Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What would happen if EA let you build bigger then an 18x18

- - - - - 18x18 bigger build ea happen

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth

Without The Community You Are Limited

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts
I saw this come up on the mouse hold thread and figured id see what people thought. Some people I know think we should be able to customize larger then an 18x18.

They say they can build the best house or castle or whatever. They are some really good designers.... but what about most of those PKS that couldnt design a house if their life depended on it.

Or those people that just like to make ONE BIG BOX!!!

This is what I think would happen and this is even smaller then a 32 across. I think i made it to long though.

And if UO did this I would first take ALL MY houses and upgrade them to that and build BIG CRYSTAL BOXES then id quit UO keke..

SO!!!!! What do you think? Yes? No?

Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
I think you're right. lol gawds that's fugly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth

Without The Community You Are Limited

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts
Just putting it in perspective

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BamBam

BamBam

Owner, Iron Bandit Inn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
Very nice house Gareth haha.
oh god.. i would never want to see a huge house like that in fel. you know it would happen too though. :X

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
The Borg. ;)

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
first I would have to get an 18 x 18. Then I would have to live in that for sometime. Then I would have to see if I could upgrade to something larger. But then...BORG CUBE! :) nah, just kidding, if I had that much space I would design a little village for all my characters connect by bridges/walkways. Surrounding a guild house/fort type place in the center.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

AtlanteanAngel

AtlanteanAngel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Imagine if EA expanded UO to have unlimited server space. And then every player would be able to create a magical kingdom (think Chronicles of Narnia or Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings) filled with player designed cities, dungeons, monsters and planes of existence, that is linked to the common shard server (eg. Atlantic) via an enchanted mirror or enchanted wardrobe within the player's house.

Origin Systems Inc - "We Create Worlds".

MalagAste

MalagAste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Personally I would like it if EA games gave each homeowner a "dungeon" or "Cellar" level to their home.... 2 levels underground up to 24x24 space completely customizable depending on the size of your home.... If you have an 18x18 up to castle you get the full 24x24 and 2 levels (all max storage homes get 2 levels).... and the size goes down as far as one 12x12 for those with a 7x7..... but you put your choice of "special" tiles in your house that "teleport" you to your "cellar/dungeon".... and in there you can fully custom it from having just rough cavern type walls to fully finished marble or stone walls and floors.... stone walls dirt floor.... either way.. or combinations of both..... This could all be done on a separate special server or servers if need be... And it wouldn't be disgustingly borg as no one would have to see anyone elses unless you went down in their "dungeon/Cellar"..... But you would never "walk" by it and have to gaze at it.... and it wouldn't detract from the game in anyway ..... and would be nice if it could add additional storage space... And I think it would be neat to be able to set it separately either public or private. Just a thought.....

This would avoid folk wanting to build 32x32 plots that are borg structures if folk could build underground .... And would give Castle and Keep owners something to customize.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
if it was bigger they would have to put a hight restriction on it or well should maybe only 3 stories and i dont know something to prevent that monstrosity

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
They should add a clause in the ToS about bad taste and prevent those people from owning a customizable house... or force them into asking someone to design for them and prevent customizing :)
"If deathrobes were bank checks... I'd be filthy rich!"

New in Ultima Online? Visit Haven Helpers
Trade at Ingame Auctions!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Maybe they should automatically have a bulletin board/message box on every house sign so ppl could leave a msg to the owner saying how ugly(or nice) a house looks.

Or maybe just a voting system where any player could rate a house on a scale of 1 to 5 points. Houses with certain levels of points would be eligible for little stuff like reserved house signs, additional design tiles, a resident NPC healer or Skill Trainer(up to 30 as usual) or some other nice, but modest reward.

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
I like your ideas :-)
"If deathrobes were bank checks... I'd be filthy rich!"

New in Ultima Online? Visit Haven Helpers
Trade at Ingame Auctions!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
Y'all sound like a subdivison committee gone bad.

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
lol seriously though, why not have a simple 'UO planning commission' where the gms or whatever would have to approve a house design before it could be committed and 'built'...? wouldn't that prevent some of this? Or a page feature 'this home is fugly' and once reported, a gm or someone on the planning commission could view it and thumbs up or down...if it were down, they could 'rezone' immediately, and foreclose on the home?... or something? ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
Boo! Don't oppress me in my game, I live with enough rules already!

Don't get me wrong my house is nicely decorated (outside). Inside i'm a slob. I too am the victim of having a crystal monstrosity next door. Someone is bound to walk by the crystal thing and love it for some weird reason.

Who knows, alien visitors that play UO may prefer living in a giant crystal box.

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
unfortunatly that would take away players rights i'm not trying to take away ppls right to have BADDDD horrible and unsightly taste HOWEVER I do think we should have an ugly home filter option lol i'd rather see a flat plot or lol a option to pick a land mark. say i have an ugly borg cube in front or next to my house and i click the option and now i see a pretty pond or garden or some such. that would be freakin sweet.

Posted Image

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
I feel I should state that my above mentioned post was in jest...mostly. ;) That's a cool idea for everyone though, Kimmy!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

MalagAste

MalagAste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
I kinda like the idea of having a reward for having a nice looking house that folk could vote on..... I like the idea of being able to "rate" houses... Though they would have to be "public"...... those who have private homes should not get an option for others to vote... anyway I stand by my suggestion earlier for "basements/dungeons/cellars".... and adding a rating system for housing would be fun........

I'm always looking at homes for really nice designs ..... would be nice to give those I like a nod..... and leave those I don't like a bad frownyface...... hehe
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ceridwen

Ceridwen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Or maybe just a voting system where any player could rate a house on a scale of 1 to 5 points. Houses with certain levels of points would be eligible for little stuff like reserved house signs, additional design tiles, a resident NPC healer or Skill Trainer(up to 30 as usual) or some other nice, but modest reward.

UO Shard Forum:
Topic 1: "Rate my home well" (posted by some well-known player)
Topic 2: "Paying 1mill per good vote on my house"
Topic 3: "Rate me 5/5 and I'll rate you 5"
Topic 4: "Why are you being so mean to me???"
etc.

Oh yeah, that'll just be funfunfun.

Don't get me wrong on this, I think votes is a nice thing and not being able to build big ugly borg-cubes is a great idea, but we can all see what would come with votes...

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
agreed. first thing i thought too

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 18x18, bigger, build, ea, happen