Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Taming Gains Question

- - - - - gains question taming

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

uobuoy

uobuoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
To train Bard skills you stop Music at 100 for faster gains.

Is it the same for Taming...stop Lore at 100 for better gains?

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
if u want a greater dragon your lore needs to be higher than 100 if possible. with me i got point one gain to reach gm and higher in taming each day, that was it.

Pennywise

Pennywise

Crumbpicker, dat der Renaissance Manz of da Werlds!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
I seem to remember that to be true.

To make it worthwhile after you reach GM, sign in each day, go tame a unicorn up there near Griswalds in the far north of Malas, get your point, then gate the animal to the Moonglow Zoo and turn it in for reward points. Takes a couple of minutes and then you are off. Once you get to Legendary you have a good stack of points stored away at the zoo.

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
thats exactly how to do it. takes forever, but its worth it.

Evolus

Evolus

Worst Tamer Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
What rewards do you get from the zoo for donating?

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
That's what I did. Actually, I would tame 20 uni's twice per day, and even with close to max skills I sometimes got .2 in gains per day. When I went Legendary, I had, if I remember correctly, something like 280k points. I took a title (Honored Zoo Contributor). There are reward statuettes, armor, titles, and several other rewards, all based on your level of contribution. Just go to the zoo, hit the chest right by the entrance, and look at the rewards to get an idea of what you might want. I found this to be the best way to do it, and the day I hit Legendary taming was one of the most satisfying in my entire time playing UO.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gains, question, taming