Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

My Skill Gain Since Pub 39

- - - - - 39 gain pub skill

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

That was so not pretty. 1 1/2 hours on gorgets and only gained .8 :( I switched to the plate hiro sodes and I've gained .2 in 5 mins. *sigh*

Good to hear, I think I went higher than 115 of hiro sades, I can't remember, or maybe they took me to legendary... as long as you have a chance to make it exceptionally under 75% (without talisman on) it should give decent gains.

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
I actually think you need to have it under 100% normal making to be able to gain off the item.
Around 85-90% is the best to gain off of.

From 114 I did Ornate Axes to about 115, now I am doing Royal Circlets(OMG I didn't know these existed). 6 Ingots, 70.0 Difficulty and smelt back 4 ingots. I am getting some really good gains. Went from 115.0 to 115.7 in a half hour.
There are no stupid questions......only stupid people!

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Ah, that's it, before ML I did hiro sades, after did the circlets, and you can still gain on anything as long as you are not at 100% at exceptional.

Gwenyth

Gwenyth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
I did read about the circlets and would LOVE to try them, but the account I'm working on isn't upgraded to ML yet :( I just don't want to invest another $30 into that account since I'm really not even sure we are gonna keep it active. We're gonna see how these upgoing changes turn out before making a final decision. My hubby and I both have our own accounts and this is an extra that we are sharing at the moment.
Posted Image

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
Well I am not sure if this is an option you want to take, but if you want to upgrade your account to ML I know someone who sells ML codes for 4.5 Mil per(they use to be 3.5 grrr, so I couldn't get my last one).
If you do want this persons ICQ feel free to PM me.
I have used them before for a upgrade code and I had no problems.

But I am now at 117.3 from 115.2 doing circlets and only have used about 5k of iron ingots.

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Ah, that's it, before ML I did hiro sades, after did the circlets, and you can still gain on anything as long as you are not at 100% at exceptional.

hmmmmm most interesting.....

Gwenyth

Gwenyth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
Ok, I went back to my magery/eval/med training today for an hour and wanted to post my results again. This time I also trained peacemaking for about 45 mins, then I ran out of instruments in my bag.
Anyway here are my gains:
Meditation start - 98.3, end - 100.0, gain +1.7
Peacing start - 94.1, end - 95.6, gain +1.5
Magery start - 86.5, end - 89.1, gain +2.6
Eval Int start - 82.0, end - 84.1, gain +2.1

Still not bad. I was standing in place out on a boat for the entire hour.
Posted Image

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
I find this thread very helpful and informative. Thank you all for the efforts!! :)

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I think this type of information should be easily find so any time I can throw a bone out about skills/tactics/anything I know about UO I'll throw it.

Training Detect Hidden:

Start 80.3 - 99.7
Training in my tower, on paragon demon, blood ele, and miasma chests standing still with a painstakingly made UOA macro, looks like...

1. use skill/cast spell (detect hidden)
2. target (chest)
3. wait 10500

repeat for as many chests as I have (about 27) and just sitting and replaying the macro, probly accumulative of 6-7 hours over a few days.

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
well I went from 114.3 to 120 in 3 or 4 days and less than 14k of ingots used. I would say thats pretty good gains.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 39, gain, pub, skill