Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

for Japanese speaking people-日本語を話す人のために

- - - - - japanese speaking

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Guest_athos_uo_*

Guest_athos_uo_*
  • Guests
This forum seems to be not so often used as expected. I'd like to use here for only-Japanese-speaking people.

このフォーラムは思ったほど使われていないようだ。僕は日本語しか話せない人のためにこのフォーラムを使いたいと思う。

Guest_athos_uo_*

Guest_athos_uo_*
  • Guests
original post here

Re: FoF: A Patch Note Preview - 23 May 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiffydog View Post
The rewards sound nice, having the treasure maps, nets and sos's on the turn in list is a sad commentary on how worthless fishers and treasure hunters have become.
This is not how it is meant to be seen. Keep in mind that we have added Doom Arties, Powerscrolls (even 120s) and Stats Scrolls (even +25s), some of which are worth many millions. We simply added the items players are hoarding in ungodly amounts and taken into consideration what you all have been requesting be added for the turn ins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Havok View Post
The idea of having a archery butte, if it works, seemed cool to me...for events and such.
Yes, it does

(トレハンマップや投網や SOS ボトルが交換アイテムになったため、釣り師やトレジャーハンターが役立たずになってしまったのが悲しい、という投稿に対して)

これはそういうつもりじゃないのよ。私たちが Doom AF や、パワスク(120 も含んでいるわ)、ステスク(+25 もよ)など、何百万ゴールドもの価値があるアイテムも交換リストに加えたことに留意して欲しいわ。私たちは、プレイヤーが極めて大量に補完しているアイテムを追加し、交換リストに加えて欲しいとリクエストしてきたものを考慮しただけよ。

(弓の的が今ゲーム内にあるのと同じように使えるならばすてきだねという投稿に対して)
ええ、そうよ。

Guest_athos_uo_*

Guest_athos_uo_*
  • Guests
original post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiP View Post
No offense, but is the turn in being use to "clean up" Sosaria?
Yes, it is. This is "Spring Cleaning 2008".

(これらのアイテムはソーサリアの「大掃除」に使われるのか、という問いに対して)
ええ、そうよ。これは「2008 年の大掃除」よ。

Guest_athos_uo_*

Guest_athos_uo_*
  • Guests
original post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calell View Post
Sakkarah, any chance you can shed some light on if the 'holiday items' part of turn-in will include pumpkins and candy from halloween?
Currently only the Xmas holiday items and Valentines gifts are included. I'm sure Jeremy will post the complete list of all turn in items at the appropriate time.

(「ホリディアイテム」 はハロウィンのカボチャやキャンディを含むか、という問いに対して)

現在はクリスマスのホリディアイテムとヴァレンタインのギフトだけね。適切な時期になれば、ジェレミーが交換アイテムの全リストを投稿すると思うわ。

Guest_athos_uo_*

Guest_athos_uo_*
  • Guests
original post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWalker View Post
i forgot to say "thx" to ruin again rares!

i'm asking myself (but i didnt find an answer)...
"what do you have in mind when you chooce a new reward?"!!!!!!

god, there are so many items you can create and what you do? recycle!
No one wants to ruin rares, and me least of all considering I used to collect rares. But when an item is ultra-rare, then it shouldn't come as a surprise that many aren't aware it actually is player-owned in game. For example, if you look at vinecord sandals, only one of those existed and most people had no clue about them until they became massively duped. Had they never been duped, aside from a select few, nobody would have known about them, myself included. Also, most rares databases are outdated, so accurately determining what item is still rare, semi-rare or now common is not an easy task.

So to answer your question, when I select the items I want to give as a reward, I ask myself the following questions:

1. As a player, if I were given this, would I want to keep it or trash it?
2. Have players been asking for this specific thing?
3. Can this legally be obtained by other means in game?
4. Is this going to hurt crafters?
5. Is this causing PvP imbalances?
6. Is this a true rare?
7. Is the reward appropriate to the context it's being given in?
8. How much Dev/Art/QA time will be required to integrate this?

So often, it's not so much a matter of recycling, but rather giving players something they had been asking for a while. Archery buttes are a good example of that. If I can give people something I know they want and which will require minimal resources, I will do that rather than use a lot of Dev, Art and QA time to create something new that players may not necessarily want. And some things people ask for, we wont give yet because we want to make them craftable or already have specific plans on how we want to introduce them but haven't gotten to that yet.

(これまでレアとされてきたアイテムが褒賞品となったりするのはレアつぶしだ。新しい褒賞を選ぶときはどのようなことを考えているのか、という問いに対して)

だれもレアつぶしをしようと考えてはいないし、少なくとも私についていえば、私もレアコレクターよ。でも、あるアイテムが超レアの場合は、それは実際はゲーム内ではプレイヤーに所有されていることに多くの人が気づかなくても驚くに当たらないわ。たとえば、もし君が、一つしか存在しなくて、大量にデュープされるまではほとんどの人が何も知らない vinecord sandal を見たような場合ね。もしそれらがデュープされていなければ、ごく少数の限られた人たちを除いて、私を含めて誰もそれらのブドウのつるのサンダルのことを知らなかったでしょう。また、多くのレアアイテムデータベースは時代遅れになっているので、どのアイテムが未だレアであり、準レアであり、今は一般的なアイテムになってしまっているかということを、正確に決定するのはたやすい事柄ではないわ。

だから、君の質問に答えるとしたら、私が褒賞品として与えたいアイテムを選ぶときは、次のような事柄を自問するわ:

1.プレイヤーとして、もし私がこのアイテムを与えられたとしたら、それをとっておきたいと思うか、それともごみ箱に捨てたいと思うか?
2.プレイヤーはこのアイテムをずっと欲しいと願ってきたか?
3.これはゲーム内で合法的に手に入れることができるか?
4.これは生産者によくない影響を及ぼすか?
5.これは PvP のバランスを狂わせるか?
6.これは本物のレアか?
7.この報酬はそれが与えられる文脈において適切か?
8.これを報酬としてゲーム内に統合するにあたり、開発者/グラフィック担当/QA チームにどの程度の負担が生じるか?

だから、しばしば、これはアイテムを使い回しているという問題ではなく、プレイヤーがこれまで望んできたものを彼らに与えるということなのよ。弓の的がそのよい例だわ。もし私がみんながそれを望んでいると知っていてかつ最小の人的資源を費消するだけでそれをみんなに与えられるのであれば、それをするでしょうね。開発者、グラフィック担当者と QA の時間を使って、プレイヤーたちが必ずしも望んでいないかも知れない何か新しいものを作りだす代わりにね。みんなが望んでいるようなアイテムでも私たちがまだみんなに与えようとしていないとしたら、それらを生産可能なものとしたいと思っているか、あるいはそれらを導入しようという計画はあるんだけどまだその具体策が定まっていないということね。

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: japanese, speaking