Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Vote on template please

- - - - - template vote

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
For PVM what do you think is best template?

The samurai
The tamer with a rune beetle and a nightmare
The spellweaving mage
The necro-mage
The archer
The tamer with a greater

Master Snow

Master Snow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Well.....
If I wasnt allowed to say "it depends on the situation"..... :P

Tamer with a greater dragon in tow, unsuprisingly. The damage output and the staying power ..you can solo just about anything (short of peerless)

And if you are doing peerless, and you arent a tamer, you'd expect at least one dragon there to back you up usually...

Yea all you baddass out there will say "yea I can do that on my super duper necro/archer/whatever.. But, well, tamers can do in two key presses, what takes you a lot more concentration and tactics....

And if my tamer cant take it down, its probably a job for my ABC warrior (thats Archery/Bushido/Chiv)
Fortune Favors the Bold

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Gotta agree with Master Snow, Pets (See: Tamers) can do it all with the most ease (less thinking/clicking/button pushing).

Each template is different, and can be powerful in their own ways. The question "For PVM what do you think is best template?" is definately "it depends on the situation" or "depends on what you want to do"type question.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Osiris

Osiris

Tamer of Souls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Tamers have their own issues to deal with lol. It is harder to fit 120 magic resist on tamer templates. If you are a mage tamer and cast protection you end up with lower resists. Then you have to vet your pet to keep it alive and also manage to stay alive yourself. Taming is probably the hardest skill in the game to raise. Yeah, you can use +35 in taming bonuses from jewels and talis, then again you are restricted to using them. Though, it is very fun to play a tamer.

Bushido or Chiv Warrior is a bit easier to raise and have fun with.

I love my Chiv Archer, can hold his own against Greaters.

Necro Mage & Mage Spell weaver are great templates too, just need to master and manage your macros and spells.

"Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical."
Blaise Pascal

rmjcsr

rmjcsr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
The tamer/mage with a greater dragon and sorcerers suit is the way to go in my opinion.70 resists 100 lrc you can pretty much survive in most places while vetting and casting greater heal.Although I like my cu also as i can stay mounted and run when needed.

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
#1) A well fitted Samurai-Necro with a wep that has Whirlwind (not Frenzied Whirlwind) is fairly amazing at taking out low-medium level mobs. The harder the mobs, the harder it gets to play the character.
However, with magic resist on the template, a well fitted Samurai-Necro can outlast a tamer against a Dark Father, at times.

#2) Greater Dragon Tamers boast the ability of up to 85 physical and 90 fire resist on their pet, which can pretty much tank anything in game. It's possible, with enough healers, to finish anything in game with one of these, and they are used exclusively for all types of peerless, the harrower, and have emerged as a Yew Gate specialty.

#3) Four-Way Tie: Supporting Roles
The archer does the most damage of the four support roles listed here, but if anything attacks the archer, the archer runs away like a silly head, and everyone gets mad at the archer :(. Archers prefer targets that do not move. As far as the support role goes, archers are capable of doing the most damage, depending on whether a slayer can be used.

The Rune Beetle/Mare Tamer is a support set best for a large group so the tamer's pets are not the primary focus. Rune Beetles and Mares die way too fast in both PvM and PvP.

The necro-mage's best spells are usually Fireball and Wither, which require the target be locked by Earth Eles or Energy Vortices. Necro-mages are a pack template, and operate best in groups ;P, but if a tamer or samurai is tanking, a necro-mage can apply a lot of damage.

The spellweaving mage is useful at getting the WOD in at the end, and really relies on this WOD to get looting rights. Without other people around, the spellweaving mage is rather useless, although the ability to find humanoid pets is always intriguing.

Master Snow

Master Snow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Tamers with magic resist? Uh, if you are a tamer, and you are getting hit, you are doing something wrong.
Fortune Favors the Bold

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

Tamers with magic resist? Uh, if you are a tamer, and you are getting hit, you are doing something EXTREMELY wrong.

Fixed.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

uobuoy

uobuoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
I vote for any Tamer with with Disco and maybe Peace.

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts

For PVM what do you think is best template?

The samurai
The tamer with a rune beetle and a nightmare
The spellweaving mage
The necro-mage
The archer
The tamer with a greater

Before they nerf spellweaving I would have said spellweaving, necro casting, flame striking mage. But since they nerf spellweaving I would have to say a tamer with a greater dragon. A guildie of mine can take her greater dragon to doom and farm arties like crazy.

Degerdi

Degerdi

Waiting to steal your monacle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
i vote the Necro-Warrior... i know its not on the list but i have died countless times to these guys and am trying to make one of my own now
Curses! Who stole my monacle? :mycry:

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
The best template for PvM is something that you feel comfortable playing, with which you believe yourself to be effective up to whatever your own expectations are.

-Galen's player

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Indeed Galen, I agree. The best template to me is the one you have most fun with heh.

Altho, I am biased since I am a tamer lol.
As for the protection spell, it only lowers physical resist. Add a vet reward cloak and robe, and that helps some. Also, as said above, if I am getting hit, I am screwing up somewhere.

My second favorite char is my paladin swordswoman for PvM. She can deal out some damage with EoO.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
My best PvM template is below:

Taming
Lore
Vet
Music
Peace
DISCORD
Magery

Discord + greater dragon = gg

Greater Dragons + Mage Healers w/FC/FCR = dead peerless

~M

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
Adding discord right now!

Golem Mechanic

Golem Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

The best template for PvM is something that you feel comfortable playing, with which you believe yourself to be effective up to whatever your own expectations are.

-Galen's player

Thats the best answer you'll get for this question, period. Wonderfully spoken- Thanks Galen!
"The woods is lovelies n' deep n' dark n' I got many catnips to eat and hours to nap before I sleep and hours to nap before I sleep"

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

-Galen's player

You're one of those self-help book people, aren't ya? lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: template, vote