Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

gold sink

- - - - - gold sink

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Arquestian

Arquestian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
[quote name='Rashad_FwD']actually, if applied right, it wouldnt affect the "have-nots" at all.. you dont make a gold sink something that's useful, you make it something thats useless, but at the same time desirable.. home decor, thats not essential.. yet desirable.. titles on paperdolls.. useless things.. and if the "have-nots" so desire to have one of said useless items, it gives them something to strive for....[/quote]

Things like decor items aren't necessary, however it doesn't help the community for UO to have even more items that some can never have and others have in abundance. One thing that is great, and horrible about UO is this. There are tons of things that were made available at different times in the game that are pretty much gone now unless you got it while the events happened. We don't need anymore of that.

[/quote]thats another form you could look at.. something that decays over time.. something non transferable.. something that noone can turn and make a profit off of... but again, i wouldnt suggest anything thats useful, or that gives the 'haves' and advantage over the 'have-nots'.. because thats rewarding the rich and punishing the poor..[/quote]

Unfortunately anything that doesn't give any advantage over anyone shouldn't decay at all, there is no point. I don't want to pay rent on items, I already do it to repair my armor and keep up my tradeskills which are virtually useless now.

Rashad_FwD

Rashad_FwD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Unfortunately anything that doesn't give any advantage over anyone shouldn't decay at all, there is no point. I don't want to pay rent on items, I already do it to repair my armor and keep up my tradeskills which are virtually useless now.

sorry, those were two separate ideas, decaying things.. and things that offer no advantage.. but now that i think about it, we can put it in terms of the floor covering idea from days of old.. it was suggested that you pay for the rug basically.. then it would decay over time due to traffic or whatever..

we're looking to take money out of the game, so taxes, up keep, rent, buying things from npcs that offer no game mechanical benifit are going to have to be some of the options.. or items of moderate mechanical value that are non transferable.. ie. extra stable slots.. extra bankbox space.. extra item capacity for backpacks (not weight capacity!)..

i dont want to get into a full blown debate over pixel crack vs. useful items to a character build or whatever.. but putting a value on a decoration and insisting that you must have it is like starting out with a log cabin and wanting a castle.. somethings will have to come with time and a considerable amount of luck.

but this is an enjoyable conversation, and in the ideas forum is where it needs to be.. now we just have to hope someone who's got something to do with implementing reads some of the threads in this forum.

Arquestian

Arquestian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Oh I don't mind having deco items for cash, I just personally wouldn't buy anything deco that I would have to continually pay for unless it was something like a stump or gem cart. And it would have to be worth the cost.

Rashad_FwD

Rashad_FwD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
its funny though, how the system works.. the things that would make good gold sinks are usually free/rewards for account age, and 9 times out of 10 they're transferable.. so money just changes hands and never goes away..
(unless its boxes of 1mil checks in your house when you get caught duping ;) )

Arquestian

Arquestian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Yeah, it would be better if they just offered some more housing tiles that you could "learn" to use by paying an NPC Architect, or even selling infinate regs would help a bit. People would buy regs, scrolls, potion bottles in bulk and use up some of the cash in the game.

Also if they would get smart and offer a site like some of the ones that let you search through Luna Vendors and offer it to everyone in the game instead of those few in Luna, it would go a long way to helping the economy. As it stands at least on my server, Luna vendors control the market and do about 90% of the sales on the server.

Ooh and yes Additional stable slots would be great if we could buy those or even rent them when they are needed.

And one other thing I would love to see as a tamer is the ability to buy another control slot. I know lots of people who are unknowledgable about taming will scream, but the biggest drawback of taming is not being able to ride all your pets. When I take out my Greater Dragon I am stuck running which basically makes me defenseless if something comes running at me as I am a full support template for my pets. Yes Greater Dragons are powerful but tamers aren't the ones most often soloing peerless...

At least if nothing else stop making ethys count as pets, they aren't and shouldn't.

Rashad_FwD

Rashad_FwD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

At least if nothing else stop making ethys count as pets, they aren't and shouldn't.

Agreed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gold, sink