Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Request: Condensed Info on the Six

- - - - - condensed info request

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I didn't pay much attention to them yet, all I know is that they drop some kind of boxes on the ground. So I'm asking if there is a summary of information about them. My basic question are:

- Where do they spawn?
- When do they spawn? (is there a trigger or a certain time as with the controllers?)
- What's in those boxes?
- How do I fight them without a Greater Dragon?

Answers would be much appreciated. And if I simply missed the thread where all this already was posted - be so kind and toss me a link :)

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

I didn't pay much attention to them yet, all I know is that they drop some kind of boxes on the ground. So I'm asking if there is a summary of information about them. My basic question are:

- Where do they spawn?
- When do they spawn? (is there a trigger or a certain time as with the controllers?)
- What's in those boxes?
- How do I fight them without a Greater Dragon?

Answers would be much appreciated. And if I simply missed the thread where all this already was posted - be so kind and toss me a link :)

Where do they spawn?
So far they can spawn anyplace, but each Stranger seems to be associated with a particular location.

We've seen them in Luna, Hythloth, Heartwood (though that one was reverted), Destard, the Fan Dancer Dojo, and Despise (first).

When do they spawn?
So far they spawn one at a time, one a day, on a rough 1.5 to 4 hour schedule. On Stratics, Draconi stated that after they have all appeared, they will continue to spawn on a random cycle, only one at a time. (I forget if it's one Stranger per day or if it could be the Hythloth Stranger one minute, and after he drops, the Heartwood Stranger, or something along those lines. Some dude on Stratics had the link, I had missed this info entirely.)

What's in those boxes?
Random loot of varying quality, and a Crimson Cincture.

How do I fight them without a Greater Dragon?
If you are an archer, do what archers do.

If you are a dexer, joust.

Either way, be prepared to heal at a moment's notice; their special attacks are wicked.

And if you're a tamer, the Greater Dragon is a very bad idea to use. Not only can the Strangers make your dragons go wild, but they are highly fire resistant.

Use a Cu Sidhe, or a Dread Warhorse.

-Galen's player

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
*stickys*

Good info Galen, thanks.

TheGrimReefer

TheGrimReefer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
You will not get a crimmy from these guys do not listen to these rumors our guild has killed at least 20 and have never seen it spawn

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

You will not get a crimmy from these guys do not listen to these rumors our guild has killed at least 20 and have never seen it spawn

You missed it, or someone grabbed it before you did.

An alliance-mate got it at least once. And if it was true in that one instance, the stories everyone tells of getting one are a lot more credible.

Also yesterday, I opened a chest and saw a Cincture, but wasn't able to pick it up.

-Galen's player

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Tactics:
Mage - Use cold damage, aka mind blast. Cast energy vortexes until the stranger's weapon breaks, then stick to the mind blasts, as he'll start one hit killing the EV's.

Spellweavers: Don't forget your focus. WOD WOD WOD. Great spell.

Necromancers: wither is good, but keep it at range.

Tamers: In the second half of the fights, your pets WILL die at least once. Once the stranger's weapon breaks, it's best to withdraw and cast mind blasts with the mages. Rune beetles also do very well in the start of a fight, but I'd stick with the DWH or puppy since you can mount it to run off and heal.

Everyone:
CROSS HEAL! You don't get fame for the kill, you don't get karma. You get the loot anyway. And if the person next to you is still alive, that makes one more person that the stranger has to kill before you get dead.

And if I haven't made it clear enough. HEAL OTHER PEOPLE!

ladykolleen

ladykolleen

Original Wonder Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
I was just going to post how do we fight it . . . with a mage - so thanks farsight ;D your post is so helpful
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I am Diana, Princess of the Amazons! I won't be denied! "

muscle_n_flow

muscle_n_flow

Everything Hits At Once

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I don't understand how the loot works. A box drops on the ground, and then anybody can take from it? So, one person runs over and picks up the box, then you get nothing?

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Galen, did you personally receive a Crimson Cincture?

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Galen, did you personally receive a Crimson Cincture?

No; but the one chest I was able to open, thus dumping all the contents out, had one right on top.

And the alliance-mate who got one wouldn't tell me a tall tale.

-Galen's player

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

I don't understand how the loot works. A box drops on the ground, and then anybody can take from it? So, one person runs over and picks up the box, then you get nothing?

A box drops on the ground, along with gems scattered all over the place.

You open the box, and the loot in it scatters all over the place.

Then someone grabs the, now empty, box.

-Galen's player

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
This new loot mechanic seems a little arbitrary, but at least support characters have a chance at something.

And stealth thieves slumming in Trammel!

~M

righteous

righteous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
A mages best bet for damage seems to be Earthquake, and as for a necro I do more damage with Pain Spike than I do with Earthquake. Mostly I just cast EV's until I can cast WOD at 25% of its health then it really dies fast 400 to 500 points of damage for each WOD, fully stoked with SDI and Arcane Empowerment.

Don't cast spells with lasting effects like Wildfire, Choke, Posion, Wall of Fire etc it will hit you with its V fire attack and then teleport to you and hit you again, people usually die when that happens.

The current stranger in Hynoth has a whirlwind attack as well, you want to stay atleast two tiles away from him. Archers and tamers healing thier pets tend to die alot. Once any of the strangers weapons break they really start dealing some damage usually killing most things with one hit, you really want to try and kill it before that happens. The one in Hynoth always seems to spawn in a room on the first floor.

Righteous

righteous

righteous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
A mages best bet for damage seems to be Earthquake (22-26), and as for a necro I do more damage with Pain Spike (30) than I do with Earthquake. Mostly I just cast EV's and Blade Spirts until I can cast WOD at 25% of its health then it really dies fast 400 to 500 points of damage for each WOD, fully stoked with SDI and Arcane Empowerment.

Don't cast spells with lasting effects like Wildfire, Choke, Posion, Wall of Fire etc it will hit you with its V fire attack and then teleport to you and hit you again, people usually die when that happens.

The current stranger in Hynoth has a whirlwind attack as well, you want to stay atleast two tiles away from him. Archers and tamers healing thier pets tend to die alot. Once any of the strangers weapons break they really start dealing some damage usually killing most things with one hit, you really want to try and kill it before that happens. The one in Hynoth always seems to spawn in a room on the first floor.

Righteous

muscle_n_flow

muscle_n_flow

Everything Hits At Once

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Honestly, if they drop peerless ingredients, I would believe them dropping Crimsons too, since you can get Crimsons from any of the peerlesses.

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

No; but the one chest I was able to open, thus dumping all the contents out, had one right on top.

And the alliance-mate who got one wouldn't tell me a tall tale.

-Galen's player

Thanks sir :)

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
Word is that, since the Publish, The Six have no longer dropped those boxes.

No one seems sure about the Cinctures.

-Galen's player

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Word is that, since the Publish, The Six have no longer dropped those boxes.

Can anyone confirm this?

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Can anyone confirm this?

No....But what we can confirm is that The Six no longer spawn at all, at least for the time being.

-Galen's player

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: condensed, info, request