Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Need a list of all servers with active RP communities...

- - - - - active communities list rp servers

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

D'Amavir

D'Amavir

House D'Amavir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

I can't see how that should work. You will be forced to use the guild wars system and that do not works for me.
I want freedom to choose my enemies and do it on all facets.
I'm speaking about good vs evil, red vs blue, not guild vs guild.
Normal shards will limit my freedom far to much and force me to stay on one facet or stay blue.

Sadly Siege don't have many roleplayers left, I miss the time when we had Orcs, Undeads, Pirates, Brigands, Vampires and Indians.
I miss when the red roleplayers wanted to share some fun with their victims, now they just want to own :(

The color of your name shouldn't control whether you rp or not. What you are talking about sounds more like pvp than rp. You can rp an evil character on any shard and, with the guild system, you can also pvp (rppvp) against good characters. You are limited on Siege already because of its low population. Not knocking Siege at all, I actually like the shard. Its just too sparsely populated for me.

As for missing the old times, I am with you 100%. Even on Catskills, the rp population is not what it used to be. There are some really great rp guilds, some new to rp guilds and some 'we claim to be rp just to be able to kill trammies' guilds. I respect any guild/character that attempts to rp, even if they are new to it and have much to learn. Just the willingness is appreciated.

Then again, I am only speaking for myself. Others may have a different viewpoint. But I would love to discuss all viewpoints with people willing to not only talk, but to also listen. :)

D'Amavir

D'Amavir

House D'Amavir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

I would say Europa has a fairly active role-playing community. It was started on Drachenfels, and later moved to Europa when it opened. We have a wiki providing more information on the community, its history and the guilds:

Main Page - MoongatesWiki

There is also a weekly in-character newspaper, reporting on events, scenarios and happenings in-game:

Ye Morning Poste - Page 3 - Ultimate Online Forums

Edmund, GM of Britannia Guards, a soon-to-be ten year old RPing guild on Europa.

I went to the Europa Wiki and enjoyed it. I tried to join the Wiki forums but the security picture didn't show up so I couldn't register. I also made a character in an attempt to learn about what your shard has to offer from any rp'er willing to tell me. Where should I park said character so that I can have more luck getting people to party me up and chat?

DaNgel

DaNgel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
On siege, players had the freedom and ability to play without ever breaking rp. No action is limited by facet rules. You can't rp evil, bad or anything more than rude in a trammel ruleset without looking silly.

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

On siege, players had the freedom and ability to play without ever breaking rp. No action is limited by facet rules. You can't rp evil, bad or anything more than rude in a trammel ruleset without looking silly.

Yep.

*pats you on the head and sends you back to Siege*

To the original poster: Many shards have RP, to varying degrees. Good luck in finding one that suits you.

-Galen's player

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
Maybe he just meant siege is the only true 'thief' RP and left out a word?... I mean, i doubt it, but that's the only way i can see it being accurate...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

FrejaSP

FrejaSP

Lonely Vampire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Yep.

*pats you on the head and sends you back to Siege*

To the original poster: Many shards have RP, to varying degrees. Good luck in finding one that suits you.

-Galen's player

I'm not saying, that RP is not possible on normal shard, not at all.
There are many ways to roleplay, Evil vs Good is just one of them. And yes Evil vs Good RP is possible even in Trammel, just not the way I want to play it.

What Siege can offer is freedom and a more realistic way of Evil vs Good RP.

I'm a vampire, on Siege, I have freedom to target who I want. My victim is not protected of different kind of systems and can't be safe anywhere. I like that and believe it or not our victims like it too, else they would not be on Siege.

Some had told me, that on normal shards, they would never take the risk, would never join a warring guild and would never go to Felucca. You know, it's human to take the easy way.
They choose Siege to get more challenge and risk.

Some like what we have on Siege, some don't that's fine.

I agree with you when you say "Many shards have RP, to varying degrees. Good luck in finding one that suits you."

I just want to tell what Siege can offer and yes I hope to drag some evil roleplayers to Siege. The Others, TDO and Freja's forum :: Index

Freja.jpg

Tina Tink
Freja, Guildmaster of The Dark Outlaws, TDO, Living in the player town Safe Haven Siege
Come join us on Siege, we need new blood chase.gif Also, on Siege, your red can go everywhere a blue can go.

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
And this is like asking 'which shard is best for (insert anything you're looking for here)' Instead of people exploring shards, or being contacted politely and respectfully by guilds etc, it becomes a back and forth bicker because people try to assert theirs is better than everyone else's, and that makes everyone look bad and can even run off someone that might be new to the community. Does it matter which shard they ultimately go to? which guild?...They're in UO, and they want to participate. Welcome them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

FrejaSP

FrejaSP

Lonely Vampire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

The color of your name shouldn't control whether you rp or not. What you are talking about sounds more like pvp than rp.

PvP can include RP and RP can include PvP but it don't have too.
I do try to RP, some of my victims will try to RP back but not all.
Sometimes it may sounds more like PKing, when not all my victims want to PvP.
However, my goal is to share some fun. I'm killing because I'm a vampire and I need blood. I'm not killing to loot, grief or in other ways make my victim feel bad. I'm killing because I'm hungry.

You can rp an evil character on any shard and, with the guild system, you can also pvp (rppvp) against good characters.

How? Should I ask good guilds if they want to war my guild so I can feed from them? Sure I could find victims in Felucca but I want freedom to go to all shards.

You are limited on Siege already because of its low population. Not knocking Siege at all, I actually like the shard. Its just too sparsely populated for me.

Yes low population is a problem but that count for Fel normal shards too.
I like to know, that my victims is somewhat concent to my RP without me having to war them. Finding warring members can be hard too.

As for missing the old times, I am with you 100%. Even on Catskills, the rp population is not what it used to be. There are some really great rp guilds, some new to rp guilds and some 'we claim to be rp just to be able to kill trammies' guilds. I respect any guild/character that attempts to rp, even if they are new to it and have much to learn. Just the willingness is appreciated.

Shadowclan ORC's was from Catskills, some of them stayed there, some moved to Siege. They was doing great on Siege until AoS where items become a problem and they was beated of the shard. Shadowclan did not use mount, bank or houses and they only used suits of armor and weapon that fit the orc role.
It's very sad to lose them, they was one of our largest guilds.

Then again, I am only speaking for myself. Others may have a different viewpoint. But I would love to discuss all viewpoints with people willing to not only talk, but to also listen. :)

Same was I, for me, Siege is the only choice, but not all is like me :)

Freja.jpg

Tina Tink
Freja, Guildmaster of The Dark Outlaws, TDO, Living in the player town Safe Haven Siege
Come join us on Siege, we need new blood chase.gif Also, on Siege, your red can go everywhere a blue can go.

D'Amavir

D'Amavir

House D'Amavir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Shadowclan ORC's was from Catskills, some of them stayed there, some moved to Siege. They was doing great on Siege until AoS where items become a problem and they was beated of the shard. Shadowclan did not use mount, bank or houses and they only used suits of armor and weapon that fit the orc role.
It's very sad to lose them, they was one of our largest guilds.

Man I miss that Shadowclan. I started way way back in the 90's (sounds like forever but it was just, what, 98?) and there was nothing like the rp'd Orcs of Shadowclan. Cats Rp hasn't been the same since. :)

Like I said, there are good and bad rp guilds on Cats these days. Not as populated with rp'ers as I would like but I am doing what I can to help the rp community, just like a few other guilds are doing. If it wasn't for my hatred of leveling characters and pvm I would be on Siege myself.

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

I'm not saying, that RP is not possible on normal shard, not at all.
There are many ways to roleplay, Evil vs Good is just one of them. And yes Evil vs Good RP is possible even in Trammel, just not the way I want to play it.

What Siege can offer is freedom and a more realistic way of Evil vs Good RP.

I'm a vampire, on Siege, I have freedom to target who I want. My victim is not protected of different kind of systems and can't be safe anywhere. I like that and believe it or not our victims like it too, else they would not be on Siege.

Some had told me, that on normal shards, they would never take the risk, would never join a warring guild and would never go to Felucca. You know, it's human to take the easy way.
They choose Siege to get more challenge and risk.

Some like what we have on Siege, some don't that's fine.

I agree with you when you say "Many shards have RP, to varying degrees. Good luck in finding one that suits you."

I just want to tell what Siege can offer and yes I hope to drag some evil roleplayers to Siege. The Others, TDO and Freja's forum :: Index

The only problem here, Freja, is that none of this is what what's his name said. He (she? I really don't know) made a bulls__t comment. He's being called on it, and not just by me. And you are for some reason running cover for him.

Oh and btw, you've been sold a load of s__t, because plenty of normal (your term, not mine) shards have RPed PvP, through use of Felucca, Factions, or guild war systems. Some have basically perma-wars, so that way there could be violence at any time and unintended targets can be hit. On some shards, they will simply throw open a quick gate to Fel, fight, then return to Trammel for the aftermath.

Yes, some abuse the Trammel rules and use it exclusively as a way of getting around the consequences of their actions, and violate RP courtesy....However, I am also 100% positive that some abuse the Siege rules set and PK people for non-RP reasons.

The idea really is that RP fighting on normal (your term, not mine) shards in most cases (barring a perma war) can't be the first solution to a problem between two characters.

*shrugs*

Ideally this should be simply about preference. Your colleague's comments, which you seem intent on defending for some reason, held that his preferred form of RP is the only "true" form.

And that's a disgusting, pathetic, weak-minded, small-minded, thing to say about anything that's only a matter of preference.

Let's change the subject matter for more clarity.

None of the following statements would be dismissed without challenge in most contexts.

• "Heavy metal is the only true kind of music."
  • "Mozart is the only true kind of music."
  • "Shakespeare is the only true literature."
  • "Moby Dick is the only true novel."
  • "French movies are the only true cinema."

Not everything is only a matter of preference. But things like playstyles in a game, movies, music, and literature, are at least mostly matters of preference, until you reach the point where you encroach on someone else's preferences. Siege players seem intent upon forcing their preferences in any discussion into which they inject themselves, which is pretty much every discussion at hand.

The level of exaggeration is pretty slight, and it saddens me to see UO Forums becoming increasingly like Stratics in this regard.

-Galen's player
  • MalagAste likes this

Lady Hester Tarian

Lady Hester Tarian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
The idea really is that RP fighting on normal (your term, not mine) shards in most cases (barring a perma war) can't be the first solution to a problem between two characters.

*shrugs*

Oh I SO SO AGREE with this! RP tis much more than PvP !!! Tis harder to battle with the mind than the body.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Edmund Fairholm

Edmund Fairholm

MoongatesWiki Curator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

I went to the Europa Wiki and enjoyed it. I tried to join the Wiki forums but the security picture didn't show up so I couldn't register. I also made a character in an attempt to learn about what your shard has to offer from any rp'er willing to tell me. Where should I park said character so that I can have more luck getting people to party me up and chat?

Yes, don't mind the forums there quite yet, there's nothing interesting there anyways :)

There are a few role-playing hotspots on Europa: One is located in Yew, directly south of the Yew moongate, not far from Yew cementary. Another is at the Trinsic west gates, a third at the "Swagger's Inn", on the mainland south of Vesper and a fourth just up from Cove (on the half-island). Bear in mind that most people play around 8-10 pm UK time, though.

I have a ICQ if you need further information.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: active, communities, list, rp, servers