Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

How outdated Am i?

- - - - - outdated

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Pestilence

Pestilence

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I'm workin on a char atm...and am not sure how it might work out....i have not seen any lumber on templates in recent months is it dead?

swords 120
bushido 120
resist 110
anatomy 110
Lumber 100
parry 100
heal gets the rest...

the basics are familiar..its the lumber im wonderin about :)

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
The DI bonus from LJ isnt that significant that you need to spend it on a char, I would put those points into chiv and heal/resist. You could get the same bonus in DI from that DI talisman. I would suggest putting the LJ on a crafter with carp and fletching and you would probably get more use out of it.
Chiv is too important to not have it on a swordsman.

Pestilence

Pestilence

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Never had a swrdsman new ground for me :P guess ill put fence back on and work ninjitsu lol was my other alternative...drop swrds add fence drop lumber for ninja i have enuff heal to rez atm... bushido and pots might do the trick chiv still has that "yur stuck in one spot" for a moment to it :-/ Im looking for high offense and damage critical attacks "...if i cant dig yur A** with a quickness....yur gonna dig in mine!!" :P i dunno maybe i jus lost my mind...pmsl

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
spells are hardly a limited resource...
any mage worth his own has good lmc, and mana regen.
I know my mage (only like 80 medi if that even) with 15+ mana regen NEVER runs out of mana....
never ever
maybee fielding/eving constantly...but not running around expl fsing people...mana will never drop below half.

-also, my dexer's mana is more limited than my mages. My dexer has no bush, no healing/anat for healing on the run. He must rely on chiv, which means if I do too many specials and have no mana left, I cannot heal.
Most dexers unless they have insane mana regen will run out of mana long before a mage.
Posted Image

Vy

Vy

THE CULT OF THE OCTOPICKLE !

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

spells are hardly a limited resource...
any mage worth his own has good lmc, and mana regen.
I know my mage (only like 80 medi if that even) with 15+ mana regen NEVER runs out of mana....
never ever
maybee fielding/eving constantly...but not running around expl fsing people...mana will never drop below half.

This is another thing that is broken with UO. 20 minute offensive dumps should not be part of the game and its part of the reason why dueling means shit any more.

Timing and mana conservation were what mage dueling displayed. Now any newbie can dump magic arrow and weaken for 20 minutes.

Back to the subject...even with 15 MR on a suit with max LMC at some point you will run out of mana if you continually dump it. a dexer will NEVER run out of swings.

-also, my dexer's mana is more limited than my mages.

really? Then all the dexers I have seen with 12 MR, 40LMC and 40+ hit mana leech weapons dont exist right ?

My dexer has no bush, no healing/anat for healing on the run. He must rely on chiv, which means if I do too many specials and have no mana left, I cannot heal.
Most dexers unless they have insane mana regen will run out of mana long before a mage.

every template has a weakpoint. Yours is basing all of your offense and healing around mana. Waitaminute ? that sounds like EVERY mages drawback....except that while you are curing/healing with chiv, you are still swinging your weapon.

game, set and match.

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
true...but my weap does maybee 6 damage hehe
my damage output is based off having mana for specials and/or deathstrikes.
If I use it all healing sure i can still be swinging my weap but not really gonna hurt anyone.
I am not complaining in the slightest here...and truth be told I usually have PLENTY of mana on my dexer...just saying that they (well one like mine w/o healing.bush) are just as mana intensive as a mage and most dexies have far from as much mana as most mages have.
my dexie for example has 89 mana I think, and uses mana to heal
My mage has 150+ mana...
BIG difference
Posted Image

silverfox15987

silverfox15987

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Dude in my opinion your temp is the !!!!! i mean if i could get my char up like that i have a lot of fencing no - sc DAMN good weps i could use same with swords macing and archery you have a nice temp and where your account is a veterans account you should have another 10-30 skillpoins to play with i would bring your healing up to 110 tacts to 110 and fencing to 110 Depending on your veiw but no dont listen to them they just want another person ti pick off with ease! Your temp is the !!!! Especially if you manage to get your hands on a all 70s leather lmc40 suit with a lil bit of LRC and HCI FC/FCR!!! Dude DONT LISTEN TO THEM!

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts

i hate parry... i hate having a shield. i have since day one in 2001 when i played lol. Will i still be ok with 110 bushido against parry warriors or mages? i really like that template that u suggested thinking this:

110 tact
100 anat
90 heal
120 fence
110 bushido
70 chiv
110 resist

= 720 skill pts

with this setup, can i still use a long spear and be effective and do damage? thanks

No offense man, but the way people pvp in factions on atlantic, you will not survive with this template. Almost 90% of the guys in factions on ATL are mages or ninjitsu/hiding archers, and they travel together. You will get bombarded and ganked to no end. I do not suggest having a high dmg, melee based char if you plan on doing factions. Without parry, you won't be able to evade anything with bushido, so there's really no point of having bushido without parry. And btw, you can parry without having to have a shield on now. So basically, if you run with this template, you'll get dismounted, disarmed, then disembowelled.

silverfox15987

silverfox15987

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

No offense man, but the way people pvp in factions on atlantic, you will not survive with this template. Almost 90% of the guys in factions on ATL are mages or ninjitsu/hiding archers, and they travel together. You will get bombarded and ganked to no end. I do not suggest having a high dmg, melee based char if you plan on doing factions. Without parry, you won't be able to evade anything with bushido, so there's really no point of having bushido without parry. And btw, you can parry without having to have a shield on now. So basically, if you run with this template, you'll get dismounted, disarmed, then disembowelled.

Yep!

Diomedes

Diomedes

Stealth/Archer !!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
ok, well old post. but i modified my char alot... :( not for what i like but hopefully what works. heres what i have now:

120 Tactics
115 Macring
110 Resist
110 Bushido
110 Parry
100 Chiv

w/e is left is in focus. I plan on going 120 macring and someday 120 resist. Can't afford scrolls at this time. But char is made for single hits (diamond mace) with evade and decent resist. let me now on the new setup! Oh no more factions.

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
u will want no shield to parry and evade properly...and if ur gonna use a diamond mace id try to work in some EP (enhance pots) since u already have teh open hand.
also id consider dropping the chiv and the tactics for anat+heal but thats up to u
Posted Image

Diomedes

Diomedes

Stealth/Archer !!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
i dunno, i got so used to 4/6 chiv that i can heal rather fast with it. and with 85 dex heal is of no use for me. I just found that out about evade. i am thinking about carrying a narled staff around. one with fast cast, di, and ssi. Problem is i am only 3/6 then. the shield made me 4/6. i could use that gay helm of swiftness but i like my helm of insight :) 100 mana on a dexxer is nice.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
That is what I am using on my 4/6 dexxer, the insight 130str, 90dex(may go down for more hp) 108 mana. What I did was finally break down and use the orny to get it tho...I just cant find a good cache of weapons with fc1 and good mods that i need, so actually instead of 4/6, I ended up with 4/5 which I have noticed the difference is almost un-noticable. I think the 4fc is what really matters..

Diomedes

Diomedes

Stealth/Archer !!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
i agree. but i can't afford an orny.... life would be so much easier if i could right now. trying to remake my suit right now and its just not working with the swiftness helm

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
yah the orny is a very expensive piece of jewelry. I was lucky enough to obtain one from my buddy who quit and just gave me his stuff...I didnt use it for the longest time because I wasnt sure if he was going to sell his stuff or not, but eventually he said go ahead and take the stuff, I dont care. So I ended up using quite a few things in there. It has helped alot of my suits tremendously.