Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Necro Cloth?

- - - - - cloth necro

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

DaNgel

DaNgel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
Eric, you may simply be clinging to a lesser used term. Mare color has been the normal name across the shards for a very long time due to its comparable color being that of a pure mare(a very rare sight in those days as well).

EricVT

EricVT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Possibly. I haven't dealt with it since ~2000-2001 or so, so if people have started calling it mare since then I just haven't been keeping up. But I do know that back at that point no one ever called it that on Atlantic.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Wonder why they made it so Evil mages stopped spawning with that colour.
I thought it looked great

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
Actually, I've never seen/heard of it called mare cloth either...it's always been 'shadow' 'necro' or 'evil mage' cloth...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yea, it was either shadow or mare cloth when I was on Baja.

DaNgel

DaNgel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
in any case I still have over 100 yards of unused cloth on pacific that has stood the test of time. From time to time I make a few items and sell them for large amounts of money.

CeNedraSR

CeNedraSR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Yes the necro cloth I am refering to was the one that could be used from the cut up robes of the evil mages.

I had quit playing for some time while this cloth was able to be obtained. When I returned to the game it was a good couple of month if not longer after this was taken out of the game.

My friend had a field day since he had recently started a tailor around the time this was going on. To my knowledge the cloth was a color that couldn't be manipulated with a dye tub and the dark blueish color obtained from BOD rewards was similar but not quite the same.

EricVT

EricVT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Used to go perfectly with Leprechaun boots.

DaNgel

DaNgel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
I have pure mare sandals too. not black and not blue.

McJiff

McJiff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
CenedraSR how about some screenshots?...
:director2: Living like a king :icon_king:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cloth, necro