Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Need a list of all servers with active RP communities...

- - - - - active communities list rp servers

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Omera

Omera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
I'm looking over the RP shards besides europa, and so far I have...
Catskills
Atlantic
Europa
Chesapeake
And looking into Lake Superior.
I'm looking for RP thats active throughout the day, in particular.
Posted Image

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
There are a couple on Pac, but I wouldn't call it a strong RP community.

WildStar

WildStar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
There are a few RP opportunities on Baja but both are small groups: The Kingdom of Dawn - located on Felucca east of Dungeon Wrong and The Dark Tower - located on Trammel just outside Trinsic near the bridge.

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
Lake Superior has had an active RP community. Whether or now it does not depends on the day.

Go look at our "guilds and player run towns" board and judge for yourself. Some RP also goes on on Stratics.

-Galen's playur

DaNgel

DaNgel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
Siege has the only true rp community.

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

*sighs*

lol

-Galen's player

IronHorse

IronHorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Why do Siege players have such an inferiority complex?
Now I must admit DaNgel is such a fine roleplaying name, but to claim that you have the only true rping community is abit like the lone fisherman telling the story about the one that got away.
-IronHorse
GM Forge of Virtue
Governor of Trinsic

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
How did you know I let a fish get away?

It was THIS big...

* opens his arms wide and wishes he was a troll so the fish would be truly... Big *
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Omera

Omera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Thats the most elitist (right word?) thing I've heard all day.
Posted Image

MalagAste

MalagAste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Great Lakes
Though it's dwindling ....... It's still there....... as it has always been. If you'd like to learn more about the GLRPC let me know
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Velvathos

Velvathos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Catskills and Europa have the strongest RP communities.. Europa, over-all, has the best Community, RP or not.. If you can't handle the rules that rp guilds on Europa like to use, then I would suggest Catskills, although I am a active roleplayer on Pacific..

WyndRyder

WyndRyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
Chesapeake has PaxLair and its affiliates in Homare and beyond.

As for Siege IF it still HAD it's mega roleplaying there I would still BE active there *sigh* I was part of NEW originally, then DTA, then KSS for the longest time there, then MYTH as KSS dwindled, they are whom I once belonged to there, & when we had knights of Justice fighting the once alive vibrant love em or hate em.. evil VMP guild also gone, and others and the shard was alive if not electrified with roles to play...with the departure of also Lady Pyrite DTA, and then the departure guild dwindling of many of the original WC leaders in the WC alliance like Py Lethius then Aeric rl passed, and even the exit of VMP (as a guild of evil vampires) Siege fell into a non discript lessened population of myriads of other guilds, with not much definition TO them any longer and ...a lot has vanished in community with lessened population and nearly non existant defined definate ROLES there on Siege

till the entirety is just pvp with no *roles* persay more like roxxorsyou, kill be killed but minus the vibrant community of defined roles that guilds had set them selves up to play only just a few years ago, which they role played as a side of good or evil which offered some logic or role for folks TO PLAY, then Siege fell more into one person shooter games of no defined ROLES........... or gank squad no thought mentality ie no real roles, just an us or them set up, of a few alliances, within dwindling community of no clearly defined roles nor IDs any more like they had there once so with, alliances that also fall apart, basically playing just picking on the other alliances to bash in game or on forums, or other factioners, no real defined *roles* like they had though since most just play badarses not any good evil per say in clear roles within the community that was Siege now tis, more like just kill anyone, not in ye alliance and just fight with no roles and of course.. merely endless board pvping, trash the other guys guilds, if not in ye alliance of non discript allied ever changing alliances of convenience of the moment .. and thus kinda sad and boring too. *sigh*

I was on Siege for 4 full years but there was then a very alive Shire, a very alive Iantown, a very alive Wintermoor, and of course an alive quake in ye boots when ye seen em VMP and heck yeh ya would not want to run into REV of them either..now WTF is it but a mishmash of whom is in what alliance guild *today* atm allied to whom dis'ing whom on the forums and what or whom is left ...good fights but no one is *defined* as good or evil or anything just fight fight fight and look for more fights...but no ROLES any more nor active player run towns nor events much if ever. I can remember going to fight nights in even the old Rev fight pits, and since past year or so Siege Community has dwindled to some nondefined nondiscript community, fractured minus the voices and the mega leaders we had with clearly defined lines drawn in the sand, even the voice of the main vampire is so silent we hardly see or hear him any more all of these people their towns guilds roles clearly once made Siege what it was, and which really MADE Siege what it was as community and kept me drawn into it's vibrancy, tis all as if gone or just no longer doing what they did do BEST any more leading others in reasons TO fight and roles to play . :(

And yes I clearly miss whom Siege was and miss the vibrant alive community of roles we were there... I get told to quit living in the past yet the present offers little of what Siege had going FOR it.., till I no longer *live nor die* there much at all any longer...but the past was ALIVE full of roles and activity and kept me clued to staying there............ I miss it but it is no longer THERE or has vanished to near oblivion...or I would still BE there. :( :*
  • Patty Pickaxe likes this
Posted Image

Halister Marner

Halister Marner

Roleplayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Catskills and Europa have the strongest RP communities.. Europa, over-all, has the best Community, RP or not.. If you can't handle the rules that rp guilds on Europa like to use, then I would suggest Catskills, although I am a active roleplayer on Pacific..

Atlantic has an extremely large roleplaying community as well, here is a link to one of our events this year for example.

Velvathos

Velvathos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Atlantic has an extremely large roleplaying community as well, here is a link to one of our events this year for example.

Here is just one guild on Europa with over 100+ active members

The Baronship of Cove

Halister Marner

Halister Marner

Roleplayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Here is just one guild on Europa with over 100+ active members

The Baronship of Cove

Aye, I have a few friends in Cove and have attended many events on Europa, the UO.com and guild roster listings are usually not representative of total unique members, for example, Atlantic has several RP guilds with 60-70 members listed on uo.com, however much like Cove, there are only 1/5th for events.

If you add up the total counts of RP guilds on Europa and Atlantic and their numbers, you'll find that they match up numbers wise quite evenly :)

Cheers,

Halister

DaNgel

DaNgel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
The only times I've seem true rp in UO after Pub 16 was on siege. the rest of the times I've encountered RPers, they were quick to break character and more than obvious just bank sitters or folks who think occasional archaic speech and a few events qualified for calling yourself an rper.

FrejaSP

FrejaSP

Lonely Vampire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Why do Siege players have such an inferiority complex?
Now I must admit DaNgel is such a fine roleplaying name, but to claim that you have the only true rping community is abit like the lone fisherman telling the story about the one that got away.

I think he did mean:
Siege has the only rp community true to what UO was meant to be before Trammel.

Evil vs good RP. It is hard for a Siege player to see how that can exist on normal shards.

Freja.jpg

Tina Tink
Freja, Guildmaster of The Dark Outlaws, TDO, Living in the player town Safe Haven Siege
Come join us on Siege, we need new blood chase.gif Also, on Siege, your red can go everywhere a blue can go.

D'Amavir

D'Amavir

House D'Amavir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

I think he did mean:
Siege has the only rp community true to what UO was meant to be before Trammel.

Evil vs good RP. It is hard for a Siege player to see how that can exist on normal shards.

That type of rp can and does exist on normal shards. The guild system allows evil guilds/characters to rp evil till their eyes fall out. Same for good guilds/characters. The shard doesn't make it possible or impossible, the players do. If you want to rp on a normal shard or on Siege, you can. The only difference is the quality and number of people you can rp with.

Edmund Fairholm

Edmund Fairholm

MoongatesWiki Curator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
I would say Europa has a fairly active role-playing community. It was started on Drachenfels, and later moved to Europa when it opened. We have a wiki providing more information on the community, its history and the guilds:

Main Page - MoongatesWiki

There is also a weekly in-character newspaper, reporting on events, scenarios and happenings in-game:

http://www.uoforums....733/#post356733

Edmund, GM of Britannia Guards, a soon-to-be ten year old RPing guild on Europa.

Posted Image

FrejaSP

FrejaSP

Lonely Vampire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

That type of rp can and does exist on normal shards. The guild system allows evil guilds/characters to rp evil till their eyes fall out. Same for good guilds/characters. The shard doesn't make it possible or impossible, the players do. If you want to rp on a normal shard or on Siege, you can. The only difference is the quality and number of people you can rp with.

I can't see how that should work. You will be forced to use the guild wars system and that do not works for me.
I want freedom to choose my enemies and do it on all facets.
I'm speaking about good vs evil, red vs blue, not guild vs guild.
Normal shards will limit my freedom far to much and force me to stay on one facet or stay blue.

Sadly Siege don't have many roleplayers left, I miss the time when we had Orcs, Undeads, Pirates, Brigands, Vampires and Indians.
I miss when the red roleplayers wanted to share some fun with their victims, now they just want to own :(
  • Patty Pickaxe likes this

Freja.jpg

Tina Tink
Freja, Guildmaster of The Dark Outlaws, TDO, Living in the player town Safe Haven Siege
Come join us on Siege, we need new blood chase.gif Also, on Siege, your red can go everywhere a blue can go.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: active, communities, list, rp, servers