Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Thief template . any suggestions ?

- - - - - suggestions template thief

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Baseball3331

Baseball3331

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I've been reading the thief forums and have decided to make a thief, hows this template look. Will this temp hold up in fel and doom thief ??
Any suggestions and tweaking is openly accepted , only have a 705 skill cap as of now soon to be 710.
Stealing:90 > 120 w/ shadow dancer and burglar's bandana
Snooping:90 > 100 w/ burglar's bandana
Stealth:90 > 120 w/ shadow dancer and burglar's bandana
Hiding:100 > 100
Fencing:100 hopefully 120 w/ dread's revenge
tactics: 110
Ninjitsu:100
Magery or Chiv : 25 for recalling and heals

125 str , 70 dex , 30int

Risso

Risso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Drop stealth to 50 then put those points into healing so you have some chance of getting off a bandage without getting interrupted. You could also put the spare points into chiv, but because its based on karma its not always the best skill for a thief. With 80 stealth you never fail the movement check when you are wearing leather armour, and these days why do you need to wear anything heavier anyway.

Also I would drop str to 100 or so, then put the points into dex or int depending on whether you prefer to swing and heal faster or cast spells/use specials.

Baseball3331

Baseball3331

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the pointer on stealth , ill def be doing that . So that gives me 65 points into mage or chiv . Magery would definitely be better but isnt carrying regs around in fel a pain ? ? Anyone know how much u cna heal yourself for with majorly negated karma ?

Risso

Risso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Well the other option of course is just to use pots to heal and get some high EP jewelery, as you need two hands to steal anyway so then chugging potions shouldn't be a problem - leaving you the skillpoints to put into whatever you wish. You don't really need any skillpoints to get around either, just carry a charged runebook and some recall scrolls :)

Jose Muerto

Jose Muerto

The Outcast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I carry Reagents in fel, sometimes. Normally not more than 20 each. I just buy 20 from the npcs when i need em.

If you only want them for healing, bless your self an arcane robe and stock up on gems.

I normally just pop into cat form for a few seconds to heal.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Blessed Arcane cloak and a pocket full of gems is your best friend. no one ever loots my arcane gems, and I die a lot.

I'm a big fan of stealth, but then again my thief also has minimal combat survival skills...

~M

Nickel

Nickel

2 Dimes and A Nickel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Not sure if you visited the site. but read uothief.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: suggestions, template, thief