Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Larger Tower need help

- - - - - larger tower

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
My friend just gave me his larger tower lastnight. I need some ideas on decorating it. A lot of the pics that I looked at are of towers being used as guild houses. Not what I want this house to be. Any ideas and pics would be nice. Thanks.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
I always start with an idea of what I want to "house" to be. Then I break it down floor by floor room by room. Once I decide that, I start looking at different ideas and rearranging till I get it "right'.

I'd have a storage room, bedroom, kitchen, perhaps A smithy on the main floor back room. Just a few ideas

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
well i' ve got myself a tower now for the first time. and what i did with it is mainly... bottom floor storage and crafting (more dump for cleaning backpack each day :P...) than the craftroom in the small room. upstairs i have my office (in the room) and my more detailed storage, sorted out. than in a corner i have my carpentry corner (mainly just tons of unused chests). the floor above is empty for now and the roof aswell, further i have a litle farm :)... (you know sheeps, flaxx etc, love the location).
the shadows will prevail

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
can you post a pic?

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
well i have connecting problems last 2 days, but when its back up, sure!

dont expect to see much deco, my home is more outside, and the tower is there for storage.
the shadows will prevail

skylark

skylark

Fear the deco tool!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
Here is part of a tower I decorated for someone who wanted a "party" theme house with a thieves' club on one floor. I had a lot of fun with the roof but will admit is was more lockdown intensive than most things I create for people with all the pieces of cloth, plants, & granite. I constructed the hot tub so you can go down in it, but not run through it. There is a hidden blue goza step just below the cloth.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

-Skylark

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
great pics i love the first floor

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
same with me, first floor is awesome :D!!! (dont like the others much, to much elfen stuff... *dont like that*) :P
the shadows will prevail

WyndRyder

WyndRyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
I often use the wings atop for either *garden* the heirloom trees, or kitchen ie the lg stone oven, flour mill and water trough often are on the west wing of the top of the tower with a bar in front ...that sort of is aligned to the banister up there. You can also use the wings atop ye new tower, for the statues from heirloom the gold and or silver soldier knight looking ,so they are like knights up there guarding the place and so forth making one wing or both some what militaristic looking with a cannon up there too if ya have that vet reward.

*course I have 40 parrots so those are often squaking on my tower roof or any roof I may have* lol

You can also use SE screens to make wing or center ROOM/S up there on your tower roof...with the screens being walls they do turn with the house tool.. and can be the color of the wood used to make them up. And you can brighten up any drab wall with just adding the new curtains, or wall hangings etc. The curtains also can be utilsed in one room as .. room dividers too if one wants.

I do not make the 3rd floor the bedroom...walk under your tower and with the wings as they are ...if ya under there just right you can see right into 3rd floor under the wing flap.. I also do not put secureds there either. I use 3rd for the hearth and other cozies..and slap SE screens if I in the mood where the wing flap permits view..course not sure IF nature's fury can enter in via that way under that wing flap...but I prefer that 3rd floor under the roof wing flap.. to be shut off however I can do so. :)

I have seen folks use that first floor room behind the front room, for just storage, others use it for in home stable or hot tubs and or...billard rooms too. And one can turn that same room into looking like a winery or fishery as well using barrels and grapes, or barrels with fishnets and ya have a sort of piratey fishing room storage or winery storage room, instead of just blah chests all stacked up there looking so ordinary ...when it can look like Yew Abbey in there with winery or perhaps some *pier* full of barrels of riches and treasures..some folks make that first floor room behind the front room to look like a *treasure room* too with some silver and gold lying atop barrels or around them..gold bricks etc odds and ends and it can look like a treasure hunters room back there.

And if really bored with all that gray flooring ..goza mats can be your colored floor tiles or the rug deeds.

Enjoy :) lg twrs are grand they have their own sort of classic beauty and , as well as a bit of macho.. all combined to them so any thing you want you can DO in there for deco, just takes time and practice. Having a theme per floor or room will help ya to do it up right.
Posted Image

Lord Havok

Lord Havok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
Great Deco Skylark, I love the hot tub & the pond!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
-Charles Baudelaire

skylark

skylark

Fear the deco tool!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
Thanks!

The first floor was my favorite to make, because it was according to "my" taste...but of course when decorating for someone else you must incorporate their vision & tastes as well. The tower owner was a pleasure to design for, and gave me pretty much free reign after we discussed some of his goals. My own feeling was that the thieves' club area wasn't as special a setting that I had hoped to make for the owner, but it turned out well enough. I was happy with the bowling alley/party area on the roof. I try to make something unique for each person I design a house for, and while others may have done bowling alleys, I had personally never seen one in UO deco before I built that one.

It is unfortunate that we can't engrave the big covered barrels. The owner wanted a lot of organized storage, and in the first floor "cellar" area I ended up having to use matching engraved metal paragon chests, because the barrels couldn't be engraved. They look nice but it wasn't the look I was originally planning to create. I just stacked the unlabeled barrels I had purchased on the sides to give it more of the "cellar" feeling.

Someone on Siege was kind enough to give me one of the reverse facing cloaks he obtained from an IDOC, so I was able to make the piano properly. I was very happy about that. :)

I did not originally display the screenie of other floor of the tower, which was the owner's "personal" quarters because when I came back to survey the final job and take screenies, discovered that he had tried to "help" me with the decorating effort. Because the gozas "creep" over add ons, I had spent a long time creating a platform to raise the bed above the gozas so they would not creep up over it. Of course when I removed the outer edges of the platform, that would allow the individual tile sections of the bed to be raised/lowered. Apparently the owner had dropped a grobu fur on top of the bed, and thus caused the bed to "sink" so I was in the process of repairing the bed and replacing the gozas below. I couldn't unlock the grobu fur he had locked down though. But as I have said in the past, it got fixed and it is unlikely anyone will find the body. =) He had a LOT of the crystalline stuff placed all over originally. I tried to at least display some of it since he seemed to like it, but a little of it goes a LONG way IMO.

Posted Image

-Skylark

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
I am going to incorperate some your first floor design on my first floor, if you don;t mind.

skylark

skylark

Fear the deco tool!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

I am going to incorperate some your first floor design on my first floor, if you don;t mind.

No, I don't mind at all, but thank you for asking. Unless it part of something in progress for an active housing contest, my motto is all public posted deco ideas are free for swiping. :icon_wink:

That is why most of us post screenies I think...ideas seem to spark more ideas.

-Skylark

antiochian

antiochian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
Excellent pictures Skylark.

I can never manage to put those chests on top of each other.. They always drop inside the one below.. Is there a clear cut method to do that?

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
target the bottom right corner of the tile, not the box itself. The items autostack then.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

skylark

skylark

Fear the deco tool!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
I do the bottom corner method myself...it pops the chest on top. It can take some fussing. However, you can also simply place a chest, secure it, raise it all the way up with the deco tool, and place another below it, repeat that process for up to 3 chests, then adjust the individual chest heights until you are satisfied with the look.

-Skylark

antiochian

antiochian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
Please be patient with me..
Is there any way to change the position of a chest? I mean from E-W to N-S or vica versa...

woody

woody

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
secure it and use a house decor tool and set it to turn than target chest
Posted Image

antiochian

antiochian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

secure it and use a house decor tool and set it to turn than target chest

Hey, it worked.. Thanks a lot.

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
haha, those black tiles are goza's?

seems that i cant dye them here...

aah well, i gues walking in space just isnt the thing for me :)...

love the room, verry mystic and cool ^^
the shadows will prevail

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: larger, tower