Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

**More calls for explanations from EA** A Thought on the Possibly Unjust Account Bans

- - - - - account bans calls ea explanations possibly thought unjust

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Arquestian

Arquestian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
I generally try to buy as often as I can from vendors outside of Luna mostly because I think Luna destroys the economy. If you don't have a Luna house your sales tend to go down unless you have old regular customers. And then people who own multiple houses inside Luna for no real reason offer to sell them for $450.00 which I can't imagine anyone stupid enough to pay that.

However I am no longer even trusting people outside or inside Luna. I don't even know if I can trust the people I know anymore. It is just further destroying the community by not giving specifics and allowing people to dispute EA's claims.

I talked some friends into playing before I heard about all this happening...now I feel guilty. I also have 6 other friends who are interested in playing but I have told them "you don't want to play UO, trust me, it's a mess right now". And I will continue to discourage players from joining until it is resolved.

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

I talked some friends into playing before I heard about all this happening...now I feel guilty. I also have 6 other friends who are interested in playing but I have told them "you don't want to play UO, trust me, it's a mess right now". And I will continue to discourage players from joining until it is resolved.

Personally I think you most people are over re-acting to this banning. Unless you are a broker, or buy certain high end items in BULK you have nothing to worry about. Certainly a new player will have relatively nothing to worry about in that respect.

Discouraging people from playing UO is never a good thing. This player base needs to expand. Instead of discouraging, couldn't you just warn them? Let them play and decide for themselves.

Nydon

Nydon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
i must agree with Elfy 100% , its was bad what happened , but would not affect a new player at all . if the player base does go on the rise , that will be more encouragement to improve . IMHO .
Posted Image

Check out my wife's ebay please......lots of great stuff.....
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/pj301972

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: account, bans, calls, ea, explanations, possibly, thought, unjust