Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Q to devs or whoever about Selling clothing on vendor paperdoll

- - - - - clothing devs paperdoll selling vendor

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Moonstar

Moonstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
For the longest time after the new vendors came.. I've off and on sold the clothing the vendor was wearing.. well i put it for sale.. rarely sold it hehe, Anywho .. if you put the item in the vendor's bag and give it a price, you can then put it on the vendor to wear.
Noone ever told me there was something wrong with this until today.
I was setting up a new vendor and my friend sees her dress she's wearing for sale and he tells me i better take it off or a gm will kick my butt.
At some time .. he had a vendor.. with items for sale being worn and a GM told him he cant do that and gave his account a bad mark.

If they weren't intended to be able to wear clothing for sale.. then why can they? And instead of surprising people with bad marks on their accounts because of something you never told us was not allowed.. How about you fix the problem and keep it from happening in the first place? They've been around for quite some time.. there's been plenty of time to either fix it or let us know it was a mistake and not to do it .

Is this really a problem? or was that just one GM who had a bad day ?
  • IronHorse likes this

Jester814

Jester814

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Welcome to the idiotic world of online gaming. Where you don't know you're doing something wrong till you have to ask "Why can't I log into my account?"

Moonstar

Moonstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
lol

I think they must have a secret rule book . They can read it but won't let us know till they're disciplining us for it.

Mags

Mags

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
I thought this worked as intended. I can not find anywhere on UO.com or support that says this is against the rules. everything else was outdated vendor info...so very good question indeed.
Why hate and destroy when you can love and enjoy.

IronHorse

IronHorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
WoW i never even knew it was possible
-IronHorse
GM Forge of Virtue
Governor of Trinsic

Ceridwen

Ceridwen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
It's possible all right, and it happened accidently to a friend....
He dressed his vendors, and somehow it happened that the virtue armour pieces first were in the vendor pack (prolly dropped em by mistake) and then on the vendor... priced at less than 100gp a piece because the vendor does that with new items in his backpack... :(
Was very lucky though, a customer noticed, bought up the armour and contacted him over icq so he could pick up the armour. :)

And Moonstar is correct, it's an exploit since you don't have to pay the fees for clothing worn on the vendor, if I'm not mistaken. (at least that's how it used to be)
When it comes to running, some are just legendary at birth, and others never learn, I'm sorry to say. - Lady Hester Tarian

Being legendary in running doesn't always help someone like me who is also legendary in dying.

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
Moonstar,

it is bad programming. If you place an item on your vendors paperdoll and price it (lets say a million+ gold atrifact) this price in not charged in the part of the vendor program when it calculates how much the vendor charges per UO day for standing around with the items.

If I recall correctly, at first it was deemed okay, then it was not okay, then you were allowed to sell again. It seems once again it is now illegal or most likely just a complete new batch of gms have been hired by Mythic and they do not know all the rules, so whenever anything is referred up the chain of command, we just get the NO, it is illegal answer. Since UO no longer has gms sololy for UO (they also monitor DAoC and will most likely police WAR when released) customer service has declined even more, imo.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
There are similar issues with stackables, although, I won't address that here, I guess. Maybe if someone snooped you, they could buy from your bag, lol. I'm sort of curious to try it out lol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clothing, devs, paperdoll, selling, vendor