Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Shard consolidation? Move to Siege instead.

- - - - - consolidation move shard siege

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

uothief.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
People keep bringing it up. I'm for it. Many other people are against it. I couldn't figure it out before. Aside from the housing issue, most of the people against it say, "I don't want to be forced to play in cramped areas." I think I figured it out now.

Here's a reply I posted in one of the stratics threads:

There's really no point in consolidating shards for Trammel players. If you are a Feluccan player, I suggest you move to Siege.

Trammel players in general do not need other players to play the game. Bumping into other people can be positive, but when there is limited space for a particular activity, sometimes it can be a burden. I sometimes think many Trammel players would like it if the entire Sosaria were instanced the moment they left the bank and select other places. They could do whatever they wanted whenever they wanted and still have a common place to congregate and to buy and sell their wares.

If you are interested in consolidating shards at all, I suggest you move to Siege. It's great. Otherwise, it's kind of a dead issue.

This isn't directed at murderers and reds only. There is a huge blue guild on the shard that (obviously) loves the Feluccan play style. And yes, the "Feluccan play style" is more than just endless murdering.

It's all about play styles.

It's so obvious to me that more people = better. It's also obvious to others that I'm out of my mind when I say that. I've come to the conclusion that if you think consolidating shards is a good idea, you most likely share the same play style as many other people on Siege.

Am I right? Tell me where I went wrong.

:grouphug:

Ceridwen

Ceridwen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
To be honest, I see Drachenfels as my "home".... going on other shards is about the same to me as going to Test Center - just doesn't feel real or right to me...
I don't care if areas are cramped or not, I chose to play on Drachenfels, I know most people there in some way or another, and I wouldn't want to move simply because some... other players (was going to write idiots, but not all are and I wouldn't claim you to be one either, since I don't know you) who don't see it that way.

But hey, if you want our dupers to come to Siege, feel free to take em. At least we'd get rid of some of the drama of the "Drachenfels soap box".
Although many have left if I think about it, since Europa is the "more populated" shard which translates into "more popular", or Atlantic for the trading (usually was the people who only play to earn money with it)....

Ah well, considering how much they did because of U Hall whiners, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually deleted a shard or two (or more)....

Guess I should say it's late and I already had a beer now, huh? :D
When it comes to running, some are just legendary at birth, and others never learn, I'm sorry to say. - Lady Hester Tarian

Being legendary in running doesn't always help someone like me who is also legendary in dying.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

uothief.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

But hey, if you want our dupers to come to Siege, feel free to take em.

Errr... you can keep them.

Guess I should say it's late and I already had a beer now, huh? :D

I want one. :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: consolidation, move, shard, siege