Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Trammel Housing

- - - - - housing trammel

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Gaelic

Gaelic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have a home on Ice island by deciet that i have marked private, but it seems all my best stuff keeps dissappearring, i recently lost 2 backpacks of stuff and i unlocked a box that had slayer spellbooks in it and when i did it was picked up from the floor, could it be p[ossible that someone has gained access to my home in Trammel and is stealing from me? Oh and i found a packing crate in my house with 6/9999 items and 15/999999999 stones that i have no idea how it got there, please help if you can

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Could be possible that someone is stealthing in behind you. Only a "friend" of the house would be able to logout inside the house and stay there. Next time, before you unlock anything, use the Detect Hidden skill.

House owners will be able to instantly reveal anyone hidden in their house, regardless of skill level, on the grounds that they know their house better than any stranger. Using the Detect Hidden skill inside your own house will not make your skill rise.

About the only thing I can think of with what you describe.

Also what just came to mind with the packing crate thing. Change your account password right away.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts

Change your account password right away.

And check for spyware and never share your password. Wipe your Friends and Co-Owners list just to be safe. Sometimes people get their account compromised and the first thing the thief does is hit all the spots in the runebook so it might actually be a friend's account that got haxed.

Sounds like a stealther to me.

Gaelic

Gaelic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks for your tips, i changed my password and tried detect hidden, no one showed up, even in trammel a stealther can follow you in and steal things?

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Yes, altho if your house was *already* set to Private they shouldnt have been able to get inside your house and pick something up. Make sure you mouse-over your house sign and that it says "This Is A Private Home"

Of course, if your house is open to the outside, like a patio, someone could stand next to the edge and grab something you unlock. They dont have to be able to get inside if they can reach it standing nearby it outside.

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
As far as the packing crate goes tho, only the owner can go into customize mode to make items go into packing crate. The numbers you describe are from the moving crate when you customize. I am wondering tho, if you have someone on this account as a co-owner. Change your password to your accts as fast as you can tho.

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
The only was someone can go IN a private house is if they are allowed in some way .... owner, co-owner, or friend.

Go to the signpost menu and go to the security section and view the friends and co-owners of your house.

There may be people listed there that you do not know ... from this menu you can clear out the ones you do not desire to have access to your home.

Lady Hester Tarian

Lady Hester Tarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

The only was someone can go IN a private house is if they are allowed in some way .... owner, co-owner, or friend.

I just want to remind people you can also simply "Grant Access" to a house if you do not want to friend the person. This could also be your suspected stealther. I'd clear that list also.

As far as the moving crate, a coowner can get it to move, done it on houses I've coowned myself. However, I have never been able to access the items in the moving crate, unless it was on the same account as the house holder.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gaelic

Gaelic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Any chance you guys think the customer support will give me my stuff back or should i just move on? They took 4 super slayer spellbooks that took me 1000's of attempts to get GRRRRR

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I would say 99.999% the answer will be no.

Sorry :(

ejpeters

ejpeters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Have you checked your packing crate?
A friend of mine found all of her missing items in her packing crate. She had the things locked down on her front porch and though they disappeared.

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
You definitely wont get them back from cust support or gm's not even worth the time of trying. Check those crates though they may be in there if your lucky. Definitely clear all your friends and coowners and grant access lists and just redo as needed. New passwords on your acct and email acct might help also. If your lucky it was just a mistake you made and they will turn up :)

uobuoy

uobuoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Also double-check the security on all your containers. Make sure it's set to "co-owner".

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: housing, trammel