Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

KR macros

- - - - - kr macros

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Thav12

Thav12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I am trying to make a KR macro to use provocation. I have tried:

target next enemy
provocation
cursor target current
target next enemy
cursor target current

this does not work. It just targets the next enemy, then it hits provocation. it doesn't actually target the current target. tried several different ways. Does anyone have a working provocation (or for that matter a taming macro) in KR?

Jocelyn

Jocelyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
:P I would love to know how to set hotkeys so they will stay after logging out and logging back in.

I've set up hotkeys any number of times in KR only to have them disappear the next time i log in -- VERY frustrating and prevents me from wanting to use.

I would appreciate any suggestions/help in this area - thanks:)

Moon Shadow

Moon Shadow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I found on my setup if i quit from my login then it remembers nothing, if i log off THEN quit it then remembers everything. Note: if it crashes then everything you change in that session gets forgotten.

Thav12

Thav12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
but has anyone been able to get a simple provocation macro to automatically have a second monster targeted? All i can get it to do is have the first monster targeted (right click on the provocation skill icon and select target-current. the rest is all messed up so far. the target icon just appears and nothing gets targeted and I have to do it manually again.. help please?

Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

:P I would love to know how to set hotkeys so they will stay after logging out and logging back in.

I've set up hotkeys any number of times in KR only to have them disappear the next time i log in -- VERY frustrating and prevents me from wanting to use.

I would appreciate any suggestions/help in this area - thanks:)

You MUST log out properly, ie hit ESC > log out.

Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Don't know about Provo macros (have NEVER used Provo on any chars in 9 years of playing lol), but try spellweave.com it has good user guides for macro setup etc in KR.

Thav12

Thav12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for the tip to go to spellweave.com. However, the more I work on this, I think I have stumbled upon a bug in KR. The first target gets targeted correctly, but the second target cursor I can not get to target the selected critter. Hopefully, someone will look at the targeting system in KR and fix this. Unless of course someone knows how to do it and can share it with us here on the forum.

Jocelyn

Jocelyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

You MUST log out properly, ie hit ESC > log out.

ESC ?? When I click ESC on the keyboard - nothing happens -- so I'm still confused:'(

When I click on the Main Menu these are my choices: Log Out, Exit Game, User Settings, Macros, Actions, Help, Bug Report, Close Menu

When I click Log Out I'm taken to a splash screen with QUIT at the top - which I do. Are you saying to use Exit Game instead? If it is that - that is different from ESC - unless ESC is an option ingame that I haven't seen?

Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

ESC ?? When I click ESC on the keyboard - nothing happens -- so I'm still confused:'(

When I click on the Main Menu these are my choices: Log Out, Exit Game, User Settings, Macros, Actions, Help, Bug Report, Close Menu

When I click Log Out I'm taken to a splash screen with QUIT at the top - which I do. Are you saying to use Exit Game instead? If it is that - that is different from ESC - unless ESC is an option ingame that I haven't seen?

Yeh I mean the button escape ('esc') located top left of normal qwerty keyboards. It will clear your target first, then if you have nothing selected will bring up the main menu.

...but yeh doesn't really matter how you get the menu up, you just need to use the "Log Out" option, it should then take you back to the account login splash screen. From there you can exit the game with the 'quit' button.

The same is true to an extent for 2D, if you log out incorrectly (by simply closing the client instead of logging off) any UI changes you have made (spell icons on screen etc) will not be saved.

In KR macros and UI are saved in the same file (C:\Documents and Settings\<windows username>\My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online\User Data\<uo account name>\<shard>\<char name.file>) {NB example is using Windows XP OS}, for 2d there are multiple files (found in the 'Desktop' folder in your 2D client program folder).

When you hit 'apply' after making a new macro in 2D it instantly writes it to your 2D macro file. In KR, since the macros are saved in the same file and way as the UI, it is saved when you log out.

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
If you are also using Vista make sure you run KR in administrator mode, so that your account has rights to modify the files. It may not save because you don't have write access to the files.

Jocelyn

Jocelyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

...but yeh doesn't really matter how you get the menu up, you just need to use the "Log Out" option, it should then take you back to the account login splash screen. From there you can exit the game with the 'quit' button.

I've always "logged out" not just merely closed the client. The next time i log into KR - my macros are gone. On the other hand, when I log out of 2D and then log back into 2D - my macros are there.

I prefer playing the client where the macros don't have to be re-done on each log in - sigh.:?

Thanks for the suggestions though:eusa_clap:

Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
If your on Windows XP go into...

C:\Documents and Settings\<windows username>\My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online\User Data\<uo account name>\<shard>\

Are there files in there named after your chars?

Jocelyn

Jocelyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

If your on Windows XP go into...

C:\Documents and Settings\<windows username>\My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online\User Data\<uo account name>\<shard>\

Are there files in there named after your chars?

Yes there are.:icon_smile:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kr, macros