Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Advanced Mage PVP gear discussion

- - - - - advanced discussion gear mage pvp

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

asm0deus

asm0deus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Well I just found and bought inquis and now trying to build suit around that. are you saying its a waste due to disarm?

Abyss

Abyss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
no with Wrestling you have the disarm special and that will help you stay alive alot of times. Putting the points in parry means you have to get at least 80 dex to not get a penalty to parry and that almost kills your mana pool.

asm0deus

asm0deus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Well after I found the inquis I re-did my suit a bit and picked up some more pieces. I'm at:
max resist
39 LMC
5 MR
96 LRC (I guess ill wear arcane for now)
35 DCI without shield (50 with).
1 hand, -21 mage wep, 0dci, no negitive FC
2fc6fcr
DCI without shield is alittle low but until I get a 1hander mage wep with some I guess its going to stay that way ;p

Abyss

Abyss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Don't you have wrestling?
Or are you going Necro mage?

Abyss

Abyss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Cause if you have wrestling drop the weapon pick up the Clanin's Spellbook gets you 3 more Mana Regen and 15 LRC.

asm0deus

asm0deus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Well with inquis they say necro mage is way to go. If I dont go necro / mage I would not use the inquis and go back wrestle mage with inscribe.

I just spent a crapload of gold on inquis so I would like to use it =)

Abyss

Abyss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
To be honest. Either template is quite effective. For the Necro template to work well you need a good SC Mage Weapon with no -1. With the Inquis the suit will be awesome for either. Necro is a more offensive minded template where with Scribe Mage you are more balanced between offense and defense.
I personally have both :). With Wrestling for Disarm<---this is the big difference between the temps, you can live a lot longer from Dexxers. With both you can chug pots which is awesome and the inquis is a big part of either. You were saying you had LRC problems earlier, so going with the scribe mage may be better for you. Cause trust me, arcane always...and I MEAN ALWAYS! Runs out at the wrong time. And missing a recall or heal with 4 or 5 on you is never fun.

In essence your suit would be awesome like this.
Weapon- Clainin's Spellbook
Head: Folded Steel Reading Glasses
Neck: Gorget with LRC and MR 2 and high resists
Chest: AoF
Arms: Nice Barbed Sleeves with LRC and LMC high resists
Gloves: Inquis's
Bracelet: Orny
Ring: Crystalline
Legs: High Resist MR 1 with LRC
Boots: Snake Skins
Tally: Totem of the Void
Back: Quiver of Infinity

BlackJack of Serps

BlackJack of Serps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
you guys keep saying nystul's spellbook? i wasn't aware he had a named book out there. Are you meaning Clainin's spellbook? I think so...

Abyss

Abyss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
ROFL. I'm an idiot. I'll edit my posts so not to confuse.

Guest_skin tone_*

Guest_skin tone_*
  • Guests
I've got a weapon for sale on LS... My ICQ is 213 860 896 or you can PM me on tradespot (knockternal)

Lance-
SC no pen
-20 mage weap
26 luck
9 dci

Phix

Phix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
If you have inquis all you need is a fc 1 15+ magery ring and than use the magery totem (also gives Enhance pots). You can than use a 1 handed -1 pen magery weapon with dci (they are all over). This would allow you to still chug.

Depending on the depth of your suit and the MR you can go necro/mage or necro/scribe/mage or necro/poison mage. Necro is basically the way to go on a mage. DCI is important but I wouldn't say its the most important thing on a necro/mage because of blood oath. If you are using AOF and a Quiver than you should be at 20 dci right there.

Wrestling on a mage is good if you are chugging but if you are in it for disarm or para blow, good luck. Why try disarming a dexer when you can be dumping on them? If you are a necro/mage, wrestling is a waste because you should be blood oathing than dumping/healing through whatever happens.

The only mage i would have wrestling on would be a tamer because you would want to dismount people with bolas and not lose all of your defense when you disarm.

Personally on my red mage/necro I have inscribe. Cures, corpse + inscribe is nasty. If someone doesnt have resists and lower than 70 fire resist on thier suit, I can explosion flamestrike pain spike them, they are dead. Some people have a ton of life and thats not always the case but I would say i 1/8 life most people with my necro/inscribe/mage when dumping.

Hope this helped, pm if you have ?'s

P.S. you can substitute fc1 on a ring with a arcane shield and gain 15 dci. You wont be able to chug as easily but i ran this for a bit.

To truly understand something, change it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: advanced, discussion, gear, mage, pvp