Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

How much of the rescue questline do you have to do?

- - - - - questline rescue

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Priam

Priam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
If I take my newbies out to the rescue line, how much of it do I have to do? Can I just die and go to his room, get rezzed and complete the line?

GeldMacher

GeldMacher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Yes, I did it this morning with a new char, went right to Casca and nothing else.

Lady Hester Tarian

Lady Hester Tarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
Yep! I had a kind gentleman line up his ghosts in Casca's cell room, then I came through (Honor virtue), his first ghost was there, res'd it and let him hit a runebook I brought marked to Ulric. A friend of mine actually collected the tickets and gated him to Brit Inn. Then he would log in the next character already in the room and repeat the process.

When I do it on other shards I am running them to the room and hoping and crossing my fingers someone will res them at some point. The note is blessed, so no problem if I die again. I will not use the "help, physically stuck." That's just my way though. Now, who wants to res a line up of ghosts on Catskills?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
If you want to enjoy an actual well done quest and storyline, use your brain a little and solve some mysteries, immerse yourself a bit in the Ultima universe, then you have to do all of the quest chain.

If you're just into getting new pixels, just run to Casca, then just run to Melissa and help kill her. You won't have any idea why you're doing either, but you'll get teh itemz.

Posted Image

Lady Hester Tarian

Lady Hester Tarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
I agree with this Adrianna, but once a family member (one character) does the quest on the first night it is released, read all the books, helped with the passwords, died repeatedly to get back and try again, and finally completes it.....other family can take the shortcuts. That's my opinion anyways.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I sort of wish they had made it a full-up quest chain. They have that splendid quest system, why not use it?

Also would have cut-down on the rampant proliferation of turn-in points. But hey, I've benefited to the tune of 700K so far.

I wonder: was there a re-evaluation of turn-in points? Did the Devs realize that these items and armor sets were not going to be widely available to all but the richest players?

That would be heartening.

~M

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Way to combat the shortcut users would be for Devs to code in an extra reward, say a choice of either +200 Luck Ethereal Boots, or Earrings of Completeness with +10DI/+5HCI/+ 5DCI in next event phase for those who took the complete path to Ulrich.
Posted Image

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Except there is no character-linked quest chain, so unless they thought of it ahead of time - not possible.

~M

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
If your character has received the red and blue parchments, dug up the corroded box, and been given a spring cleaning ticket from Ulrich, you are not allowed to get more of those items, and that could qualify you as a beneficiary of another reward. If not this event, maybe something to be considered in future easter egg hunts.
Posted Image

muscle_n_flow

muscle_n_flow

Everything Hits At Once

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Did the Devs realize that these items and armor sets were not going to be widely available to all but the richest players?

What? If you ask me, these rewards were quite a bit easier to "work" for than the other collections. 250 points per power crystal? Many pvm characters can handle golems and the minions in exodus dungeon.

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
The way I see it, there are four basic quests that are related. If you are just after the pixel crack then:
Follow the hints to Moonglow, get a translated copy of the note.
Dig in the cemetary, get the corroded box.
Run thru Ethy Fort, get 25k turn in points.
Kill Melissa, get her cloak and 25k turn in points.

Not in that order if all you want to do is follow the story line and the clues. But, you do not have to do them all, or do one before another in order to get to whatever part you want. Each one of your characters can do each part of the chain once.

Lady Hester Tarian

Lady Hester Tarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
I believe you must go to the trapped ranch before digging in the cemetary. Of course, this may be like saying the right passwords to get to Casca or Melissa.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adri

Adri

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
You're right. It's part of the process like saying the correct words.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
*All* you have to do is get to Casca and be alive when you say "help". You dont have to join the investigation, dig anything, go to the farmhouse, none of it.

muscle_n_flow

muscle_n_flow

Everything Hits At Once

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
They meant to be able to dig up the corroded box. For that, yes you have to go to the farm house.

ladykolleen

ladykolleen

Original Wonder Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
Why not get the corroded box? It may nbe useful in later scenerios.

AND - I still have my glass dagger . . . what should i do with it? use it? save it? what
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I am Diana, Princess of the Amazons! I won't be denied! "

Adri

Adri

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
I'm still saving mine. *shrug*

TheGrimReefer

TheGrimReefer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
You Actually Only Have To Do 2 Parts Of This Event:
1: Make It To The End Of The Ethereal Fortress Alive To Get The Note From Casca. Take It To Ulrich For First 25K.
1: Head Down To Melissa And Do Enought Damage To Loot The Corpse. This Will Give You The Cloak and The Other 25k.

Unless You Want The Items Like The Corroded Box You Will Need To Do The Trapped Room To Even Start Digging At The Graveyard. But You Can Skip Straight To Trapped Room To Do So

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: questline, rescue