Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

dang they fixed it!

- - - - - dang fixed

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
Cant run thru the quest dead anymore and still get your ticket. He says you are dead and cant help anyone. Glad I got most of my chars thru!

envinyatar

envinyatar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
WOOHOO! Glad I did most of mine over the weekend. Too bad I didn't get to run through on other shards. Oh well there's always Melissa.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IronHorse

IronHorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
This should of never been a problem in the first place,after all it is a quest to help and you can't help anyone while dead.
The whole point of this event is to have playable content within the perameters of the roleplaying aspect of the game.
Instead like so many other events some people spend their time attempting to find a cheat around the way it was meant to be.
I'm sure glad none of these people are my auto mechanic or doctor.
IMO it was a mistake to put turn-in points as a reward,it defeats the whole purpose of the term "clean up".
This was an enjoyable quest if you do it from start to finish,it at least gets players out exploring parts of the realm they had no idea about.Boggles my mind how few players knew where to find speckled poison sac's or where the etheral fortress is,just goes to show you how item oriented many are and how lacking in knowledge about the game and the content that really makes UO a superior game to play,that is if your playing it and not exploiting it.
-IronHorse
GM Forge of Virtue
Governor of Trinsic

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
We did this...

http://www.uoforums....692/index4.html

Nice post!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Not too tough to put an alternate character on a different account in there to rez you...
Or ask a friend...
Or one of the people hanging out there...
Or to use sacrifice...
Or to use honor in the first place...
Or Ethereal Voyage...

Heck, my mage made it through alive without any of those tricks.

~M

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts

I'm sure glad none of these people are my auto mechanic or doctor.

LOL, couldn't agree more!

IMO it was a mistake to put turn-in points as a reward,it defeats the whole purpose of the term "clean up".

I disagree, you have to turn in dozens if not hundreds of items for points to get one reward item. Net result is less records(items) existing in the database, which is the goal.

I think Phase IV should let people drop near anything on a collector and have the item exchange for tickets as if it were gold from an NPC vendor in town. It would clear out a LOT of chests full of armor, weps and jewelry that will likely otherwise never see the light of day(i.e. - you drop a mid-40's resists leather tunic with 2 bonus properties and get 120 points).

Lady Hester Tarian

Lady Hester Tarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
Aye, I was in the middle of awaking cousins on other shards, when one was told she could not help while a ghost. I am able to embrace the Honor virtue and res people on Chesapeake, but my cousins have not followed the virtue as strictly as I have.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Guess it's a good thing you and I finished our cross-sharding, eh Hester?

I still owe you two cloaks!

~M

Lady Hester Tarian

Lady Hester Tarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
Uhmm...there's 3 cloaks and tickets there, if I remember correctly. I have my full set of scout's armour so even the tickets are a bonus now. Thanks for your honesty in remembering though...and yes, I was relieved that all worked so smoothly last evening and we were done....until the next goodies come to be traded. *grins*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Three cloaks? I guess I didn't look very closely, had to run off and assist with the putting-to-bed of my tiny baby squishy.

But yay! Three cloaks =D

~M

D'Amavir

D'Amavir

House D'Amavir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

This should of never been a problem in the first place,after all it is a quest to help and you can't help anyone while dead.
The whole point of this event is to have playable content within the perameters of the roleplaying aspect of the game.
it.

Too bad it only covers the 'good' roleplay aspects. What point, rp wise, is there to doing this with an evil aligned character?

By the way, I agree with you about the exploit factor.

Lady Hester Tarian

Lady Hester Tarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
Ok, they're not heartless though. With this fix they have also made the notes blessed. So those without charged runebooks, or have lost their regents, or whatever other reason may otherwise leave you stuck in that room, you can run back out and keep the note, even if you die.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ash

Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Or Ethereal Voyage...

Just a note, Ethereal Voyage seems to be highly bugged at the moment. I tried using it through the demon room and looks like the paragons saw right through it and I was instantly killed. Seen other reports of people having the same issue as well.

Besides it is such a short duration with long cool down timer would take 15 minutes to do what can do in 1 minute using Honor or macros to precast invis, say word, target self. (really only need that for undead room rest just have word in a macro as the safe zone is on other side of the door.)

Limlight

Limlight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
Anyone want to X-shard their points for me?

I will run through naked on another shard for you if you do it for me.

Also, I hope you are all keeping the corroded chests...those are pimp

Lady Hester Tarian

Lady Hester Tarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
If you're on Atlantic, I have at least 2 done and 2 more I can do, if someone is available to heal me at Casca. I'm on Chessie.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Limlight - depend on whether this event lasts through the weekend, I can do up to 14 chars on Atlantic for your Sonoma points (also provided you can rez me on Atlantic and have a runebook to 'port to Ulrich)

~M

TheGrimReefer

TheGrimReefer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Most Players Have At Least One Char That Donated To The Britian Library So They Should Have Known Where To Get Sac's.

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts

Most Players Have At Least One Char That Donated To The Britian Library So They Should Have Known Where To Get Sac's.

nope

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dang, fixed