Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

My house design, input needed.

- - - - - design house input needed

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Alexei

Alexei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Hail Everyone!
I've been trying to get it designed for a while and while its not completely done I think its done enough to post and maybe even get some input or suggestions!
Front
Posted Image
Meeting Hall
Posted Image
Personal Quarters?
Posted Image
Crafting Area:
Posted Image
I'm still working on completing the third floor...and the crafting area...trying to figure out what to do with all the clutter...when I clear it out it looks bland and too open... Also not sure what colors to dye the shields and banners heh....
Any input or ideas is greatly appreciated...The roof is empty...not sure what I want to do with it.

Legolaser

Legolaser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
The potted plants in the meeting hall looks out of place imo.
And u could fill the roof with huge rows of dinner tables, lampposts etc, cause a large house like that with a meeting hall needs one :).

But everything else is really awesome... I dont like all the new tiles (samurai and elf theme = yuck imo), good thing u didnt use them.

How do u get to ur basement? With a teleporter tile?

And u mind if i copy ur design? I just gave up my tower for a 18x16, i rly liked my tower, medieval and oldschool UO feel, but my neigbours 18x18s rly blocked my view.

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

Hail Everyone!
I've been trying to get it designed for a while and while its not completely done I think its done enough to post and maybe even get some input or suggestions!

Crafting Area:
Posted Image
I'm still working on completing the third floor...and the crafting area...trying to figure out what to do with all the clutter...when I clear it out it looks bland and too open... Also not sure what colors to dye the shields and banners heh....
Any input or ideas is greatly appreciated...The roof is empty...not sure what I want to do with it.

For my crafting areas I usually get barrels and put my items in them.I then put a small table on top.This can then also be used to place items on,or it looks good with a row of dye tubs on.

Love the look and feel of your work though.

Nicely done

*edit*

Oh and welcome to UOForums :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Alexei

Alexei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Yeah I was thinking of doing some close lid barrels and store granite in them. Maybe even do the colored plates on top and circle the barrels in the middle and maybe put a rare display in the middle on stone tablesor something.

On that first pic you can get into the crafting area on both sides, you just walk under the trees...its kinda like a hidden path to get to them...that and there is a teleporter hidden in the meeting area.

As for copying the house design go for it if thats what you wanna do.

Thanks all for the input and thanks for the welcome!

Arioch

Arioch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts
Holy cow, is that 17 Bod storage vendors in your basement?

I like the design a lot. The meeting hall is very nice, and I like the trees flanking the front entrance stairs. The area outside the bedroom seems a bit too spacious imo, maybe needs something to break it up.

As for colors, your two guards out front are decked in black and red, and your benches and tables are already black, so... just my oh so humble opinion.

Welcome to UO Forums!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lord L'arr Hamerfeld

Legolaser

Legolaser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
I made a large lookout on the third floor, maybe thats an idea for ur design too.

Posted Image
Posted Image

WildStar

WildStar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
You might want to make individual rooms in your crafting area, i.e. one for tailoring and another for blacksmithing. As for the roof, you might want to create a garden, perhaps with a fountain.

WildStar

Alexei

Alexei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Yeah all those bods are from doing years of idocs, I don't even do them anymore. Probably going to sell them if I move...I'm just not good with prices.

For the area outside the bedroom I was going to go with a dinner or poker table...that area isn't really finished...as I said its still a work in progress...you can pretty much see where I'm going though. :P

For the roof that is a good idea for a garden or something. I got some of the rubble yucca/palm/date trees I could put in there..the biggest problem I'm facing is covering up the hearths from the floor below.

Yeah I was thinking black and red...I might try that for the banners and shields.

As for the individual rooms I might do that...I've just had that bottom design for years...so use to it lol!

Thanks all for the input and keep it coming!

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
love the meeting hall, but the others arent my taste, to squary and large :P... (they look nice, just not my taste).
the shadows will prevail

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
i like it despite the fact that i hate boxes with a firey passion.

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
what are Idocs?
the shadows will prevail

Alexei

Alexei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
In Danger Of Collapsing

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
aaah, never saw one of those before :P

thank u alexei ^^

*congratulations zevil on ure 300rd post :D, all in house forum... *yea this forum is just TOO big!!!* :)*
the shadows will prevail

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
Looks like my old guild house in MSI!!!!!

Alexei

Alexei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
It use to be the MSI guildhouse until I left the guild. Now its just....well my house. :icon_eek:

Believe it or not I created the guild! I didn't like getting bothered all the time while doing something so I resigned as gm heh. Shooter then became GM and then Breezie (<---noob :P)

(This is Ertai)

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
lol, what i mainly do withguildmates who dont listen...

...well just say they cant dissapoint me again... :)

but than again those who listen are rewarded greatly! but mostly my guild are just me and a bunch of people in UO that i like, so they only get rewards :D!!!
the shadows will prevail

Alexei

Alexei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

I know who you are. And what you did to your guildmates. And is she a noob because of what you did.

What exactly did I do to my guildmates?

The closest I've every been to doing anything to anybody was the morning after I left I knew you guys would be doing a champ spawn so I raided for the heck of it... I did manage to even get a 120 out of the champ..and even then I returned the scroll back to Breezie...ask her lol.

I'm assuming your one of the newer members. :(

Edit: Convo with your gm:
Ertai ‎(7:54 PM):
Hey simple question...did I or did I not give you back that 120 mage when I raided you guys?

Trubble ‎(7:57 PM):
of course
everyone knew that

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
now now, this is he house forum, not the guildwars forum

so if you want to continue this please do it by PM, or add pictures of lovely houses to ure posts :D
the shadows will prevail

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
lol sorry zevil

lklovelykiki24

lklovelykiki24

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,113 posts
Wow very impressive personally I love it :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: design, house, input, needed