Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Sprint of the Totem

- - - - - sprint totem

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
I got a spirit of the totem the other day for my sowrdsman. Before I equipment it my str was 100 and my hit points were 104. Aftet putting it on my str went to 120 but my hit point went to 115. I thought hit points were added to the str. Because when I was at 100 str, I had a piece of armor that had 4 hit point increase. Which equal the 100 str and 104 Hit points. So why didn't the hit points get add when I put the spirit of the totom?

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Your HP did go up, I forget what the stats on the item are and the equation for how much HP you get for Str, but it's something different for when you go above 100 Str. It's not 1 Str = 1 HP after 100.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
oh ok, thank Dip. I was wondering about that. Thanks again

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
it's cut in half over 100 I think, for all stats...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

youmademeregister

youmademeregister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
to figure out how much hp you get from your str:

50 + (X / 2)

where X is your str. essentially, 2 str is 1 hp.

10 str = 55 hp
100 str = 100 hp
125 str = 112 hp (i believe it rounds down, too lazy to test)
gellin. :hat47:

Kellerman

Kellerman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
Not to be picky, but by your formula there, unless I'm wrong which I may be, the hp would look like this:

(50 + 10) / 2 = 30hp
(50 + 100) / 2 = 75hp
(50 + 125) / 2 = 87.5 hp, rounded whichever way.

I'm not trying to picky, but I just mainly wanted to know if I was missing something.

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
no...it's point for point str to 100...over 100, it's 50+(X/2) where X is your str. And then of course you have to figure in HP inc gear. But that's just the base stat equation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Kellerman

Kellerman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
Ah
Got it.
Sorry I was confused.

youmademeregister

youmademeregister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
er, yeah. got my parenthesis in the wrong spot. edited :s

also, the formula isn't subject to diminishing returns past 100 str. it scales evenly from 10 to 125 (and above).
gellin. :hat47:

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Re: Sprint of the Totem

All of that info is great ... but how fast does it make you run !

holmedog

holmedog

The Holmedog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
:) What I would pay for that.

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

All of that info is great ... but how fast does it make you run !

It doesn't, for that you need your "Sandals of Swiftness". They are are well worth having. I couple them with scrolling myself to 120 in running.=)

Numb

Numb

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

it's cut in half over 100 I think, for all stats...

No for some reason only Str gets cut in half. Dex and Int do not.

That's why I never recommend having over 100 Str, it's just a waste of stat points. If you want to raise your hit points above 100, just use hit point increasing armor.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mrarsonal

mrarsonal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

No for some reason only Str gets cut in half. Dex and Int do not.

That's why I never recommend having over 100 Str, it's just a waste of stat points. If you want to raise your hit points above 100, just use hit point increasing armor.

Not really. I like to have 125 str especially on my crafters because it lets you carry alot more. On some of my human toons, I can carry over 600 stone.

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
and that extra boost to HP can save your butt and that of your group/guildmates in pvp... ^^ can be the difference sometimes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Numb

Numb

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Not really. I like to have 125 str especially on my crafters because it lets you carry alot more. On some of my human toons, I can carry over 600 stone.

Sure on a crafter who cares really. On any other char it's a waste of stat points no matter how you look at it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Numb

Numb

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

and that extra boost to HP can save your butt and that of your group/guildmates in pvp... ^^ can be the difference sometimes.

You're wasting stat points if you put them into your Str over 100. Get HP increase armor.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

It doesn't, for that you need your "Sandals of Swiftness". They are are well worth having. I couple them with scrolling myself to 120 in running.=)

The title of this thread says 'Sprint' of the totem ! Why won't it make me run faster? FALSE ADVERTISING !

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
Yea my bad typo. I can't type

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

You're wasting stat points if you put them into your Str over 100. Get HP increase armor.

Actually, my character doesn't have 125 str...I think she's got 125 dex, and maybe 90 str and the rest in int...she wears a spirit to boost her str so I don't have to use the stat points there, and I'm too cheap to buy specs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sprint, totem