Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Sparkling yew tree

- - - - - sparkling tree yew

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Nero Blackraven

Nero Blackraven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Flying around on an asian shard I saw two npcs talking by a large yew tree in a sparkling room. What are they saying and what is this all about.

Guest_athos_uo_*

Guest_athos_uo_*
  • Guests

Flying around on an asian shard I saw two npcs talking by a large yew tree in a sparkling room. What are they saying and what is this all about.

It describes the result of an event held on the last weekend.

The event has its origin in the story of "Tanabata"(Cf. Wilipedia). According to the story, they can meet each other only at the night of July the 7th once a year.

The young boy is Altail(originally Altair) and the pretty girl Velga(originally Vega).

"Velga's father had Altail face a test: Velga's father placed walls of foods between the young lovers, and Altail must eat all the food to meet Velga. He could at last eat all the food out with help of Britannians and met her.

....After that, they are talking lovers' talk."

Here are some screenshots of this event:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Must be nice to get that kind of attention on Asian shards...

~M

ladykolleen

ladykolleen

Original Wonder Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
wow , that is pretty neat
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I am Diana, Princess of the Amazons! I won't be denied! "

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts

wow , that is pretty neat

I 2nd that, awesome

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

TheGrimReefer

TheGrimReefer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
did anything come out of this? Item or anything

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts
err

Wasnt the whole point of removing the EMs that programs and special events liek this werent going to happen anymore? SO there would be no favouritism towards any of the shards?

Or did this event happen on all shards?

If it didnt happen on all shards then EA/Mythic have broken their own reason for getting rid of our EMs [especially Elendrik/Jordan Jurrel who did so much for Europa]

pffffffffft typical

/sulks/
Posted Image
owning all Su-Mi's bases since Y2K

Guest_athos_uo_*

Guest_athos_uo_*
  • Guests

did anything come out of this? Item or anything

No, no specific items. It left us only a bit of fun.

DaNgel

DaNgel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
The EM program was removed as the result of a number of things, none of which was equality amongst shards which is laughable in notion and practice. Asian shards have had an em program for a long time. I believe these are still their seers.

SaraMarie

SaraMarie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I play on an Asian shard along with several Americans. We never ever know when an event is happening. Like the wooden cow that was given away and selling for 3 mil, now. Why can't we be able to know about these special events, too? I think they should be posted at least on here or on the main Stratics page where we can all see it. I love Balhae. I love my friends, there. I want to play on that shard, but I also want to know when there are events.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
*An Corp Thread*

~M

Guest_athos_uo_*

Guest_athos_uo_*
  • Guests
This might not solve your questions, but I post it FYI.

Balhae belongs to Asian shards, but it is now under the control of American team. It was controled by Korean GMs a couple of years ago.

Cow event was held on Japanese shards, so Balhae & Arirang had nothing to do with it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sparkling, tree, yew