Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Camping Melissa for days now....

- - - - - camping days melissa

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Priam

Priam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Not a single Crimson has fallen for me. I am staying though because I need to boss materials (muculent,blight etc). I am hoping for a Cinture, but I am not holding my breath.

GeldMacher

GeldMacher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
I have killed her around 50 times no Crimson, did get a totem of the void and 2 pearl necklaces and a ton of ML ingredients.

TheGrimReefer

TheGrimReefer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
IM Sorry To Tell You But Crimmies Do Not Drop Here And Dont Believe People When They Say They Do.

gryphonuo

gryphonuo

LORD GRYPHON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
I have yet to see a crimmy drop..The only person i saw claiming to have gotten one ..seemed to have a problem....he claimed he just got it but when he showed it ..it seems it was already blessed lol. We asked him how it was blessed..and poof he recalled out..lol:O

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
I have received one, a guildie received one, and two peeps in an allied guild have also received one. They may not drop for YOU, but they have certainly dropped for others.

Dareth

Dareth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
aye...several peeps I know..and guildies have also gotten a crimmy from melissa..they DONT drop in your pack..they are loot on the corpse...so YES they do drop on Melissa..
Melissa..Melinsinda...could be they are related!!?? Evil twins!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life is not measured but the amount of breaths you take....but the amount of moments that take your breath away.......

gryphonuo

gryphonuo

LORD GRYPHON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
okay..i have been able to determine unfortunately that some people dont know what crimson is lol..i ask at melissa spawn who had gotten crimsons..i got 4 ppl who said they had ..1 person showed me a crimson the others said they were wearing them but i couldnt see it because was under their robes..hmmmm. had them show me and of course they were wearing the crimson doublet that drops on corpse.The person who did have one is very trustworthy so crimsons are dropping from her but i have a feeling the drop rate is way less than ppl say due to the miss identifications lol...i have 7 crimson in my bank box but the look like a doublet roflmao.

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
I own 9 Crimson Cinctures. I know EXACTLY what they look like, and so do my guild/alliance mates. These are Crimmy's, not the doublets. Make no mistake about that. Oh, and we are up to 5 now in the alliance. So, I think they drop QUITE a bit more than you happen to think. Considering she spawns four times an hour, and 23.5 hours a day, I think you'll find your chances for a crimmy better here than anywhere else.

Degerdi

Degerdi

Waiting to steal your monacle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
i have 1 crimmy... anyone on atlantic selling?
Curses! Who stole my monacle? :mycry:

gryphonuo

gryphonuo

LORD GRYPHON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
I dont doubt they drop at a good rate..so i just did an experment..i sat through 8 spawns....and ask after everyone if anyone got a crimmy. In 8 spawns i got 9 ppl saying they got one, 8 of them were doublets and 1 was a crimmy. I had to explain the difference between the 2 until my char passed out. Believe it or not alot of ppl dont know what a crimson is if they dont do peerless stuff. I dont doubt ppl are getting them some are being miss identified( there was a guy a bank trying to sell doublets as crimmies for14 mill)

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

I dont doubt ppl are getting them some are being miss identified( there was a guy a bank trying to sdll doublets as crimmy for14 mill)

Sweet. I'll take two.

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

I dont doubt they drop at a good rate..so i just did an experment..i sat through 8 spawns....and ask after everyone if anyone got a crimmy. In 8 spawns i got 9 ppl saying they got one, 8 of them were doublets and 1 was a crimmy. I had to explain the difference between the 2 until my char passed out. Believe it or not alot of ppl dont know what a crimson is if they dont do peerless stuff. I dont doubt ppl are getting them some are being miss identified( there was a guy a bank trying to sell doublets as crimmies for14 mill)

Hmm....I may have to make sure I loot the corpse after it goes public then...I wonder if that means people just leave Cinctures there!

-Galen's player

Guest_Doomsday Dragon_*

Guest_Doomsday Dragon_*
  • Guests
I have killed around 50 of them myself now and I have gotten 2 hunters garb chest pieces 4 necklaces a few minor artifacts and a bunch of ingredients.

The cincture probably drops however the rate it drops is going to be incredibly low due to how easy melissa is to kill and how often she spawns. It took me around 500+ peerless to get one crimson cincture so don't expect it to be handed to you easily during this little event.

Osiris

Osiris

Tamer of Souls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
As, crazy as it sounds, some folks miss some loot, I am sure it has happened. :-)
"Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical."
Blaise Pascal

Evolus

Evolus

Worst Tamer Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
I didn't know what a crimson was. I've killed Melissa about 5 times now. I've gotten 3 pearl necklaces, 12 corruption, 2 taint, and I got a Crimson Cincture on the 4th kill!

It was by luck of course. I was browsing her corpse, and was bored and scrolling over everything in it. I saw this red apron, and said "I haven't seen that before." So I scrolled over it and it was a crimson! Woot!

I was very happy considering my character has no luck whatsoever. hehe

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

IM Sorry To Tell You But Crimmies Do Not Drop Here And Dont Believe People When They Say They Do.

Will you please stop saying this
As jfk has said, just because you haven't got one, doesn't mean they don't drop.
People sometimes spend months in doom without a single artifact, and yet some people get one on their first day.
It's luck of the draw.

Caliver

Caliver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
I agree with Adam, my wife and I both got a crimson on two back to back Melisandes. The rng is picky and will give what it gives when it gives. I have a friend who has gotten three crimsons off of Melissa since this has started and he is there on a regular basis.
Do penguins have knees?

Arioch

Arioch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts
And, as Adam pointed out, the other end of the spectrum is unforgiving. I have been to Doom countless times now, and done Melissa about 40 times so far, and have not gotten a single artifact drop. I keep going, though, on the off-chance the fates will shine on me, even if by accident. Not mad about it, just pointing out the system. I do, however, wish at least ONE of my guildies would get one... lol=)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lord L'arr Hamerfeld

onthefifty

onthefifty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

I own 9 Crimson Cinctures. I know EXACTLY what they look like, and so do my guild/alliance mates. These are Crimmy's, not the doublets. Make no mistake about that. Oh, and we are up to 5 now in the alliance. So, I think they drop QUITE a bit more than you happen to think. Considering she spawns four times an hour, and 23.5 hours a day, I think you'll find your chances for a crimmy better here than anywhere else.

sheesh, 9 crimmy's!!! whats the secret prey tell to getting 9. I haven't seen one drop for my guild doing a lady m since last november and we do them pretty regularly.

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Unfortunately, most of them didn't "drop" for me, lol, I had to buy and/or trade for them. I admit that it was overkill, but I hate having to share armor/weaps/arties between characters. I like to log in on whatever char and be ready to go, so I pretty much outfit them individually. Currently, I have to share one ring between two dexxers, and I will quit doing that when I can find something close to it, which will probably be close to impossible.:(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: camping, days, melissa