Speedman follows his original post
Today, 04:49 PM
Examples of a exploit,
- Speed Hacking/Teleporting/Subterrain Travel - If character position in an MMORPG is determined by the client side (usually not the case), it is possible for players to send out artificial positional data and be instantly transported to any part of the world or used to speed up traveling speed by increasing positional deltas.
- Holes - Some games may contain accidental holes in the map, allowing the player to get under the map. Holes are mostly harmless, although some use them in player vs. player situations to sneak around and get behind their opponent. (Doubtfully in Ultima Online)
- Botting - A player who runs a third party program to control their character. The bot will kill monsters, loot money, mine ore, collect herbs or gain levels automatically without the player having to be in front of the computer. (Also known as scripts)
- Duping - Duplicating, or replicating items or money.
-Game Mechanics Exploits / Bug Exploits - There are also other exploits involving the physics of the game, sometimes in conjunction with items. This includes using wall-walking to get into unfinished areas or abilities to make one's character unattackable by mobs or other players and sometimes are able to attack back.
- Data Mining - This is typically most common around the time that a patch is released on the public test realm of World of Warcraft. Players will try to access files not yet in game and then host them on websites to expose content not yet released (usually new zones, items, and graphics).
Joshua "Speedman" Kriegshauser