Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

UO registration issue

- - - - - issue registration uo

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Callie

Callie

I'm just me!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
Hey all!
Got a friend that is having difficulty getting UO installed and the ML code purchased. It keeps running him around in circles and says that his account is blocked. Any thoughts about how to help???
It asks him to enter the 14 day free trial code, but won't let him go any further until he "purchases" the samurai expansion pack. Which seems pointless to me if he is willing to purchase the ML pack that includes all the expansions......
Aside from calling EAmythic, are we missing anything?
Building the Catskills community, one player at a time! =)

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
I think the 9th anniversary pack contains all the expansions.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Aye, the 9th Anniversary carries all editions.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

mikka

mikka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
well, i'm still downloading the 14-day KR free trial and dont have a clear idea about the issue, but who knows? this may be helpful :)

go to kr page and download a kr client, and in the registration website enter the ML code for the account...
I mean, the game with KR client downloaded fully auto-patched should contain all expansions right??

Callie

Callie

I'm just me!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
My friend is trying to DL the 2D client. I watched him today go through all the steps and it only gives him the option for the Samurai expansion. My advice to him was to call EAMythic and ask for their assistance.
Building the Catskills community, one player at a time! =)

mikka

mikka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
well, if you can keep us informed about the outcome, i'd be grateful. you know, i'm about to make a purchase of the ML package for the game code :) the only difference is that i'm going for the KR client.

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
Expansions do not equal clients.

The client lets you access servers.

Expansions lets you access more content once you are connected.

Unfotunately you have to pay to play in the expansion areas, and use expansion items.

The 9th anniversary Code will give you access to all of the latest expansions.

mikka

mikka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I'm going to buy the 9th anniversary code anyway, but the question is, will I go through the download pain again? *doh*

muscle_n_flow

muscle_n_flow

Everything Hits At Once

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Nope, no more downloads. If you have a fully patched client, then you're set. The codes for expansions only deal with your account, nothing with your client.

For example, even on an account not upgraded with Mondain's Legacy, you can always see talismans and elves and the like. You just won't be able to use any of it until your account has the ML upgrade.

As said before, the easiest way to get into UO now is to get the 9th Anniversary box and use the code from it for a new account.

mikka

mikka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
thanks a lot muscle n flow! that made me feel relieved :)

one last question now, let's assume i've created an account using the free trial code given on KR website. after the trial is over, will I be able to continue with my trial account and characters after using the code that comes with the 9th anniversary box??

muscle_n_flow

muscle_n_flow

Everything Hits At Once

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Yes, you'll still be using the account with all of your characters on it.

Each box comes with 2 codes: a current account upgrade code and a new account code. You can just use the upgrade code to modify the account you've already made. And you'll have a spare new code in case you want to bring a friend into the game or start a second account.

mikka

mikka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
is there a way to backup the patching content i've downloaded?? dont want to download again after a formatting or something...

muscle_n_flow

muscle_n_flow

Everything Hits At Once

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I'm not really sure about that one. I know that a few times I've had trouble downloading a patch and a buddy of mine would send me his client file, then all would be good. But that file containing all of the patch doesn't really make since, because it's such a small file.

Anybody know more about this? I'd like to hear it too.

Kaelyn

Kaelyn

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,384 posts
Just save the complete UO folder. UO is one of the few games which only needs the folder saved to work. At least 2D works so, not sure about KR.

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
To the best of my knowledge patching content is saved to a temporary folder under UO game folder called \patch.

The files only exist on your machine while the patch is being applied.

Once the patch is applied, the files are deleted by the patching process. Occasionally the files are left behind if the patch fails, but that doesn't help you much.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: issue, registration, uo