery.. so you're probably going to need atleast half again more gold..

You can always gear up and get in some peerless runs and hope for the best.. and if thats the route you take, I would suggest looking at abby's list.. barring the cinture of course, I think when I gave her the list I told her she could earn that one easily enough.

What I would do, if I were you.. Gear up best I could, get in some peerless groups.. score a cinture, sell it and buy a 120 archery scroll and a set of mace and shields.. (theres always the option of banging out enough bucklers to get a set of mace and shields like i did.. *groan*)

Hang in there though, the abc template is probably one of the best there is in peerless hunts, and thats where the top loot is at the moment..

congrats and good luck

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

You don't even need to really buy a bow.. You can usually loot a decent one and have a friend who has a fletcher enhance it.

For my archer I like a bow with 40%+ Hit lightening My Bow is 45% Hit lightening with 25% SSI on a 2.5s SS. Coupled with a Ring I have.. I now have a Bow that does 1.5s SS then with High Dex it goes even faster

I have an all 70's resists suit, a Hunters Headdress, a Quiver of Blight and a Void I get bestowed on me recently

Don't forget to use your primary and secondary skills. I have lightening and Psychic attack.

My Archer can take down a person in 1-2 hits (depends if my Bow hit lightening hits at the same time) With the increased swing speed most don't have a chance to even know what is going on.

She is ABC but I haven't found the Bushido much of a use as of yet. The Chiv though is a god sent. Between Divine fury, Enemy of One and Cons. Weapon, the primary and secondary skills going constantly Monsters have no chance nor does a person.

Congrats on your penny pinching and earning 5M What a great feeling to earn it all yourself!

Not to nitpick, but there isn't a magical short in the game that will take a person down in 1-2 hits (unless they are less than full strength OR have absolute crap armor). No way. Base damage on a short is 11-13...even at 100% DI (max in PvP), AND your hitspell going off for 20 points, AND CW, you're looking at 35-50 damage (and I'm being VERY generous). Any good PvP'er will have 110+ hp's......do the math. Also, EoO doesn't work in PvP.

Ceridwen

Ceridwen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
Sorry Eric for doing this in your thread (congrats!!!), but it kind of fits in here, so I might as well ask (hope you don't mind):

I also have an ABC, however I'm not quite sure on the skill heights I should get to, nor really on the armour.

She's a human, and if I go by your list, I can at least check a couple off the list, but must admit I don't have either 2a nor 2b on her:

1.) +25 stat scroll [x]
2.) ingredients for:
a) essence of battle [x]
B) resilient bracer [x]
3.) runebeetle carapace [x]
4.) stormgrip [x]
6.) jackals collar [currently using a Voice]
8.) crimson cinture [x]

Plus 120 archery (done), Leggings of Bane and a choice of Totem of the Void/Primer.

What should I consider important on the sleeves/jewelry?

I most likely can't outdamage the other archers in our group (they use assassin armour/jackals/m&s and rest of their choice), but then again I can't use the same armour as they have, since I tend to have mana-problems unless I use a lot of MR on my suit. What can I do (apart from taking necro into my template) against mana problems and how much int should an archer have?

Would be glad for any hints - used to playing a tamer and not having to watch for my armour (lrc and luck is all I focus on), so I am a real noob when it comes to finding and matching armour parts to a suit. *blushes* Can't even build myself a "decent mage armour" with resist and whatnot because of that...
When it comes to running, some are just legendary at birth, and others never learn, I'm sorry to say. - Lady Hester Tarian

Being legendary in running doesn't always help someone like me who is also legendary in dying.

onthefifty

onthefifty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
i dont know about 2 hit kills either. i have seen 3 hit kills though.

congrats on the 5 million. jackals or primar is good, or if your chiv trying to get yourself to 4/6 is awesome. spendy though. i did it using orny 1/3 ring which happened to have hci.. nice and 1 fc on my bow.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Only time I've done 2 hit kills frequently was before they changed the Elven LongBow damage. I just don't see it happening with any archery weapon now.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Rashad_FwD

Rashad_FwD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Sorry Eric for doing this in your thread (congrats!!!), but it kind of fits in here, so I might as well ask (hope you don't mind):

I also have an ABC, however I'm not quite sure on the skill heights I should get to, nor really on the armour.

She's a human, and if I go by your list, I can at least check a couple off the list, but must admit I don't have either 2a nor 2b on her:

Plus 120 archery (done), Leggings of Bane and a choice of Totem of the Void/Primer.

What should I consider important on the sleeves/jewelry?

I most likely can't outdamage the other archers in our group (they use assassin armour/jackals/m&s and rest of their choice), but then again I can't use the same armour as they have, since I tend to have mana-problems unless I use a lot of MR on my suit. What can I do (apart from taking necro into my template) against mana problems and how much int should an archer have?

Would be glad for any hints - used to playing a tamer and not having to watch for my armour (lrc and luck is all I focus on), so I am a real noob when it comes to finding and matching armour parts to a suit. *blushes* Can't even build myself a "decent mage armour" with resist and whatnot because of that...

i'll just paste this out of assist..

Anatomy 120.0 120.0
Archery 120.0 120.0
Tactics 120.0 120.0
Bushido 115.0 115.0
Healing 115.0 115.0
Chivalry 90.0 90.0
Focus 40.0 40.0

Str 107 90 (+17)
Dex 150 118 (+32)
Int 55 47 (+8)

what that translates to with my gear on is 118 hpts/158 stamina/90 mana
i've opt'd for elf, for the extra mana.. its pays off in my opinion.
as for mana problems, sure i run out of mana occasionally.. but i try to use bows with hit mana leech.. the one i'm currently in love with is my composite, 50 mana leech, 40 fireball, ssi 10 (i wish it was higher), and di 47%.. nothing like doing an armor ignore and having more mana after the shot goes off than what you started with. :)

as for skills, its a matter of preference i would say.. i've currently got 115 bushido, i wouldnt say an archer would need that much.. i dont get into positions where i need to evade and i think the higher bushido is more for evasion.. lightening strike is important and probably what i use the most.. occasionally confidence and honorable execution for fun.. i'm considering dropping bushido to 80 and and taking some magic resist.. really thats not even necessairy.. with chiv and a trapped box you can get by just fine.

as for what i wear..

mace and shields
jackals collar
RBC
crafted leather sleeves w/ 5 mana, 2 mr, 6/24/10/7/19
storm grips
essence of battle
resilent bracer
legs of bane
crimson cinture
quiver of infinity
totem of the void

totalled up i've got 65/70/70/67/70..

i like to think its viable..

i've had the character since pre-trammel days..
when ML came out, it got an overhaul.. its totally geared toward peerless and gauntlet.. and thats about all its been used for since.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5m, archer, buy, earned, gold, things