An old scam returns players beware..

Not sure if this has been happening on other shards but the last couple of days theres been a player on Atlantic whose using an old scam to either make someone destroy there Crimmy or drop it on the ground this old scam involves them telling peeps they know of a bug that can put extra mods on there Crimmy. He first parties someone and begins to tell him he's so and so alt so seems he does abit of research on peeps guild members. He then tells you of the supposed bug which basically entails you putting your item in a wood crate and axing the crate now I havent fallen for this so not sure if this makes you destory your Crimmy or drop it on the ground. Just want to give everyone a heads up encase others dont know about this..

well if anyone trys it they deserve to loose it.. you would be attempting to use an exploit (regardless if it works or not). maybe in his/her screwed up mind its justifiable theft.

I pity the fool that replys with.. he got me 2 days ago=yeah i'd use an exploit to better my crimmy and lost it in the attempt.

i don't like scammers any more than cheaters but come on.. if you fall for this you fall into one of those categories.

That's funny. I had someone come up to me at the Brit bank a couple days ago with this same thing. He didn't ask me to put it in a crate. He said he was someone from my guild, and said he figured a way to add mods on Test Center.

I told him no, and he said "Come on."

I really thought it was the guild member.

I'm such a noob lol.

I'm glad I'm not a cheater though.

The rule is. Don't try to cheat, and don't trust anyone with anything valuable in game (especially strangers).

don't feel like a noob. this game plays into that. most good people are approachable in game and try to help fellow players out. i know i do and have come across many others on chessie as well. scammers know this and try to play on it.

i can't imagine a crimmy being beefed up anyway i mean its pretty godly already. i think the crimmy is sort of stupid though, i mean an apron with those types of modes. they should make the snakeskin boots with those mods and have an apron that gives u 2 pct poision buff. jmho.

Yeah I was surprised at how much people will pay for a crimmy. I just got lucky, and got one on my first few Melissa kills.

Plus, the reason I felt like a noob is because I had my guild title hidden at the time.

I didn't realize that you could go to UO, and look up my character and see which guild I am in.

That must have been how he did it. Now since I know this is a scam I'm going to tell my guild mate about this haha.

Yeah, some guy tried this with me some days ago, but he didn't say he was from my guild. Instead he tried the guess who I am game and pretended to be a friend I hadn't seen in a while. When I told him I didn't know him he said ohh this isn't my main char. He kept at me till I guessed a name then said wow how'd u guess lol. He then told me about the cool trick he learned and gave me an axe and laid a crate on the ground and told me to put my crimmy in it. Ijust laughed and walked off. But definetly we all need to remember if it sounds too good to be true it always is and cheaters never prosper.

That's funny. I had someone come up to me at the Brit bank a couple days ago with this same thing. He didn't ask me to put it in a crate. He said he was someone from my guild, and said he figured a way to add mods on Test Center.

I told him no, and he said "Come on."

I really thought it was the guild member.

I'm such a noob lol.

I'm glad I'm not a cheater though.

The rule is. Don't try to cheat, and don't trust anyone with anything valuable in game (especially strangers).

I'm a noob, I havn'e played more than 4 months. But even still, if this were to happen to me I would first verify his identity by checking my guild window and if he was a guild member then I would question his motives and wonder why he would be trying to get me to cheat. Granted, I am in a guild that so far everyone is really nice, they don't tolerate cheating and what not.

I don't think you're a noob for believing him that he was who he said he was, but why would a guild member ask you to cheat?

I'm a noob, I havn'e played more than 4 months. But even still, if this were to happen to me I would first verify his identity by checking my guild window and if he was a guild member then I would question his motives and wonder why he would be trying to get me to cheat. Granted, I am in a guild that so far everyone is really nice, they don't tolerate cheating and what not.

I don't think you're a noob for believing him that he was who he said he was, but why would a guild member ask you to cheat?

Truwen, I've only been in this guild for a month or so now. There are about 150 players (including alts). It's hard to know everyone within a month period. :)

Yeah, some guy tried this with me some days ago, but he didn't say he was from my guild. Instead he tried the guess who I am game and pretended to be a friend I hadn't seen in a while. When I told him I didn't know him he said ohh this isn't my main char. He kept at me till I guessed a name then said wow how'd u guess lol. He then told me about the cool trick he learned and gave me an axe and laid a crate on the ground and told me to put my crimmy in it. Ijust laughed and walked off. But definetly we all need to remember if it sounds too good to be true it always is and cheaters never prosper.

Are you from Atlantic?

If you are...thats Commodus/Legend/Some girl character who keeps trying that scam...hes a bum.