Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

The Boss in Wisp dungeon...

- - - - - boss dungeon wisp

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Blade_ThugLuv

Blade_ThugLuv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well i spent a good part of the day doing this, Just wanted to give everyone a heads up before i head off to work in about 10 mins that it is possible to get a crimson off of this boss.

I got a crimson on the 9 one i helpped kill.

~Blade

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Well i spent a good part of the day doing this, Just wanted to give everyone a heads up before i head off to work in about 10 mins that it is possible to get a crimson off of this boss.

I got a crimson on the 9 one i helpped kill.

~Blade

And then I was there all day. :P

TheGrimReefer

TheGrimReefer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
I Still Highly Doubt It Drops A Crimmy. This Is Another One Of The Scams Like The Strangers. Just To Keep You Looking For Something That Isnt There Instead Of Getting The Real Items. ie pearl necklace a magical lockbox

SilBerFoXx

SilBerFoXx

SilBerFoXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I spent from midday saturday thru to midnight , and then from 7am Sunday thru to 8pm , pretty much solid, doing Melissa, I got over 35 Scourge, 25 Putre, @ 50 Mucc, strangely only 8 Blight, and YEAHHHY 8 Taint.

I got several minor arties from the paras,

I got 3 necklaces, and 14 cloaks from my 3 accounts

I didnt get anything near a Crimmy, BUT my trusted friend Kaj did get one!!

Defo, he is trustable, very.

iloveuo

iloveuo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Cool then there is hope. =)

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Woot, yes she does. I just got one, the first I've ever had drop on me...done dread and mel a million times (or so it seems), and nothing. Just got one off of Melissa!:) The funniest part was I got it with my mule, who had 80 magery and 93 eval casting fireballs at her lol. The legendary smith/tailer scores huge today hehe.

TheGrimReefer

TheGrimReefer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
I Would Have To See It To Believe It I Have Spent 2 Days On This Quest With 1200 Luck, Fought Many of Mellissa and Havent Seen One Or Heard Of One Dropping. Guess It Depends On Which Shard Your On

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
Does it drop on you like normal artifacts? Or is it on the corpse? With ML bosses, you have to take the word of the person who opens the corpse if it was there or not...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Reefer, that is at least two people telling you it happens. Big deal, I, and a lot of other folks, have spent two days as well. Whether you choose to believe it or not is your concern, but two days and 1200 luck doesn't necessarily affect the RNG in your favor. Heck, like I said, I've done a LOT (and I do mean a LOT) of Lady M's and Dread's with no success. You spending two days doing this, in the reality of the game, doesn't mean squat as far as you getting anything. Believe what you want.

It dropped on the corpse..I found it while looting..in fact, when I saw the red I initially thought it was the doublet, then I pulled it up and was like "no f'n way........WOOOT lol".

Arioch

Arioch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts
A quick question in regards to the corpse, and looting it: How are you guys able to open the corpse so fast as to be able to loot anything of value from it? At the point Melissa dies, her corpse is buried under several Greater Dragons, so I slam CTRL-SHIFT, but then I spend 10 seconds getting rid of the names of all the other characters and pets on top of the corpse label. By the time I get to her corpse, there is nothing left of value, let alone a crimmy or doublet. Is there a hotkey or macro you can program for this? And as a semi-related question: At the beginning of the fight, how are you able to target Melissa? Again, I spend forever clearing other names out of the way to grab her life-bar, then attack her by targetting that. By this point, half the damage is already done by the Dragons, and it is a game of catch up... Any advice greatly appreciated, as always!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lord L'arr Hamerfeld

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
I use the ShowAllNames macro and double-click(both when attacking and looting afterwards), she is the one in red ;)

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
or you could set up a Target Next (I think it is) macro and just keep hitting button til you get her. And not sure if it still works or not but you used to be able to use Target Last macro and it would show the corpse as your target.

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
I use Control-Shift and just start closing names until I get her. It doesn't take long if you focus on closing names in the area she's at. A few times I've gotten lucky and caught her in the clear and simply swiped her health bar up. After the kill, I do the same thing..Control-Shift and close bard until I find "a Human Corpse" and open it. If you are in party, it could be your mates looting her for everything before you find her body. She will have her own instance on you if you are not in party. If you are, break party before she dies and you will get your own instance.

antiochian

antiochian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
Hey, finally I made to the boss room with my lowly stealther. Can't dare to summon Melissa, as there is no one to help (Drachenfels is so lonely). Even the imps can get me with their lowly spells. So I'm hidden and waiting...(no idea for what)

Lady Flame (DrR)

Lady Flame (DrR)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
Does Melissa pearl necklase drop into your bag? Also do you have to be on the quest to get it, or can you help out in a chance of getting it once you have completed the quest?
Posted Image

Lady Hester Tarian

Lady Hester Tarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
The pearl necklace is in her corpse. You can find it just so long as you get looting rights, if you're quick enough. You can get more than one. Yes, you can continue helping others and will have a chance at martis even, just no more tickets or cloaks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I got a pearl necklace last night on my 5th Melissa (4 cloaks, once no looting rights).

For those worried about a 'fair share' of the loot: Just like everything else, the corpse is instanced. If you have looting rights, you have a couple minutes to find the corpse in that mess before your 'fair share' can be scavenged by others.

Use AllNames!

~M

IronHorse

IronHorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

I got a pearl necklace last night on my 5th Melissa (4 cloaks, once no looting rights).

Your recieving multiple cloaks on the same char? Or do you mean your getting the robe that melissa wears?
-IronHorse
GM Forge of Virtue
Governor of Trinsic

Lady Hester Tarian

Lady Hester Tarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
Ironhorse I think he's doing the quest with different characters, and getting the cloaks with each character. I don't know for sure but I think that's what he is referring to.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Evolus

Evolus

Worst Tamer Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
I thought I took some pictures of this event, but they didn't save. I'll try to get some pics up later tonight!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boss, dungeon, wisp