Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Need Help on Dexer for PVM

- - - - - dexer pvm

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Cross

Cross

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Well I had stoned My necro and SS skills for year or so. But latetly I been thinking of dusting them off and building me up a Dexer. Just for PVM. So far I got:

Necro: 115
SS: 110
Resist: 90 (Its what i got on my ABC and works fine for my purpose)
Now Im thinking:
Fencing 115
Anat 115
Tacts 115
I have 60 points left what should I use them on?

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Chivalry would be a good choice, but you would have to work to keep your karma up. When I had a similar template, I was constantly illustrious, even using necromancy.

Focus may be nice, but with wraith form and a hit stamina leech weapon, isn't really needed.

If you drop anatomy and tactics to 100, you could include healing or bushido as well.

My personal choice would be chivalry. Enemy of one and consecrate weapon are great tools to have available.

LemonSqueeze

LemonSqueeze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
Just a question.. what would you be using the necro spells for? I find the only viable spells in a necro book for a dexxer are wraith form, curse weapon, and vamparic embrace.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Strangle is also a great weapon to use for ongoing damage.

In a crowd, wither uses practically no mana.

Pain spike is a good finisher or a follow-up of strangle to reduce the target's stamina. I used it so I can keep fighting the other monsters (I hunted in the citadel a lot) while still attacking those who run away.

Corpse skin combined with consecrate weapon is great for low fire resist enemies (i.e. arctic ogre lords).

Evil omen is always handy, but not as handy as if you had a mage. However, in a team situation, with you and a non necro mage, the combination of EO/mage spell from him can be devistating.

Use a wolf familiar to add 2 bake kitsune to your arsenal for increased damage (but healing them can be a problem if you don't have FC/FCR) or a wisp familiar to increase mana regeneration.

If you choose to fight no mana opponents, like rotting corpses, lich form is better than the other forms, as you can still use curse weapon for your heals.

LemonSqueeze

LemonSqueeze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
:( The only problem I have with all of those spells.. is while you're casting them.. you aren't hitting the mob...

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
115 tactics and 115 anatomy are fairly pointless, the increase in effectiveness after 100 is negligable. For anatomy, you could easily get away with just 90.

115 necromancy is overshooting a little bit too, with 110 you won't ever fail strangle, the only spells you'll fail on occasionally are Vengeful Spirit and Vamp Embrace, which aren't such a big deal.

If you can afford it, go straight to 120 Fencing.

Posted Image

Rashad_FwD

Rashad_FwD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
100% in agreement with the 120 fencing..
i did the nox/necro/fencing thing.. it was 'ok'..
my template has evolved alot since then..
if you go the necro fence, try to find a way to work in about 90 poisoning.. you'll like it..

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
A lot of people are talking about the so-called "Sampire."

This is a Samurai-Necromancer who mostly fights in Vampire form.

Even if they nerf it, which at some point they likely will I suppose, I suspect it'll remain useful and maybe even powerful.

Not certain....But I think the template is something like:

* Swords (or in your case Fencing)
* Tactics
* Necromancy
* Spirit Speak
* Bushido
* Parry
* Focus.

Personally I am increasingly intrigued by the nox-necro-dexerthat someone else suggested, or at least some kind of necro-dexer, as a full-time Doom character.

My previous full-time Doom character, a parry-paladin, ended up being given another task.

Basically, my impression is that with a necro-dexer of any kind, the only thing that really has to be over 100 is your primary weapon skill.

-Galen's player

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
If you're talking about sampire, that's a different beast entirely.

When you include spirit speak, the best bet is usually to use wraith form and take advantage of double or triple leeching (depending on your weapon's leeches) from the form and curse weapon. That would make you a wraith/samurai (assuming you had bushido) or a whammy. That's a powerful template in itself, but involves a lot more player interaction and can't do a few things that the samurai vampire can do with his eyes shut and one hand behind his back.

But the sampire (done most effectively) really takes advantage of the game mechanics and a lot of people frown on that sort of thing.

I've never tried the nox thing. Maybe I'll do that sometime.

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

If you're talking about sampire, that's a different beast entirely.

When you include spirit speak, the best bet is usually to use wraith form and take advantage of double or triple leeching (depending on your weapon's leeches) from the form and curse weapon. That would make you a wraith/samurai (assuming you had bushido) or a whammy. That's a powerful template in itself, but involves a lot more player interaction and can't do a few things that the samurai vampire can do with his eyes shut and one hand behind his back.

But the sampire (done most effectively) really takes advantage of the game mechanics and a lot of people frown on that sort of thing.

I've never tried the nox thing. Maybe I'll do that sometime.

So what is the "Sampire" template then? A Samurai that's used necromancy to get into Vampire form and then soul-stoned it off, or something exploit-ish like that?

-Galen's player

Aeryr Silverleaf

Aeryr Silverleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

So what is the "Sampire" template then? A Samurai that's used necromancy to get into Vampire form and then soul-stoned it off, or something exploit-ish like that?

-Galen's player

Not sure on the total templete for a Sampire but a Sampire is someone that only has Necro at 35 then uses Jewelry, the necro book you got from the hertiage token and the bloodwood totem with necro and the midnight bracers to raise there necro to 99 once they do that they cast vampric embrace then can keep that on till there kill while also taking all those items off and putting on a better suit I think.. the only two things I nkow about the templete wise is they normally have there weapons skill at 120 and bushido at 120.

Cross

Cross

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

100% in agreement with the 120 fencing..
i did the nox/necro/fencing thing.. it was 'ok'..
my template has evolved alot since then..
if you go the necro fence, try to find a way to work in about 90 poisoning.. you'll like it..

Why 90 poisoning? What would be chance of getting it 1 level higher?

Rashad_FwD

Rashad_FwD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Why 90 poisoning? What would be chance of getting it 1 level higher?

90 gives you deadly poison.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dexer, pvm