Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Taking babies into see Melissa...

- - - - - babies melissa taking

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Wasn't trying to pick on you solely LadyKolleen, using your personal stories to try and show how I see things in game.

and it is just that's how I see it from the "outside". Yes, you do enjoy it, bottom like, it's for items. I'm glad you're still enjoying it though.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

GeldMacher

GeldMacher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

So being able to be in an area with other spawn (that won't attack you) while the one enemy that can/will has locked horns with everyone else (who are being attacked by the other spawn) is ok with you? Is that ok with everyone else?

DID I SAY IT WAS OK! I simply stated that a "young" will be targeted if they do damage to any of the spawn. This has been the way "young" status has worked since it's inception, they adjusted the Tram and Fel dungeons and Doom, but still allowed it in Ilsh. At one point you could even take "youngs" to FEL, I used to love teking them to do the treasure puzzles when they were working.

BBWalker

BBWalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
ho well, the fact that "young" char can do the quest is totally
wrong and they'd not allow young player to do the quest....
anyway the damage is already done!

BUT

if i'm not wrong, you can create "Only 1" trial account for each credit card, or i'm wrong? i dont think there are other way to have
a trial account! at last is what i know

iloveuo

iloveuo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
I ran my young people through. I pay for my account every month it's not a trial account so I didn't see anything wrong with it. I didn't create one just to do this event. It was an account I have had awhile.

I took one of them to fight melissa but I couldn't help out so I left. I don't like just standing there and not helping. So I don't use any of my young characters to fight her.

I went through the whole quest and enjoyed it very much. I think they did an awesome job on it.

onthefifty

onthefifty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
i have a seven char single a/c. i ran all my chars thru both quests (even my crafter) and obtained 375k worth of tixs. i have been doing deceit spawn in fel for arties which are 10k a pop. point is i have gotten more than enough points to get basically any item i wanted.

the only reason i goto melissa now is to farm on my tamer with the hopes of getting a crimmy. i see nothing wrong with this. i haven't had a crimmy drop doing lady m's pretty regularly since last november. i figure mellisa spawns 6-7 times an hour, i like those odds, as well as getting peerless regs. farming for items? definately, in my mind. but everything i get is helping build my character as well as my pets abilities to better enjoy the game after this event ends. i don't see anything wrong with this. i also take my tamer down to the ww to farm b. leather and scales for the glasses. this game is what it is.

i have seen brokers characters down there and in the etheral fortress trying to get tickets. most times they are dead. guess what, i don't rez them.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
For the record: Partying two characters and only doing damage with one of them DOES NOT get you two cloaks.

Yes, I tried. No, it didn't work. I agree in concept with DiP that this should have been one set of Melissa rewards per account, 30 day account age minimum.

I think a lot of us are 'keeping up with the Joneses:' I either get my 300K points using all characters at my disposal, or I take the high road and pay multi-millions of non-duped gold to people with less scruples. No one has been more of a bane to the Vanguard than I, but even killing every spawn, every day, every town didn't get me enough for a full set of one armor type.

Cross-sharding is a long tradition in UO, so I don't feel too bad. I also notice that my Melissa's cloak has been taking a beating and it's not repair-able, so I'm glad I'll have a few spares.

Interestingly, the cloaks are selling for as low as 75K on some shards - so obviously the draw is the points.

~M

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Also for the record: I just checked FindUO again and the cheapest cloak I can find is 200K. The 75K either was underpriced or a mis-type and was snapped up quickly.

Some profiteers out there are selling them for 9.9M a pop. I suggest you avoid those vendors. ;)

~M

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
I agree it should have been one per char/account. If they did that though, the cloak should have been fortifiable. With that said, I don't wear them anyway...I generally try to build most armor sets to be corpse skin proof, and I'd rather have the 5 DCI from the quiver, so the point is mute to me. I'll hang onto them and see what happens.

Lady Hester Tarian

Lady Hester Tarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
I have multi chars all who are strong and powerful in their abilities. Some are not so strong, so they don't do the quest(s) but I do not like the 1 char/account rule. I feel characters capable of pulling their own weight with skills should never be restricted or limited because another character on the same account is also powerful. I have also shard traded and feel that because of the being alive part to get the note, it makes everyone cooperate. Without Honor or a res, 75% of the chars wouldn't make it through those rooms. Those res'ing I much appreciate their time and effort. It's boring in that room watching for ghosts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Priam

Priam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Also for the record: I just checked FindUO again and the cheapest cloak I can find is 200K. The 75K either was underpriced or a mis-type and was snapped up quickly.

Some profiteers out there are selling them for 9.9M a pop. I suggest you avoid those vendors. ;)

~M

I saw that last night. I have about 20 of these things banked or housed. Please. Opportunists.

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Without Honor or a res, 75% of the chars wouldn't make it through those rooms.

I strongly disagree here. I ran 18 characters through on two shards. The ONLY characters to die were two mules, who have weak armor suits. Any player that has mastered movement, has solid armor sets on their characters and has the passwords on macro keys should not have a problem getting through there. JMO of course, but I stand by it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: babies, melissa, taking