Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

How outdated Am i?

- - - - - outdated

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Well I look at it as a balance of what you need at that time. I have resists on all my mages, but not on my dexxers. I can heal and remove curse through their curses and BO's. As a dexxer, I just cand find a good balance between being a power and damage machine and also having resist. Its just a tradeoff. I die usually anyways, so why waste the points on just delaying it. I would rather kill first and get killed by the gank squad.

I really hate withers too. What skill does it show to hold a chokepoint and wither everyone that shows up. It just blows my mind, all these "anything but a mage is a newb trash" guilds withering away....

My dexxers all have chiv that can remove curse and do away with what they just fillled my buff bar with,then get back to whooping the crap out of em. I love interuppting a mage with a cleaver with 35ssi...hehe. Then switch to a nice big TB and make em run. I have plenty of time to regroup and go back for more. Last night TC (Baja's largest red guild) was out in full force SPAMMING omen para's ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NIGHT. So what I had to do was put away parry and get my resist just for that. Lots of gold ensued. I hated having to do it, but in that case I had to. Like I said before, its just a trade off that you need to weigh out the pros and cons.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests

Harr, dude doesnt like withers..... Whoops for me on some of the murderous tales :P

I agree with cutter though. I can stand being a mage in any game. Mages just arnt me im afraid. I have a Necro Pally which i enjoyed (why the hell does nobody count him?!?). Was a character i realy enjoyed being :)

Ly, I dont mind withers when fighting 1 or 2 people, its the wither cannons and meteor storm cannons that hold choke points or dungeon entrances, and thats all they do. They are the same ones that harp all the time that "mages take skill, you dexxers are mindless" that piss me off. Wither cannons take no skill as well. A wither is a great tool, when you are coming up on a group of guys who just noble sacrificed to rez his buddies. You get multiple kills at once.. hehe.. More money for your tales!

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests

cant evade unless you have parry + bushido I believe.

this is true. my buddy tried several different template combinations and found out that adding parry to his archer w/bush did nothing. now on a mage/bush/parry which is the gimp temp of the month, they will evade everything and anything you throw at em which is why I hate em. These guys will survive a 6v1 and just run circles around you

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
try disarming those evasion gimp mages.
it works wonders. =0

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
then just spam em w/ deathstrikes and lethal poison while holy lighting so they cant cast
they either die
or they run
in which case they still die from deathstrike =0

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
My favorate thing to do to mages, is use a really fast bokuto. They get soooo pissed when they cant even mini heal. I was up this morning early and decided to do a spawn with a couple guys who couldnt sleep either. 2 very sketchy mages decided to skip into the spawn...i caught one between some rat mages and me and he couldnt heal to save his life for lack of better words. Well it ended up that the 4 of us won the spawn against the 4 of them and go out with a 120 wrestle and a couple 115s, cant remember them all but it was a pretty decent result.

Bokuto +SSI for the win against evade mages! Cant evade a sword....

Vy

Vy

THE CULT OF THE OCTOPICKLE !

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Ok, you can drop chiv down to 80, maybe even 70. That is all you will need in PvP

55 if you are only using it to consecrate and div fury. You may fizz one once in a great while, but not so you would notice.

Vy

Vy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Any reasonably intelligent mage will realize you have no resist eventually. At that point he will an ex por you, Cross field you w/ 2 energy fields (trapping you)
At that point its up to him how to finish ya...but yer dead in the water. Myself I like to put two ev's down next to the victim at this point, possible disarm him, maybee poison him, and watch as the ev's finish him =p

i prefer summoning a deamon.

Vy

Vy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Last night TC (Baja's largest red guild) was out in full force SPAMMING omen para's ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NIGHT. So what I had to do was put away parry and get my resist just for that.

omen para will still hold you for 10+ seconds if you have 120 resist. ;)

Thats why we do it with dexer newbies and gz hiding newbies so often. If you cant run, we gotcha.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
yah, those omen paras suck soo much, it hurts even the most defensive character.

I agree, you can go down to 55 chiv, but you will fail your sacred journey alot. I have just 60 on my crafter just for SJ, and he fails alot. If you plan on spawning, then atleast go 60, so you get a chance to hit an Eo1 on something. There are certain things I do not want to chance, and that is failing a SJ. That just plain out sucks.

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
i have 120 resist but still try to cary a trapped box whenever possible...not only to get out of evil omen/para...but to be able to push thru para fields quicker.
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
yah those trap boxes are nice, they got me out of the star room alive the other night. I had a 120 wrestle and resist, and it was fielded all the way to the gate. I just boxed over and over and got out within an inch of my life...

Vy

Vy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
trapped boxes and evasion need a nerf.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I do agree they need a nerf, I hate evasion parry mages. I dont mind evasion too much on a dexxer as there is no such thing as HCI for a flamestrike. it is 100% everytime no matter how much parry, wrestling, DCI, forcefield around your char, you have. Mages spells hit 100% everytime. You cant dodge a FS like a mage can dodge a sword. Trap boxes should do more damage and make it more risky to use. But those out there that do like 2 damage, its crap.

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
if there was no trapped boxes then every mage out there would simply evil omen/para...then x-field every time and there would be no way to get away from it short of a teleport ring perhaps.
no trapped boxes would simply make mages way too powerful imo
bad enough they dont get u out of nerve strike...
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Cant you use the Bokuto specials without swds too? Just 50 bushido and thats it? If so, they need to have swords.

If you have resist, does the nerve strike last shorter? I was just wonderin cause some guys seem to move right away, and others hold still for a sec or 2.

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
need the swords (or any other meelee and a ubw) and 50+ bush to do nerve.
2 seconds of unbreakable paralysis. Resist has nothing to do w/ it.
the para lasts less time than normal stun but its unbreakable so u precast expl get that nerve off and if ur buddy has guy bled it wont mess u up.
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
What I usually have been doing is nerve strike then switch out real quick and do crushing blow with an ornate axe I have with some insane mods, over 40s in life and mana leech, 38 stam, 25ssi, 45di.

I was able to kill a mage one time who had really low phys prob due to wearing a pendant, HOM, and AOF combo with the 2 hits. did 70 damage with the axe. My bokuto has 30 hit harm too, and it seems to hit EVERYTIME.

I sometimes think that the lower hit spells on weapons are more reliabable than the higher ones, like the 30 hit harm will hit more than a weap with say 50. I dont know, it could just be my imagination, but it seems way more reliable. I also have a hatchet with just 18ml, 28hld, 13hci 20ssi, 48di, and I hit that hld and ml like everytime.

Anyone else notice this?

Vy

Vy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

I do agree they need a nerf, I hate evasion parry mages. I dont mind evasion too much on a dexxer as there is no such thing as HCI for a flamestrike. it is 100% everytime no matter how much parry, wrestling, DCI, forcefield around your char, you have. Mages spells hit 100% everytime.

yes but spells are a limited resource. Dexers dont run out of swings, and even if your stam gets low you can div fury or drink a total refresh. If a mage runs out of mana he is done.

Further, dexers can heal while they stay on the offensive...mages have to either heal or attack...using their limited resource - mana.

Spell dodging is bullsheep for those reasons alone.

Vy

Vy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

if there was no trapped boxes then every mage out there would simply evil omen/para...then x-field every time and there would be no way to get away from it short of a teleport ring perhaps.
no trapped boxes would simply make mages way too powerful imo
bad enough they dont get u out of nerve strike...

trapped boxes have totally bypassed an in game skill - Resisting spells. For that reason alone they need a nerf.

If you drop Resisting spells, then you should face the consequences of that lost of skill points. If you get cursed, you can eat an apple or chug a blue / white, if you get para'd you pop a trapped box.

Doesnt make sense at all.