Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Need ideas for decorating a Keep!

- - - - - decorating ideas

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

~Belle~

~Belle~

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Hello, I'm new to Forums but I'm interested in buying my friends Keep and I was wondering if you could share some of your ideas for decorating. I currently have a Large Tower that I love so I"m hoping someone out there can help me =)

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
Well you do realize that you can not customize a keep, like you can a large tower.

But one idea would be to do a theme in each outer corner and one in the center.

I have seen set ups based on skills of the characters in the account. IE one corner for a forge for the blacksmith, one for the tailor, one for the carpenter, one for the tamer and in the center a general deco theme showing off your rares, collection, etc.

I wish you well, however you decide to decorate.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
I would use the towers for crafting and bedrooms, while the main room would be the living room/storage and dinner room :)
the shadows will prevail

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
I'm actually having a bit of trouble myself in decoing my keep. I've had it for over 2 years now and recently decided to do SOMETHING with it, I just can't figure out what. I have a lot of aos/whispering roses I'd like to make a nice garden out of , but I'm having issues with a good design for that too lol
Right now, only the southeast turret is completed to my satisfaction...the roses are just displayed in the center rooftop portion, not as I would like the end result. The northeast tower bottom level will be the treasure room, southeast tower bottom level the tailor's quarters, southwest tower bottom level blacksmith/carpentry, bottom main area will be living/greeting area, and second floor main will be dining/good times...tentatively, of course! :)

Attached Thumbnails

• keep1.JPG
  • keep2.JPG
  • keep3.JPG

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

chargar42

chargar42

&a mp; a mp; a mp; q uot ; Can Set Custo

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
Attached pics of my decorated keep. Comments? Suggestions?

Attached Thumbnails

• 1st floor.JPG
  • 2nd fl.JPG
  • roof.JPG

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Attached pics of my decorated keep. Comments? Suggestions?

well at first, that fireplace is really needed i gues, since it can be really chilly at night :P (bedroom on the roof...?!) strange to see the piona on another color than black (strange but cool) bit too much carpet tough, i would reove those, mayby u can put one of the carpets ontop of the table?

u can place gems like raby on the black floor to make it look more...

...spacey =)
the shadows will prevail

~Belle~

~Belle~

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Thanks for the pictures of the Keep. I really liked them and it gave me some direction as to what I could do with mine when I purchase it. =) any more pictures or sites you recommend???

DaNgel

DaNgel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
your houses look nicer than mine. I've really just got massive stacks of rares that I have in multiple numbers on display as well as little projects. My roof is elevated to maximum height with goza mats and a staircase leading to them of slightly ascending goza mats. I haven't decided what to do but the black/ultra pure white goza mat combo is really difficult optically.

skylark

skylark

Fear the deco tool!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
Miss Echo is a fabulous decorator of castles and keeps. Check out her website, Echo Deco at http://www.spellweave.com.

Also you might try castlesandcourtyards.com for a lot of nice little touches for your space.

There was a wonderful picture intense castle/keep thread on Stratics before it went down. We are in the process of making a new one. Not nearly as many examples in the new thread yet, but there are some things to look at here.

-Skylark
  • Ceridwen likes this

~Belle~

~Belle~

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
I'll def. keep these sites in mind...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: decorating, ideas