Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Punkbuster setup lists Ultima Online

- - - - - lists online punkbuster setup ultima

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
I noticed this while setting up America's Army (FPS). It looks like someone forgot to take it out.

Posted Image\

Selecting the option to install does nothing.

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
oh well, guess you could send them a email asking whats up with that?

nice find though. wonders how long it has been there?
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

oh well, guess you could send them a email asking whats up with that?

nice find though. wonders how long it has been there?

Since around the time UOSE came out. There was a huge push by the AoS team to get punkbuster in the game, believe it was scrapped, for what specific reason I am unsure.

But you can bet I remember the "Punkbuster is unfair/invasive" posts on stratics.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I remember asking the owner of Punkbuster, who's name I forget, but he said the technical testing and integration, was successful

But, when I asked Jeremy later on, she said.

Nope. Legal issues – negotiations basically reached deadlock.

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
Funny ... you have hundreds of people potentially violating TOS and it boils down to a legal issue.

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Funny ... you have hundreds of people potentially violating TOS and it boils down to a legal issue.

Hehe, potentially? :naughty: There's blatant evidence of it occurring. You can see it practically everywhere if you know what to look for.:busted2::whip2:

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
If someone's against it for violating privacy, that'd be the accounts as a developer/someone in the higher up rank that I'd be watching in game for a while... o.0
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts

Since around the time UOSE came out. There was a huge push by the AoS team to get punkbuster in the game, believe it was scrapped, for what specific reason I am unsure.

But you can bet I remember the "Punkbuster is unfair/invasive" posts on stratics.

I was around for that debate. Was just asking if punkbuster itself had anything to say. Since there is no game that I own that uses punkbuster or I would ask myself.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Well...the thing about isn't so much the cheating, it's the cheating and the laundering to make real life money that bothers me!! haha I bet you a lot of the people who cheat and make money off of it were against the invasion of privacy ;P. But, play on, I guess....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lists, online, punkbuster, setup, ultima