Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Doom Temp Tweaking

- - - - - doom temp tweaking

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Gaspar LeMarc

Gaspar LeMarc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
I've been playing around with my template trying to come up with something that can solo doom. I'm nearly positive that something is going to be done to nerf the ability to put on necro jewelry, vamp form, then take it off and still be in vamp form so I don't want to do it with jewelry... this is what I'm thinking.

Swords 120
Tactics 120
Parry 120
Bushido 120
Anatomy 110 (+10 from my dread pirate hat)

That leaves 110 points leftover with I currently have split between healing and chivalry.

I want to know what to do with those 110 points to replace healing that will make it so I can solo doom, even if it takes a lot of time, and so that I stay healed up enough that I'm not running away every five seconds.

Should I stick 100 in Necro for Vamp form and hope the life drain and regen is enough to keep me alive?

I also thought I could go 40 Necro, 70 SS... and go wraith form while constantly cursing my weapon to get enough life leech to stay healed, but I don't know that this'll work since I've never worked Necro/SS into a template before.

My Dexer's Suit gives him 109/131/30 stats but that's without any stat scroll of any kind so eventually I'll have 25 more points to add in. His resists are mostly all above 65 with fire at 80 and energy at 52. His HP Regen is 16 and Stamina Regen is 6. DI 40, HCI 25, and DCI 35.

I want to use an ornate axe with high DI, high SSI, and 10 more DCI which I'll hopefully craft with my golden runic hammer at some point in the near future. I'll cross my fingers for some good slayer weapons out of that batch too.

Main question... can I heal myself solo in doom with nothing but Curse Weapon? can I heal myself solo in doom with nothing but Vampiric Embrace?

~Gaspar LeMarc

Nydon

Nydon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
well if you go with the 70 SS and 40 Necro , the 70 SS will heal you some , and maybe bump that up with some jewelery . between those 2 it might be possible , i am not sure tho , i ahve never done it but have been wanting to take my Sampire in there also .

i would like to add a question to this also if i might . my smapire is 120 swords , and i cant find a good undead slayer for Doom , all i seem able to find is the Holy Sword , no mana leech , or Silver Etched Mace's , should i stone swords and work up mace , or is a slayer nessesary ?
Posted Image

Check out my wife's ebay please......lots of great stuff.....
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/pj301972

Gaspar LeMarc

Gaspar LeMarc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Yeah, swords is tough on account of nobody anywhere making swords weapons with runic hammers. Doesn't really get any love so I've found myself crafting my own weapons and hoping for the best. I see a lot of nice maces and krysses on vendors all the time.

The Redeemer would be decent enough I think.... except that it can't be repaired or fortified (I'm pretty sure it's true) so that won't work.

The Holy Sword might be your best bet at the moment but if you need a two handed weapon it's no good. That's how I've arrived at burning golden hammers on ornate axes and hoping for the best.

If I go the Vampire route and can't curse my weapon... is the 20% life drain enough to keep me healed without a slayer weapon or do I really need to be doing 100 damage each hit?

rhale

rhale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
For rooms, I think vampire has it easier. Solo, you can honor each boss and be assured of doing plenty of damage. Vampire form is pretty much easy mode. Wraith can also be easy, but sometimes poison's/mana drains get me.

Inopportune mana drains are main reason I don't like to rely on consecrate weapon for doom healing. but when you have the mana, it is awesome.

What form for df depends on your weapons I think and how you plan to contend with the spawn. If you get too many rotters and lich lords spawning, it is tough to take them down fast enough with an ornate and momentum strike. I like to use a undead radiant, if it had mana leech, it would be perfect for vampire form. I also like mounted speed for, um , manuevering when the spawn gets heavy.

Having said that, I do see quite a few wraith forms go at the df and they seem fairly successful. I think it is making sure you have the right setup so you always have enough mana for curse weapon and can always hit.

Nydon

Nydon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
yea , i have burned 3 bronze hammers makingh weapons for him , got some very nice ones , just no undead slayers , only one or two slayers at all now that i think on it . only slayers i have for him are the Soul Seeker and a Dragon slayer Katana with 67% mana leech , and a scorp slayer axe with good mana leech for Miasma . for everything else i use a dull copper Katana with 62% mana leech and 65% life leech plus ssi and di . guess i'll try to put some bod's together for anther hammer , think i can get a bronze , dont think i can get higher atm .
Posted Image

Check out my wife's ebay please......lots of great stuff.....
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/pj301972

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
The things about the doom bosses is that they're invulnerable or near invulnerable to different damage types. For example, while you can damage the first four bosses with a 100% fire weapon, the abysmal horrors are invulnerable to fire, meaning that you'll have to have a weapon geared just for them.

So, having consecrate weapon (chivalry) and vampire form (necromancy) will at least let you drain more life back than using other forms.

My solo-Doom template did have spirit speak and 60 necromancy, but I also had chivalry and fewer points in everything else besides my weapon skill. It worked for me pretty well.

I haven't tried my samurai-paladin-vampire in Doom yet, but he's darn good against most peerless.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: doom, temp, tweaking