Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Spring cleaning armor sets - are they worth?

- - - - - armor cleaning sets spring worth

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

antiochian

antiochian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
I have seen one complete set on sale for 39 million gold.

One set of armor is 600.000 points. These points are on sale for around 75 gold. Which makes an armor set value ~45 million gold.

Does anybody buy these??

Are these worth to take? Well all 70 resists with 100 LRC is nice, but my tailor just crafted 100 LRC leather set with average 65 resists and some nice MR, LMC, with a horned runic and some barbed leather.

I have 800.000 points to spend, can't decide..

Ash

Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
Points are way over priced, especially with how many people are farming the current event for hundreds of thousands of points.

As to the suit, if don't have anything better then yes, it all depends on what you have. I have one really nice suit that sadly all my chars share pieces of. So when I wanted to park a necro in doom, I got him the sorc set and it has been working out for him. The MR and LMC is crappy, but necros are excellent for mana regen from other areas so hasn't been an issue. I just got the jewelry set to toss on him when I pull him out of Doom, so he will wear the sorc set, jewelry set, totem of the void and have hand free for slayer spellbooks. Haven't decided on permanent shield, right now just using the Shield of Invulnerability and quiver of infinity for some DCI.

I had points for a 2nd suit but passed on them, one for the necro is all I need.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Points are now at 30gp/per or less on several shards. Just wandering around Luna, looking at the runes on the ground will find something much more reasonably priced.

However, I recommend farming the points yourself with the current round of Melissa/Casca points.

~M

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
http://vboards.strat...ead.php?t=90999

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Can't go to stratics from work...exactly where does that link go?

~M

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Can't go to stratics from work...exactly where does that link go?

~M

A thread I did where I asked the same question, and got some cool responses from people.

The Sorcerer Suit seems popular for PvM characters. People talked about what they used with it. The Crystalline Ring, the Luck Jewelry set, and the Totem of the Void all seem popular.

I have been pleasantly surprised by how well the Sorcerer Suit, at least, has been received by the players.

And it doesn't look like half the obscenity I had feared it'd be.

-Galen's player

dragonsbane

dragonsbane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
I have all 3 suits now and the ring set. I have 2 accounts and put all my charactors thru plus some cross shard trading and a little monster killing for power crystals to trade in for points. I found for me, my tamer uses the ring set. I put the sorcers armor set on my treasure hunter. I put the scout armor on my Necro/fencer that im building and i put the Knights armor on my swordsman.

The one downside to the armor sets for me is if you have other high end armor with DCI, HCI or other attributes the suits don't have as much as a suit you can put together. This was the sole reason i don't use the sorcer's suit on my mage, I have a suit i put together will medium protection but it has a 175 mana pool, 10 mana regen, 5 hit point regen along with other higher numbes. I would rather have this than more protection than the sorcer's suit provides.
So i would say if you have other armor peices you may be better off putting a suit together. If you don't the suits are great.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Concur with Dragonsbane:

My primary mage suit is built from artifacts and awesome enhanced or horned-kit pieces. It is *almost* all 70s and gets me up to 175 mana with 100%lrc, 40% lmc, 2/6, MR 14 and 27%ish SDI. However, it would be nearly impossible and quite costly to reproduce.

The sorcerer's suit is very nice for auxillary characters (like my alternate anti-Travesty mage) or for treasure hunters or my soon-to-return-to-Doom bard spellweaver.

The scout suit is bleh, but I got one anyway. I'm also going to grab the Knight's Armor - but both of these are for collectibility purposes only.

I'd really like a second & third sorcerer's suit, but I don't see how I'm going to score another 1.2 million points on the cheap.

~M

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: armor, cleaning, sets, spring, worth