Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

A player named ***********scammed me out of 1.9m...

- - - - - 19m named player scammed

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Omera

Omera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
I would like to let the atlantic community, who rudely stuck up for scammerboy after I was scammed, that *********** is a scammer.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
As per our ROC.

Scammer, cheater and exploiter accusations:

While we sympathise with the loss of items, accounts etc due to scamming, we don't allow people to accuse others of being scammers or cheaters on UOForums.
Nor do we allow people to accuse others of being cheaters/exploiters.

Omera

Omera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
I can't warn people?

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
On ICQ etc and in game, sure, just not on UOF.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
As per above, we do not allow it.

There is no way for us to validate any such claims, therefore it's easily abused.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

dhekke

dhekke

I am the Gosso King!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
You could, but there are always two sides of any story, and allowing one to accuse other without proper defense and fairness can only go bad.

Sorry for your loss, anyway

We are Ultima Online

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Although the events which led to the scamming can be said, so if others find themselves in the same predicament, they may think twice.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Gaspar LeMarc

Gaspar LeMarc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
I play on atlantic and have been scammed numerous times... probably because I'm just too trusting of people, forgetting they're probably little kids with no moral examples to teach them decency in real life.

At any rate... is this a new scam? If so, maybe a little heads up so I don't fall prey like usual?

~Gaspar LeMarc

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I do sympathise with ya Omera (And Gaspar), as I've had it happen to me as well
But I've also experienced people posting lies about others in order to trash their name(s)
If we allow anyone and everyone to accuse others of scamming, it'll lead to people doing it purely to tarnish good people's names.

Omera

Omera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
It's nothing new. Just a talentless child who asks for money up front before he even places a 7x7 house.
I just realized I was stupid enough to offer that much for a 7x7...

Gaspar LeMarc

Gaspar LeMarc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
If you need a 7x7 I know a spot I used to have before I bought my new place... I could meet you ingame and we could see if it's still open. Last I checked, it was. It's a nice little area too, close to everything.

~Gaspar LeMarc

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Nice gesture Gasper and sorry to hear of your bad luck Omera.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lklovelykiki24

lklovelykiki24

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,113 posts
I'm sorry to hear that you got scammed Omera I hate to hear when that happens to someone in UO. I been scammed before in game but not for that much. Also on another note I just want to tell you that it might not be the person you think that scammed you many people take other people's names clothing, items, ex in game and then create a bad reputation for them using there identities.

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
While i sympatize before you go into any purchases or such you should do your homework first.

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 19m, named, player, scammed