Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

New forum info "my opinion only"

- - - - - forum info my opinion only

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
I am new to the UO Forums. From day one i check forums more than i check my email. I absolutely love this site. But, and there is always a but, I noticed today the gazillion news threads. My internet home page is Cnn.com, and to be frank, i am not sure they belong on an Ultima Online Forums site. This is an opinion i am sure not many will share, but when u are looking for UO info, and have to go thru 3 pages of "news", well I found it quite disheartening. I have the opinion that if people want to read the news, let them look at CNN.com or their news page of interest and leave this forum to UO.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hence you have the option to block any forum you don't want either (A) Showing up, or (B) showing in the unread post count.

http://www.uoforums....?do=editoptions

Bottom of the page.
  • Calell likes this

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
Some of us do not like going to those sites, and actually prefer the reuters articles as they tend to be the oddest of the odd cases sometimes...Normally the Oracle isn't as bad, you're using today's fluke as a basis instead of the exception...But Adam gave sound advice :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yea she did get abit "hypo" today
It's because I switched news feeds
I've changed to a different one now and it'll only update every..er.....I think it was every hour.

chargar42

chargar42

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
sweet tytytyty..didnt know i could block.

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
Heh the Oracle does get a little post happy sometimes, however for me I barely have time to jump on here let alone news sites while I'm at work so I find the posts sometimes very informative!

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
True, plus, at work I can get away with visiting gaming forums, it looks like I'm 'working'...if I'm on news sites it's obvious that I'm looking beyond the scope of my job description and is a nono hehe ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Hi Chargar,

It is a lot of posts for a RSS news import, but like others have said... it has it purpose and can be blocked (for those that don't want to see it).

There is quite a bit of RSS news around UOF... several of the game forums (AOC, LOTRO, WoW, and others as they are added). Of course the World News, and as of today the Tech News from ExtremeTech. UOF, which is Ultimate Online Forums (name change was quite a while back), is transitioning from a UO exclusive forum to an all-inclusive gaming forum specializing in MMOs of all flavors... just one that has it's origins in Ultima Online (similar to UOS).

All this is good for UOF too. Higher rankings, higher visibility, and more users over the long haul. It's all good. :)

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I think we upset the oracle, I notice she/he/it hasn't posted any news at all today
Hehe

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
LOL take her off your ignore list Ad!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ah there we go
I gave her a cookie.

chargar42

chargar42

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
I am so sorry..Didnt wanna upset anyone. That's why i put in title, My opinion only. I did change my options and thats why i thought I was seeing any. I apologize if I overstepped any boundaries.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
You didn't, Chargar.
People just don't realise they have the option to block any forum they don't want to read, or get new posts from.
Although I have added a uoforums tips page to my sig, which explains how to do it.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
But I might switch it to a breaking news type feed, as opposed to every story around the world, as it does get abit silly. heh

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Don't worry about hurting Oracle's feelings... she is a bot. :P
I kinda like the news from all over the world thing sometimes. It lets me know what else is going on out there heh. Except for when you feed the oracle crack, and she goes into a spam fest lol.

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
yeah...she gets overhappy sometimes...I don't think it's crack Adri, I think it's the other pink meat...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Switched it to a less spammy feed.

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Hey Chargar,

No harm in asking! :) Questioning is good.

Now if only we can get The Oracle banned from the Top Posters listings! So Dip and Snuggs can regain their rightful titles! ;) =)

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

chargar42

chargar42

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
Roflmao!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: forum, info, my opinion only